• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

neoanarch

I'm having an annoying problem with firefox, it's not the end of the world, but damn it is getting annoying. The blinking thing that lets you type. No matter where I click the blinking bar comes.

MG]http://i.imgur.com/zXZJDgE.png[/IMG]

Go under advanced options and disable "Use cursor keys to navigate within webpages" in the accessibility options.

Takuan

I made the switch to Firefox this past weekend because I was fed up with Chrome and its difficulties handling heavy animated gifs. The only thing that takes getting used to is FF's handling of Private Browsing, and no GAF LiveUpdate plugin, but I can deal. I experienced a crash at work trying to google something from the URL bar, but besides that things seem quite stable.

There's supposed to be an update to private browsing to where it works like Chrome pretty soon.

Yep. It's going to be introduced in Firefox 20. FF20 will allow you to have a separate private browsing window while keeping your original one open.

Madtown_

Isn't this just a placebo?

From what I think I remember, it's compiled into 64 bit, so it may be a tad faster, with the tradeoff of a little more security risks and plug-ins need to be 64 bit as well which isn't always the case.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I think I remember, it's compiled into 64 bit, so it may be a tad faster, with the tradeoff of a little more security risks and plug-ins need to be 64 bit as well which isn't always the case.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

In regards to 32-bit vs 64-bit, there's no observable difference. It's biggest draw though is to be able to use 64-bit Flash and Java.

ksdixon

Got an FF update today, embedded youtube videos no longer continues adjusting the player volume if you adjust it and then attempt to scroll up/down the page using the mouse wheel. Very pleased to see that fixed.

kharma45

Mozilla has a Modern UI Firefox app out now

Firefox%20W8.png

http://www.wpcentral.com/mozilla-firefox-rt-browser-windows-8-x86

Sagitario

Anyone using Firefox Mobile?
I started having this problem a few days/weeks ago:

Tabs aren't being saved anymore. If I leave some tabs open after switching to another app without actually closing or ending the program, the next time the browser starts/open it will try to load the tab(s) like before, but eventually it will just close all the other tabs and open the "Getting Started" page.

I tired reinstalling the browser, it didn't work.
Opera and Chrome save the tabs, Firefox used to (even when removed from RAM).

Persona7

Banned
Anyone using Firefox Mobile?
I started having this problem a few days/weeks ago:

Tabs aren't being saved anymore. If I leave some tabs open after switching to another app without actually closing or ending the program, the next time the browser starts/open it will try to load the tab(s) like before, but eventually it will just close all the other tabs and open the "Getting Started" page.

I tired reinstalling the browser, it didn't work.
Opera and Chrome save the tabs, Firefox used to (even when removed from RAM).

The mobile version is getting a update sometime tomorrow, so maybe try that and then report back.

About FF 19 :

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/19.0beta/releasenotes/

Jubern

Is there a way to make it so that pop-out windows don't open in a new window but in tab of the current one? I'm not talking about normal ad popups (well, they do count but I have them blocked on most sites), but the ones some sites sometimes have and open in a new window. For instance, the window that opens when I click on a thread posts number to get the posters lists (ie. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=514149)

Popups opening in new windows is pretty maddening when you use Firefox in full screen mode :(

neoanarch

Is there a way to make it so that pop-out windows don't open in a new window but in tab of the current one? I'm not talking about normal ad popups (well, they do count but I have them blocked on most sites), but the ones some sites sometimes have and open in a new window.

I'm not sure I'm really clear on what I want but I can't find an example of a site that uses it right now. "Open in a new tab instead of a new window" in the preferences is already checked.

about:config or an extension. You'd need to google them though.

One thing I don't like about FF19 is that, compared to FF18 when I reload a page on neogaf, instead of staying in the same place like before, it jumps back up to the new post I entered the thread at.

Road

One thing I don't like about FF19 is that, compared to FF18 when I reload a page on neogaf, instead of staying in the same place like before, it jumps back up to the new post I entered the thread at.

Check the address and see if there's "#postnumber" like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47920365#post47920365

That will always move the page to the indicated post. If that isn't there, then it should reload wherever it was.

Yep. It's going to be introduced in Firefox 20. FF20 will allow you to have a separate private browsing window while keeping your original one open.

Is this still coming for version 20? This is the only feature that I actually miss from Chrome.
In every other way, Firefox stomps on Chrome these days.

Built-in PDF viewer is a good step but it's still slows as hell. For now I'll just continue to open links to PDF files with Foxit Reader.

Sagitario

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, it's just past FF's always stayed in the same place even though there was a post number, I really miss that.

Just updated. Yep, I miss it too. It's annoying, specially when you constantly use "Go to last post" button.

Edit: REALLY REALLY absolutely annoying, indeed.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Has anyone been having occasional strange image rendering issues in Firefox? For example this GAF avatar looks like this when browsing:

2QZkq4G.png

The weird lines on the right are not supposed to be there nor is it supposed to look stretched like that. I figured this was a FF issue but I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so now I'm not sure.

MrBig

Has anyone been having occasional strange image rendering issues in Firefox? For example this GAF avatar looks like this when browsing:

2QZkq4G.png

The weird lines on the right are not supposed to be there nor is it supposed to look stretched like that. I figured this was a FF issue but I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so now I'm not sure.

gaf server errors, likely

Firefox 20 beta is out now. Brought 2 pretty big changes. One is that you can have a private browsing window and regular window open at the same time and two is the brand new download manager that is up by the search bar.

Top Bottom