• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

item_S05_02.png

Greil Spotted, my guess he's starter exclusive along with that Elincia and Soren.

item_B03_02.png

Jill spotted.

Both from the website (sourced from Sakuraland again).

Lunar15

Fuck yeah, Greil and Jill!

I'm assuming Haar, while available in PoR, will be in the RD set. Or at least, I hope so.

Also, I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen Oscar, Boyd, or Rolf.

Also Also, kind of nuts that you could have a book called "The making of Fire Emblem" but not have any mention of Kaga.

L95

Fuck yeah, Greil and Jill!

I'm assuming Haar, while available in PoR, will be in the RD set. Or at least, I hope so.

Also, I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen Oscar, Boyd, or Rolf.

Also Also, kind of nuts that you could have a book called "The making of Fire Emblem" but not have any mention of Kaga.

As I said, I've only heard this, but I'm... 'amused' that apparently the only Jugdral stuff in the book is a timeline, makes me question why Sigurd is on the cover, lol

Chrom

My favorite Kaga-related thing from the book is how the old Mayumi Hirota-designed Roy looks an awful lot like Leif.

Longest interview is with Kozaki for whooping 27 pages. Granted there's accompanying art & sketches in each page... Also didn't expect them to include interview with Sakurai in it too lol
My favorite Kaga-related thing from the book is how the old Mayumi Hirota-designed Roy looks an awful lot like Leif.

not-Ike is Leif v2 haha

edit: for Kaga part, probably they actually tried to get in touch with him but somehow they couldn't? who knows...

item_S05_02.png

Greil Spotted, my guess he's starter exclusive along with that Elincia and Soren.

item_B03_02.png

Jill spotted.

Both from the website (sourced from Sakuraland again).

Cool. I forget, is Greil the first NPC in Cipher?

Well, I guess Camus sort of counts... and Ganz if he really is getting a card in Series 3.

Kind of sad we didn't get enemies like Gharnef, Medeus, Validar etc.

L95

I imagine a console FE would bring back a fully 3d map/units, I imagine they didn't do it on any handhelds because models that tiny wouldn't look good. (Though, TBH, Awakening's and Fate's map sprites aren't really impressive in the first place, aside from all the custom heads...)

Chrom

I imagine a console FE would bring back a fully 3d map/units, I imagine they didn't do it on any handhelds because models that tiny wouldn't look good. (Though, TBH, Awakening's and Fate's map sprites aren't really impressive in the first place, aside from all the custom heads...)

That and there was probably a performance concern, I'd like to imagine. They already had to make the infamous feet compromise for Awakening.

Draxal

I don't like sprites

here's hoping NX brings us back to 3D map models like Tellius (which somehow is still the highest resolution Fire Emblem has ever been at)

I'm the opposite I love sprites and I think it's Int Sys's wheelhouse, Int Sys isn't a technical powerhouse.

NeonZ

I imagine a console FE would bring back a fully 3d map/units

I think Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn would have looked better with map sprites, because then we wouldn't get those horrible real time cutscenes with map models... If they go back to 3d map models, I really hope they don't do that again.

Black Knight kinda counts as well?

Yeah, but he's in Series 3 too. I guess Series 3 is when NPCs start debuting.

Oh god I'm going to go broke when this comes out in the states

Eh, I didn't really like the portraits... they're kind of LQ and totally not meant to fit into a tiny space.

The map sprites are cool though and you can sorta recreate some FE battles. It's just a shame there aren't many good 3DS themes to replicate a battlefield.

I think Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn would have looked better with map sprites, because then we wouldn't get those horrible real time cutscenes with map models... If they go back to 3d map models, I really hope they don't do that again.

Just use the battle models for cutscenes like they do now? This isn't hard.

Draxal

Eh, I didn't really like the portraits... they're kind of LQ and totally not meant to fit into a tiny space.

The map sprites are cool though and you can sorta recreate some FE battles. It's just a shame there aren't many good 3DS themes to replicate a battlefield.

You say that but you're going to be filling your 3ds with Sakura badges.

Are you going to watch the set 3 livestream sat 19:00 jst?

Imagining myself using the status screens of PoR to play Fates, I'm not sure I -want- FE to go back to consoles.

Given how much time I spend scouting (and how necessary it is as rushing in blindly just doesn't work this time around), I'd prefer scouting as clunk-free as possible. The way it is right now is just about perfect in that regard. Just hover over an enemy, look at the bottom screen, and boom, you got everything you need to know about them. Stats, skills, weapons carried, everything. Don't know what that weapon does? How that skill will screw you over? Tap it and you know right away. It's all there and is really quick and easy to access, making the decision-making process a lot quicker in the process. Also has the nice side-effect of making the top screen really clean.

Sure, the WiiU (and maybe NX) have the gamepad, but the separation of screens adds a little extra to the scouting process to make it a little clunkier. that clunk building up over time to make the overall experience a bit worse opposed to the 3DS where using the second screen is almost second nature.

Similarly, I'm not sure I want 3D models on maps. Think sprites are just better due to their deformed nature, emphasizing certain features so they really stand out and so you can discern what class they are more easily.

Golnei

As well as being indistinct, if their attempts at map models on a console looked like this -

- trying something similar on the 3DS; when combined with pixel density and performance concerns, would be a mess. But since the sprite/3D mix has been used for two of the series' most popular games, it might be ingrained enough to survive the transition to more powerful hardware, unless they did something like using a stylised 2D sprite as an indicator over the head of a lower-detail version of the battle model, which when an action is taken zooms in and seamlessly replaces the LOD model with the full-quality one for the battle scene; without using two completely separate models.

Draxal

item_B01_04.png

item_B01_03.png

I think the sleeves were posted before but the promos are new.

Also have started deck contents listed. With confirmed Gatrie, Rhys, three bros, Marcia and Lethe.

CVYUFIdU8AEzhA4.png:large

Draxal

Ike's SR has a signed version. There's alot more cipher merchandise now . Playmats, storage boxes, bins .. etc.

Rereleasing song of 25 Song of Heroes.

CVdXUVHVAAAWuiy.jpg

CVdgk4bUsAA-Tuf.jpg:large

Oh yeah.

http://fecipher.jp/event/comicmarket89/

All the stuff is now on their website. There's alot of stuff, just posting some samples.

dvd.png

artworks.png

Fuck my wallet is crying.

Dang, should've known they'd be bringing out the big guns for Comiket.

My wallet needs to reincarnate twice at this rate.

On the plus side, they're releasing the promo Sakura I was dreaming of : D~~

Draxal

I know the Camilla card is exclusive to Comiket, don't think the others are.

Aveyn you should probably watch the stream as it had three artists on it (Kozaki/Izuka/ and Yamada). The one thing that was weird was they were highlighting the PoR cutscene artwork a ton, makes me think that an artbook is coming out for that game as well.

Pics of the cards from the Ike starter deck.

http://kuronoishi.tumblr.com/post/134587625190/new-card-for-ike-deck-in-series-3-d

Top Bottom