• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Disney remake of Snow White and the Seven "Dwarves"

Eiknarf

Banned
Third most hated person? What does that ranking look like?

I doubt most people know who she is. The vast majority of people don't care about that shit.
According to most stories published about the most hated celebrities, it’s always
Gwyneth Paltrow
Meghan Markle
and lately Rachel Zegler

Eiknarf

Banned
Hyperbole! She's not even that famous! You're part of a small corner of the Internet who feels that way about her.
Guess who’s wrong?

Congrats! ITS YOU

Because first of all, it’s not me “who is part of a small corner of the internet who feels that way”. That’s YOU assuming that’s how I feel!!

All I did was post a question based on the ffffffuckin numerous “most hated celeb lists” out there since the dawn of the internet!!!!!’

And secondly, just because she’s not a household name today, she will be. Anyone in a Disney movie lead is. She’s about to be play a somewhat popular Disney character named SNOW WHITE!!! Ever heard of Snow White?

So considering she’s not THAT known (according to you), she’s already wildly disliked

Just imagine how disliked she’ll be when she is a household name next year at this time

Prove me wrong and I buy you the PS5 game of your choice

DKehoe

According to most stories published about the most hated celebrities, it’s always
Gwyneth Paltrow
Meghan Markle
and lately Rachel Zegler
Do you really think those would be the three most hated people in America? I don't want to veer this into politics, but surely Biden, Trump and perhaps Putin would be top three in some order.

Even if we're going to change it from "people" to "celebrities" and discount political figures, I just googled "most hated celebrities" and looked at the first five sites that came up (one, two, three, four and five) and never mind top three, she doesn't even feature in any of their lists.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Gwyneth Paltrow
Meghan Markle
and lately Rachel Zegler
Firstly, you're basing this off SEO clickbait ad farming garbage? OK.

Secondly, she's literally not even on this list (first in search results):

Or this one (second in search results):

Or this one (third in search results):

Those are the top three "most hated celebrities" stories in search results, and she's not listed in any of them.

So I proved you wrong. I'd like a copy of the Moder Warfare III Vault Edition. Thanks.

Kilau

There is only one Snow White to me.

54fb1f5e5b05fd82d5805d464b955d16.png

Eiknarf

Banned
Do you really think those would be the three most hated people in America? I don't want to veer this into politics, but surely Biden, Trump and perhaps Putin would be top three in some order.

Even if we're going to change it from "people" to "celebrities" and discount political figures, I just googled "most hated celebrities" and looked at the first five sites that came up (one, two, three, four and five) and never mind top three, she doesn't even feature in any of their lists.
Celebrities

Not politicians

Biden and Trump don’t count

Eiknarf

Banned
Firstly, you're basing this off SEO clickbait ad farming garbage? OK.

Secondly, she's literally not even on this list (first in search results):

Or this one (second in search results):

Or this one (third in search results):

Those are the top three "most hated celebrities" stories in search results, and she's not listed in any of them.

So I proved you wrong. I'd like a copy of the Moder Warfare III Vault Edition. Thanks.
Your burden of proof is not on finding the top three most hated celebrities. It’s on proving me wrong that Rachel Zegler isn’t as hated as Gweneth and Meghan.

It’s proportionate

Just think how hated she is by those who know her. She’s not yet as famous as those two, but the same percentage of people who hate Gweneth and Meghan hate Rachel.

I am indifferent to all three. But I’m not blind… and Im not deaf: She is hated equally

ManaByte

Gold Member
Your burden of proof is not on finding the top three most hated celebrities. It’s on proving me wrong that Rachel Zegler isn’t as hated as Gweneth and Meghan.

It’s proportionate

Just think how hated she is by those who know her. She’s not yet as famous as those two, but the same percentage of people who hate Gweneth and Meghan hate Rachel.

I am indifferent to all three. But I’m not blind… and Im not deaf: She is hated equally
You said:
Gwyneth Paltrow
Meghan Markle
and lately Rachel Zegler

And she's literally not in ANY of the stories that come up within the first 5 search results.

Trilobit

Imagine the few actors who have dwarfism craving for acting jobs and then finally Disney announces a live-action Snow White movie with SEVEN dwarf roles! And then Dinklage goes and nixes it. And now we get CGI dwarfs. Lol, I'd be quite bummed.

Eiknarf

Banned
Again, the Dwarves were always CG. That filming photo wasn't from this, even the Snow White costume is different. But go on believing bullshit.
That photo on that TMZ story is apparently real. Meaning that THAT photo is an original photo of Rachel Zegler with the original cast of “seven mystical diverse creatures”. But they CGI’d over the actors with these huge dwarfs.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That photo on that TMZ story is apparently real. Meaning that THAT photo is an original photo of Rachel Zegler with the original cast of “seven mystical diverse creatures”. But they CGI’d over the actors with these huge dwarfs.

Huge dwarfs?

Watch you don't catch a perm for fat phobia.

Wait, this is GAF.

ALL MY MORONS ARE OXY.

RAÏSanÏa

NQC7m43.jpg

49c4p4H.jpg

Looks similar to me. Besdies not being a cartoon.
It's nearly identical. Missing some bows.

It's not like an adaptation needing basic education, familiarity, attention and effort to perceive underneath foreign qualities in something like Blancanieves(2012).

As a 70s kid it wasn't a story I was into, but read occasionally for variety until I learned enough to read and acquire better books. Saw it on tv every odd month.

Looking at the story as simplified competition between feminine rivals, from mother & daughter to strangers doesn't take much effort. I wasn't that curious about the new movie until reading Gerwig was involved after watching Barbie - that movie being a good syncretic work. Once Upon a Time reads like it brought more of the pieces of the Judgment of Paris and the myths of Motherhood, Wisdom and Beauty with the apple(of discord) and prince) with Snow White. Glorious Chaos! Adding more Disney characters there created a need to expand and reorganize stories giving some testing on old stomping ground. But they likely won't want to stray too far with this one. Maybe provide Snow with some new powers or situations to use established traits.

Even the old Disney movie in full always seemed truncated, simplified, to me as a kid. Of course it's only one opinion that it'd be cool if some different elements were brought into Snow White to fill and expand the story. Maybe the next film. That's another thing too, there will be a next film that can change back or whatever as they're remade.

As pure as snow is profoundly needed metaphorically to tell the underlying story as shown in other adaptations, but, while optional, can be shown as a physical quality and should eventually be given another adaptation.

hmm...It'd be interesting if fair through wordplay become equated with justice and ancient Egyptian Ma'at in representing virtuous qualities for young women.

Dural

They could at least agree to the ai and actor likeness stuff. The studios need a reckoning over their creative bookkeeping and all of corporate America needs a kick in the dick over executive pay.

How about they just pay the top actors less? I find it funny how people can bitch about an executives pay, the people that are running the damn company, but think an actor deserves $20 million for a few months work. Make SAG like most other unions, everyone is paid exactly the same once fully vested. No more $20 million paychecks for 1 or 2 people while everyone else makes dick.

Kilau

How about they just pay the top actors less? I find it funny how people can bitch about an executives pay, the people that are running the damn company, but think an actor deserves $20 million for a few months work. Make SAG like most other unions, everyone is paid exactly the same once fully vested. No more $20 million paychecks for 1 or 2 people while everyone else makes dick.
That isn’t an argument I made so don’t make ignorant assumptions.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Tom Cruise made $100M off Top Gun.

I've yet to see one Hollywood person say he is overpaid and should spread out some of his gains with everyone else. People dont like Bob Iger's $25M annual compensation (mostly tied up in Disney stock), but at least runs an entire company.

Hollywood unions are a total farce. In other industries, if you must join a union in order to get hired, people stick t the rules of pay tier and seniority etc...

Yet in Hollywood, they want to have their cake and at it too. Normal workers stick to the game plan, but anyone who can command one molecule more power to do their own side deal contracts can do whatever they want. So much for union rules everyone is supposed to stick to.

Just to show how the elites dont give a shit despite being members, during the strike the organizers asked Tom Cruise to join in the march. He told them forget it. The guy made $100M and doesn't even want to support his own members as an A-list actor. Yet, none of the average joes even call this out. Their own members hoarding the money. Weird people.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
All of these hail mary changes and touch ups are hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It still wont stop this from being another giant mouse turd. Postponed by a year just kill it already. Straight to streaming at the very least.

Toons

It's nearly identical. Missing some bows.

It's not like an adaptation needing basic education, familiarity, attention and effort to perceive underneath foreign qualities in something like Blancanieves(2012).

As a 70s kid it wasn't a story I was into, but read occasionally for variety until I learned enough to read and acquire better books. Saw it on tv every odd month.

Looking at the story as simplified competition between feminine rivals, from mother & daughter to strangers doesn't take much effort. I wasn't that curious about the new movie until reading Gerwig was involved after watching Barbie - that movie being a good syncretic work. Once Upon a Time reads like it brought more of the pieces of the Judgment of Paris and the myths of Motherhood, Wisdom and Beauty with the apple(of discord) and prince) with Snow White. Glorious Chaos! Adding more Disney characters there created a need to expand and reorganize stories giving some testing on old stomping ground. But they likely won't want to stray too far with this one. Maybe provide Snow with some new powers or situations to use established traits.

Even the old Disney movie in full always seemed truncated, simplified, to me as a kid. Of course it's only one opinion that it'd be cool if some different elements were brought into Snow White to fill and expand the story. Maybe the next film. That's another thing too, there will be a next film that can change back or whatever as they're remade.

As pure as snow is profoundly needed metaphorically to tell the underlying story as shown in other adaptations, but, while optional, can be shown as a physical quality and should eventually be given another adaptation.

hmm...It'd be interesting if fair through wordplay become equated with justice and ancient Egyptian Ma'at in representing virtuous qualities for young women.
I have no idea what they plan to do and honestly I'm not sure I'm interested. But I've liked a few of the remakes I quite enjoyed little mermaid for what it was. So we'll see if I check this one out. Never saw pinochio or lady and the tramp but jungle book remains the best one

bitbydeath

Tom Cruise made $100M off Top Gun.

I've yet to see one Hollywood person say he is overpaid and should spread out some of his gains with everyone else. People dont like Bob Iger's $25M annual compensation (mostly tied up in Disney stock), but at least runs an entire company.

Hollywood unions are a total farce. In other industries, if you must join a union in order to get hired, people stick t the rules of pay tier and seniority etc...

Yet in Hollywood, they want to have their cake and at it too. Normal workers stick to the game plan, but anyone who can command one molecule more power to do their own side deal contracts can do whatever they want. So much for union rules everyone is supposed to stick to.

Just to show how the elites dont give a shit despite being members, during the strike the organizers asked Tom Cruise to join in the march. He told them forget it. The guy made $100M and doesn't even want to support his own members as an A-list actor. Yet, none of the average joes even call this out. Their own members hoarding the money. Weird people.
Maverick would have been a better flick if he stepped aside and we had Glen Powell as the lead, Glen is such an underrated actor IMO.

RAÏSanÏa

I have no idea what they plan to do and honestly I'm not sure I'm interested. But I've liked a few of the remakes I quite enjoyed little mermaid for what it was. So we'll see if I check this one out. Never saw pinochio or lady and the tramp but jungle book remains the best one
I liked glowy things as a kid, still do, and there was a lot of glowy things in Little Mermaid. It was a better effort than expected after Pinocchio. It'll have legs. Haven't seen Lady and The Tramp and noped out of Aladdin about 20 minutes in. For 'original' Disney Strange World had glowy things and was good for a rework of the Tempest elements. Jungle Book was really good.

Cruella and Maleficent has got me thinking about the range of possible changes to the evil Queen, as portrayed by an actress like Gal Gadot, to counterpoint Snow White.

Will she ask, “who’s the fairest of them all?”

Is Rachel Zegler fairer than Gal Gadot?
Is Rachel Zegler more beautiful than Gal Gadot?

Is there anything about Rachel that’s better than Gal?
Given their resumes, as parallels the characters, singing.

Although the singing as a quality in the movie can represent the bud of any nascent trait that exceeds an established one and replaces dogma.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Tom Cruise isn't just an actor though. He is heavily involved in the production, so he is doing orders of magnitude more work on a project than someone who just shows up the day of a shoot and reads a few lines. Ain't no one wanna be on his bad side.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Will she ask, “who’s the fairest of them all?”

Is Rachel Zegler fairer than Gal Gadot?
Is Rachel Zegler more beautiful than Gal Gadot?

Is there anything about Rachel that’s better than Gal?

Fair doesn't mean beautiful...

Or at least it didn't have to mean that. It can mean her personality is fairer... Her heart is fairer ... Doesn't necessarily mean beautiful.

DanteFox

Eiknarf

Banned
Literally looking in a mirror when saying the famous phrase. Talk about being disingenuous, ugh...
Plus, the word “fair” used to mean having pale skin. Still does. Pale means “light”

“who is the fairest of them all?”

Who has the lightest skin of them all?

Gal or Rachel

Who is the most beautiful of them all?

Gal or Rachel

Last edited:
Top Bottom