• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

So I just updated from Firefox 18 to 28 and the speed increase is glorious :eek: I usually avoid updates because it tends to break my self-made theme but surprisingly it works as it did on 18, I hope the updated theme in 29 won't break too much of it :/

Coreda

I wish this dark Australis theme was a reality. Would be killer with the dark GAF theme. Mockup by shorlander at Mozilla.

VLqagOS.png

Would be tempting to make the assets for a dark theme if the skin files weren't so deep and complex. Just taking a quick look at the Fx Chrome theme it's hard to locate even the toolbar background.

MrBig

I wish this dark Australis theme was a reality. Would be killer with the dark GAF theme. Mockup by shorlander at Mozilla.

VLqagOS.png

Would be tempting to make the assets for a dark theme if the skin files weren't so deep and complex. Just taking a quick look at the Fx Chrome theme it's hard to locate even the toolbar background.

Stratiform should be able to do what you need, I've made a similar setup using that:
gfhnbfvnhnunf.png

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

http://i.imgur.com/VLqagOS.png

That does look pretty cool. I'd use it.

Pooya

I can't bring the home button to left side of tabs like in that shot (on 29 beta), it used to work in previous versions and I'm used to it like that.

MattDoza

VLqagOS.png

I wish I hadn't seen this until someone actually made it possible.

VLqagOS.png

Fuuuuck I need this.

Why is Firefox so slow and laggy on Windows 7, but it's so much faster and smooth when I use the browser on Linux Mint?

I leave a lot of tabs open, somewhere at least 30 of them.

Toppot

Just updated, my main issue is just how chunky the bar is.

DZqUraq.png

It's like 35% larger, vertical space is precious. Could do with a 'Small Icon' mode or something, can't find it atm, unless I use an extension.

Guri

Like every Firefox version, I hope it helps with the annoying YouTube stuttering. Does it happen with you new Australis users?

Schrade

The Mozilla team trying to make Firefox look like Chrome with its version numbering and yucky interface really have ruined it. Thank god there's still a bit of customization options and Cyberfox/Pale Moon to take up the torch.

Like every Firefox version, I hope it helps with the annoying YouTube stuttering. Does it happen with you new Australis users?

Mac or Windows

malfcn

Restarted. What the fuck, this is different looking. And no Forecast support!
How do I get the bar back at the bottom of my browser?

Guri

The Mozilla team trying to make Firefox look like Chrome with its version numbering and yucky interface really have ruined it. Thank god there's still a bit of customization options and Cyberfox/Pale Moon to take up the torch.

Mac or Windows

Windows. And both Flash/HTML5 player. I remember while using Chrome that it had an extension that would use the default HTML5 player on YouTube, not Google's one. But I didn't find anything like that on Firefox and it keeps stuttering, even sometimes on Cyberfox.

Don't do that, at least jump on in the Add-on train instead https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

You can literally change everything back to how it was before the update with this.

With that addon and this one https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cstbb/ I managed to make my Firefox interface look even better that it was before. The Mozilla team has some strange ideas but I'm glad the addon developers are always there to save us.

DeSo

Banned
What the hell. I want my combined large stop button/refresh button back on the left but I can't move it.

Guri

What issues and limitations? I view HD videos from YouTube all the time.

According to the description, it doesn't work with embedded videos (instead, it puts a link to a YouTube page) and this part seems a bit confusing:

"For high definitions YouTube uses DASH/MPD which is not supported by video plug-ins or HTML5 video player."

Does it mean they don't support videos that use DASH or simply not support the system, but plays the video either way?

According to the description, it doesn't work with embedded videos (instead, it puts a link to a YouTube page)

Ah, okay. I never thought about that since I usually just click the video's title and watch it on YouTube.

and this part seems a bit confusing:

"For high definitions YouTube uses DASH/MPD which is not supported by video plug-ins or HTML5 video player."

Does it mean they don't support videos that use DASH or simply not support the system, but plays the video either way?

It still plays the video without DASH.

Windam

Scaley member
Oh god I just updated. Can I have that menu button at the top left back, please? I'm too used to it. This looks too much like Chrome for my liking. D:

Edit: Just installed Classic Theme Restorer. Awesome. :D

MattDoza

What the hell. I want my combined large stop button/refresh button back on the left but I can't move it.
This is exactly how I was set up too. Refresh in the address bar and on the far right is jarring at times. F5 it is, I guess. Unless anyone knows of an extension

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
After reading a lot about it, I'll keep with Cyberfox, which won't change to Australis.
I wish they would give us the option. I don't mind Australis. I just wish there were as slim version of it.

This is exactly how I was set up too. Refresh in the address bar and on the far right is jarring at times. F5 it is, I guess. Unless anyone knows of an extension
Stop/Refresh in the address bar is the best thing to ever happen to the address bar. I can't stand that Chrome/Opera do it the old way.

I just updated to Firefox 29. I want to like the new theme, but I don't like how invisible it is. The tab groups button is literally hidden now. Inactive tabs just blend right in with the title bar and is hard to see dark on dark. I don't want the classic theme, but is there a way to add the hover color to the tabs so they're more prominent at all times? I've seen some themes do it, but I only want to update the default.

I just updated to Firefox 29. I want to like the new theme, but I don't like how invisible it is. The tab groups button is literally hidden now. Inactive tabs just blend right in with the title bar and is hard to see dark on dark. I don't want the classic theme, but is there a way to add the hover color to the tabs so they're more prominent at all times? I've seen some themes do it, but I only want to update the default.

Classic Theme Restorer can also do that.

Madtown_

I don't mind the new layout (I also am barely affected by it since I used tree style tabs), but the one thing that annoys me is removing the customizable refresh button.

I used to have it on the left next to the downloads, home, back and forward buttons, but now it's tiny, unconfigurable and placed in the awesome bar. I know the shortcut and use it but sometimes my mouse is up there and it's just annoying.

sca2511

Just updated, my main issue is just how chunky the bar is.

DZqUraq.png

It's like 35% larger, vertical space is precious. Could do with a 'Small Icon' mode or something, can't find it atm, unless I use an extension.

Yep that was my issue with the new UI and as far as I know, you can't make the icons smaller. Had to use Classic Theme Restorer

neoanarch

Yep that was my issue with the new UI and as far as I know, you can't make the icons smaller. Had to use Classic Theme Restorer

The icons are the same size as the small icons in the old theme. The problem is there is too much padding on the toolbars. Someone please make an addon to get rid of that space as well as the extra space when the window isn't maximized.

Top Bottom