• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
pmXDoJp.jpg

Looks like they replaced the previous “dwarfs” with CGI dwarfs after all the backlash. I thought part of the reason people were mad was because of the lack of representation of actors with dwarfism, though? I don’t get modern Disney at all.
This looks much better. I dont mind cg dwarves. its stupid because you can finally cast dwarves for these iconic roles those poor bastards have been waiting their entire lives for, but whatever, but i dont mind the cg as long as it looks good and it does here.

Now lets CG the snow white actress as well.

jason10mm

Gold Member
This looks much better. I dont mind cg dwarves. its stupid because you can finally cast dwarves for these iconic roles those poor bastards have been waiting their entire lives for, but whatever, but i dont mind the cg as long as it looks good and it does here.

Now lets CG the snow white actress as well.
But assuming these CG dwarves will have extensive screen time, is the cost of quality CG worth it? Should a LA Snow White clock in at 200 MILLION? That number used to be reserved for only the most bombastic blockbusters with massive stars attached, now they are dropping it on a tepid flick with no stars and virtually no buzz? Duuuuuumb.

And if they go cheap with the CG or rush it, it will look terrible. Just shoulda done forced perspective if they wanted to avoid real dwarves.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The original 1937 animated movie is perfect. There was no point in remaking it and certainly not in this way. The trailer shows a movie that has no style of its own, its just lots and lots of lots of CGI plastered on the screen. Every dial is pushed to 11. Horrible.

Best comment on Youtube so far: "This looks like Snow White by ChatGPT"

And that's exactly how it looks, like it was made by AI instead of humans.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The original 1937 animated movie is perfect. There was no point in remaking it and certainly not in this way. The trailer shows a movie that has no style of its own, its just lots and lots of lots of CGI plastered on the screen. Every dial is pushed to 11. Horrible.

Best comment on Youtube so far: "This looks like Snow White by ChatGPT"

And that's exactly how it looks, like it was made by AI instead of humans.
Maybe was. Remeber that this remake got remade in the past months due to the biggest backlash ever?

Does this can save the movie?! I doubt it, but their job was to fix much as possible, and there you go

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Why does it look so painfully fucking ugly? The colours, the CG, the complete lack of focal depth. the cinematography is fucking terrible.
The lack of focal depth could be intended to imitate the look of older animated movies that didn't emulate depth well? That might be reaching. Like you said, it just looks ugly. It's a generic uncinematic look I keep seeing everywhere, lacking any personality or distinct visual identity. I was looking forward to Wicked until I saw it had that same bland look.

lmimmfn

This movie is brilliant.....just to confirm that Disney is one of, if not the worst woke studio ever.

More of these movies please Disney, help yourself put you out of your misery.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Culture war

I just watched the trailer and it looks OK. Since the movie is coming out in March 2025, they still have enough time to work on the CGI. So far it's looking good in the visual department. Looks like they actually took the advice from detractors and made the dwarfs more in line with the OG Cartoon Movie

I'm skipping due to the movie not being my thing and not liking both actress. Not because of the culture war stuff that both sides like to partake in. Not everything is because of culture war, for me it's just not my thing..

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I doubt she will. She comes across as entitled.

Unless Disney really learned their lesson like some other movie studios are doing. Other movie studios force actors/actress to not talk about certain agendas when they are out promoting the film. Reason why Barbie did so great at the box office is because they made sure to hide that stuff when they were marketing it. I remember watching a video of the cast promoting the film and they were about to go into the usual stuff until a studio head stopped them mid sentence and told them they can't talk about that. The reaction on the cast faces were like whoopsies. I might be wrong about the sequel that coming but I wouldn't be surprised if that made less money. But this is going off topic. As for Snow White, I'm taking a wait and see when it comes to seeing how it does at the box office.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The lack of focal depth could be intended to imitate the look of older animated movies that didn't emulate depth well?
I know you did not mean to dunk on it, but if it was that in the mind of the new makers it is a bit insulting to those movies which were technical marvel (including their mechanism for rendering deep and layered vistas with their multiplane camera):

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Green dwarf has a resemblance to the Mad Magazine guy.
These look like Disney threw an army of junior modellers and animators with a few seniors and ordered to redo those darn dwarves to please those freaking crowds that are modern crowds but do not know what they should want as modern crowds… 😂. This is horrible.

MayauMiao

I think it looks okay. Its either this or the horrible 7 diversity hires.

Honestly I think parents will take their kids to see it.

Now if only Zegler can continue to keep her trap shut.

Last edited:

WoJ

Eh, it looks better than it has any right to bases on where things were when those first images leaked.

Honestly, the biggest problem it has is that Gal Gadot is far hotter than Rachel Zegler.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Looks alright. I was never gonna watch it anyway unless my daughter wants to but she doesn't give a shit about anything Disney.

Top Bottom