• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

Patriots7

Spider-Man 2 is the GOAT.

I liked Raimi's trilogy but loved Garfield as Spider-Man. As much as people bitch about the movies, we at least had hope of seeing an adult Spider-Man and those stories.

But who knows, maybe I won't regret seeing this one. But giving that it's tracking about the same as TASM, maybe it's a good thing Sony kept the budget down.

Slayven

NIGGA I KNOW

giphy.gif

I liked Raimi's trilogy but loved Garfield as Spider-Man. As much as people bitch about the movies, we at least had hope of seeing an adult Spider-Man and those stories.

But who knows, maybe I won't regret seeing this one. But giving that it's tracking about the same as TASM, maybe it's a good thing Sony kept the budget down.

Tom Holland will be playing Spidey for years and years. Eventually he'll be adult Peter. Wait a decade.

LionPride

Banned
These spoilers got me hyped as fuck

pJ9zk_s-200x150.gif

Man we ain't seen Peter Parker in high school for longer than 5 minutes

Surfinn

Damn, I've been bored of super hero films for years but love Spidey.

I am so seeing this. Reviews have me pumped.

Any word on when RT reviews drop?

vaderise

Well , all these spoilers about some surprising roles were confirmed a couple days ago from an official casting sheet from Sony.

Some minor spoilers ahead.
I'm very dissapointed that there aren't references to Osborns and Bugle. Those are very crucial to Spider-Man mytho. I guess we can blame TAS movies for the lack of Osborn family.

LionPride

Banned
Where on Reddit are the spoilers?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStud...y_who_saw_homecoming_here_alright_heres_your/
Well , all these spoilers about some surprising roles were confirmed a couple days ago from an official casting sheet from Sony.

Some minor spoilers ahead.
I'm very dissapointed that there aren't references to Osborns and Bugle. Those are very crucial to Spider-Man mytho. I guess we can blame TAS movies for the lack of Osborn family.
With Avengers Tower being sold...Oscorp perhaps?

Also I don't care about a reference to the Bugle until movie two or Infinity War anyway it doesn't matter

Special credit to George Oscar Bluth II for helping me clean up the OP. Also I added an extra bit for you yucksters that keep trying to take down Spider-Man 2... you MONSTERS.

Gotta say...

Was never over the moon about the Ganke/Ned situation but the idea that Miles exists in this universe and they've given one of his few unique dynamics to Peter rubs me the wrong way even more.

Prompto

Banned
Gotta say...

Was never over the moon about the Ganke/Ned situation but the idea that Miles exists in this universe and they've given one of his few unique dynamics to Peter rubs me the wrong way even more.
Maybe they'll make Harry Osborn be Mile's best friend in return?

Not reading the spoilers but LOL at folks all like "Uggg the trailers gave away everything!"

Those people were idiots before Homecoming was ever thought of, they'll be idiots with the movie trailers still to come.

(Don't care how well regarded Spidey/2 were by critics almost two decades ago. They were a poor portrayal of Spidey then and they are now).

I did wish that an early fan theory based on the trailers was true regarding the suit:
I liked the idea of Peter abandoning Stark's gizmo suit and making his own without the AI (but not that cheap homemade one) as a permanent suit.
But the spoilers mention Peter being offered an Iron-Spider suit. Eh, we'll see how it looks. But I'd prefer Peter making his own with resources provided by Stark if anything.

Anung

Un Rama
I was kinda so-so on even seeing this film but after reading some of those spoilers I'm so on board right now.

Top Bottom