• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Swamped

Banned
I'm bummed i missed out on the Special edition of fire emblem fates. I do hope it comes back!

Speaking of Awakening quotes, i do remember quite a few of them, but i always liked "Troglodyte!". Not a critical quote though!

Sölf

Since I played on japanese, I have like no idea what they are saying. But Chrom owns everything, because Tomokazu fucking Sugita is his voice actor.

quite thick
CUuPFsBUYAA_smv.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/Rifa_wii/status/669786303215480832

Not bad at all. Funny how the latest teasers are all dudettes though.

Also I gotta wonder if Yuzu, Shade and Ema were rejected Fates characters...

Draxal

Not bad at all. Funny how the latest teasers are all dudettes though.

Also I gotta wonder if Yuzu, Shade and Ema were rejected Fates characters...

Well, Yuzu/Shade/Ema aren't from their twitter. And I'm really hoping Yuzu gets added to the game and is marryable, because there's always going to be one missing kid if you don't marry male Corrin to a kid or a corrin exclusive unit and well the game pushes Corrin/Azura HAAARD.

Think the SR's for Por Side will be Ike/Mist/Elincia/Titania/Soren/Black Knight. Aside from Azura/Kaze I'm expecting Black Male Corrin/White Female Corrin, and I don't know what to expect from the last two.

Well, Yuzu/Shade/Ema aren't from their twitter. And I'm really hoping Yuzu gets added to the game and is marryable, because there's always going to be one missing kid if you don't marry male Corrin to a kid or a corrin exclusive unit and well the game pushes Corrin/Azura HAAARD.

Think the SR's for Por Side will be Ike/Mist/Elincia/Titania/Soren/Black Knight. Aside from Azura/Kaze I'm expecting Black Male Corrin/White Female Corrin, and I don't know what to expect from the last two.

There's not much difference though, considering it's the same staff : P

Nah, I don't see any full fledged units being added unless IS were really, really generous. Best thing we'll get is something like Cipher Marth, Lucina and Minerva.

They added Anna, but her data (support conversations, etc.) was already in the game and there's no more data for unused characters.

EDIT: I think Kaze is a SR on the Fates side. I suspect Flora may be one too, since Felicia and Jakob were SRs in Series 2.

Dang, Oboro's that high up? Fuck yes.

edit: oh nooooo anna's down at 31 :(

what did you expect a freaking paid DLC character to be at

also I love how this time Takumi is behind both Leo and Xander :lol

edit: wait now that I think about it...I wonder if it was western votes that caused some of the Nohrians to jump up

poor Subaki though

That would be 3 polls in a row where Camilla, Oboro, and Elise > Azura.

lol

Somehow I was expecting Rinkah to be a lot higher. Thought she had that look to her. Also sort of surprised that the Tharja clone is thoroughly middle of the pack, but I guess most of the 'veterans' kind of had a lack of novelty running for them.

EDIT: man is there a particular reason everyone loves oboro so much because as much as I like her myself she seems to thoroughly buck the trend of Japan loving the royals

Rinkah hype died with her stats

as for Oboro, maybe we should see if there were PoR/RD polls where Nephenee placed highly ;)

Moonlight

Banned
To be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how this list looks overall. Not that my own list really lines up with it that much aside from relative positions of characters like Oboro and Belka. Camilla was always gonna rank highly, but hey, it could have been a lot worse. While a part of me is inclined to go 'of course Fem!Corrin is number one because of course', I still like the character quite a bit.

The male list is overall pretty good, I think. At least from what I've read and gathered about them.

Somehow I was expecting Rinkah to be a lot higher. Thought she had that look to her. Also sort of surprised that the Tharja clone is thoroughly middle of the pack, but I guess most of the 'veterans' kind of had a lack of novelty running for them.

EDIT: man is there a particular reason everyone loves oboro so much because as much as I like her myself she seems to thoroughly buck the trend of Japan loving the royals

New FEif site is up (FEif Background), contains bunch of stuff like support dialogues, illustrations, wallpapers etc.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/index.html
also... character popularity poll result is up as well
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html

Based Oboro :^)
Hey, Takumi isn't #1! If Xander and Leon would swap spots, I'd be really happy, but I'm still very glad to see both older brothers place so high. Zero and Odin being in the top 10 also makes me smile, and Benoit(!!) placing so high is another awesome surprise. (I'm also very surprised by Gunter's place, he's waaaaaay higher than I thought he'd be.) Saizou, Harold, Asyura and Shinonome did alright too, so that's nice. And Fuuga isn't last! :D The ladies side has some surprising results too. (Why is Orochi dead last? That seems odd to me, but maybe I'm missing something.)

Now to see what these results will actually get us, more DLC? Hopefully they do a poll in North America this time too, and not on Facebook...

rip Tamuki, only 3rd? reign is over

very cool that female Corrin is a whole lot more popular (or has less competition) than male Corrin

the kids aren't very well liked it seemed lol, though the returns girls are more popular than the return guys

hopefully IS skips the royals when making another popularity based DLC, give more fanservice to the other characters too
and so odin can get another dlc again kek

rip Tamuki, only 3rd? reign is over

very cool that female Corrin is a whole lot more popular (or has less competition) than male Corrin

the kids aren't very well liked it seemed lol, though the returns girls are more popular than the return guys

hopefully IS skips the royals when making another popularity based DLC, give more fanservice to the other characters too
and so odin can get another dlc again kek
I think Fem Corrin being #1 is a prime indicator of how strong a female fanbase this series has gathered. I think that's pretty awesome. It seems to me the returning guys are more popular than the girls though, Odin and Lazwald are top 10, while none of the girls cracked that. (Though the guys do have the lowest placed returnee. Odd seeing the clones of such popular characters do so poorly.) Unless you just mean 2nd gen.

Edit: So if they're following the last game's formula, and skipping Corrin and the royals, that means we may see Jakob/Zero/Oboro/Azura and Foleo/Deere/Eponine/Ophelia DLC. (1st gen wins.)

Draxal

EDIT: I think Kaze is a SR on the Fates side. I suspect Flora may be one too, since Felicia and Jakob were SRs in Series 2.

You got that one right.

CUzWlZVUEAEsgSn.png:large

New FEif site is up (FEif Background), contains bunch of stuff like support dialogues, illustrations, wallpapers etc.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/index.html
also... character popularity poll result is up as well
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html

Based Oboro :^)

Oboro is so high because she's got the best voice in the game. The voice actress also voiced Felicia who alot of people seem to hate. Glad I voted for Harolthur all the time as he needed the help, and glad I got Oboro into the top 3.

edit. The fujoshi and the cross dresser are the two most popular kids heh.

Male list is more or less what I expected barring Zero and Foleo, who did better than I expected to my pleasant surprise. Female list though I liked a lot. Seemed pretty varied. Oboro being third despite not being one of the royals or shared characters, Flora beating Felicia despite availability, the Nohrian children + Kinu holding the upper-middle ranks over some of the 1st-gens, Orochi being dead last...I know Oboro's pretty popular, but the rest show how well-spread the votes were, I think (and show how Flora should've replaced Felicia :x).

Funnily enough, I spread many of my male votes while stacking all my female votes.
That would be 3 polls in a row where Camilla, Oboro, and Elise > Azura.

Azura can at least take pride in not being Hinoka or Sakura~

Draxal

Knowing how popular Takumi is, if I expected him to lose at all, I'd 've expected 2nd.

He's usually neck and neck with Leo(n). Xander came out of nowhere.

With the kids, and the awakening males doing really well, it's pretty much team Nohr. I thought Kinu was going to win most popular female kid, but 3 nohr kids including Soleil beat her.

PK Gaming

I know it's absolutely premature but my goodness do I not like most of the designs for the guys. There's a good chance i'll come around, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself a fan at the moment.

Draxal

I know it's absolutely premature but my goodness do I not like most of the designs for the guys. There's a good chance i'll come around, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself a fan at the moment.

I'm the complete opposite, but I think it's because it's hard for me to disassociate the boob armor from the female characters.

just for kicks, average placings in the poll:
Nohr-15.75 for males, 12 total (10.13 without kids, 8 total); 13.38 for females, 13 total (13.11 without kids. 9 total)
Hoshido-20.92 for males, 13 total (18 without kids, 9 total); 21 for females, 14 total (19.9 without kids, 10 total)
neutral/other-18.64 for males, 11 total (16.13 without kids, 8 total); 20.25 for females, 8 total (14.6 without kids, 5 total)

two things:
1. lol the kids dragging down the averages
2. hold that L Hoshido nerds

edit: this is extremely random (and probably incredibly complicated), but I wonder how much the results would change if it used some form of ranked voting rather than submitting a single vote for a single character

in case you were wondering, yes I did just spend too much time on wikipedia reading about various voting systems

sorry Xander/Takumi fans, Leo would still be #1

Busaiku

I'd be willing to bet male Corrin probably got more votes than female Corrin anyways, just that there is a larger female audience/fans of the male characters.
Wasn't that what previous polls indicated?

unless nintendo/Intsys reveals the data, we won't know how loaded the votes are for the top spots, considering you have to vote for both male & female... besides, that don't take into account die hard fans for characters who votes it at least daily or even do ip trick to multi-vote per day :p

I'd be willing to bet male Corrin probably got more votes than female Corrin anyways, just that there is a larger female audience/fans of the male characters.
Wasn't that what previous polls indicated?

no, not really, they were never split in a previous poll, also consider that even if the male characters got more votes in total before, the format basically makes them equal

too many people in Japan want to fuck themselves they need Ashera in their lives

Top Bottom