• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

Spinluck

Gonna be funny when no one here guesses the plot that was apparently spoiled since the first trailer.

Reading through that GAF thread should be great after seeing the movie. This fucking spoiler bullshit lol.

kewlmyc

3rd best Spiderman movies sounds like realistic praise for this movie. I can believe it. Was going to watch regardless, but at least I'm kinda looking forward to it now.

The Kree

Banned
Reading the plot summary, this movie borrows HEAVILY from Ultimate Spidey. I think I'm gonna dig the new big screen direction a lot. The trailers seem to be fairly misleading, too.

Why is everyone latching on to the reactions that say it's the 3rd/2nd best Spider-Man movie, as opposed to the ones that say it's the best Spider-Man movie lol?

liquidtmd

Banned
Why is everyone latching on to the reactions that say it's the 3rd/2nd best Spider-Man movie, as opposed to the ones that say it's the best Spider-Man movie lol?

Bm_R4ExCIAAxzxb.jpg

I sure as fuck hope it's better than the first one, let alone the last 3. I actually really enjoyed 2, so on par with that would be just fine.

I mean, were you a fan of Spiderman 3 and the Andrew Garfield films?

Not saying the general response has been predominantly positive, but taking solace in that specific bit of praise strikes me as a strange source of comfort.

Spider-Man 3 is a highly highly fascinating mess.

I'm being optimistic, but not too optimistic. But I also love the first two Raimi films so much, homecoming will have to be incredible to match the,.

Yeah Spider-Man 2 is my fav, but if some people are saying the new one is about as good, and others are saying it's better, that's enough for me to get excited.

All the reactions so far seem to be positive.

Can't that be enough lol?

Like, if you ask five people to rank superhero movies, they'll all come up with different lists.

Yeah Spider-Man 2 is my fav, but if some people are saying the new one is about as good, and others are saying it's better, that's enough for me to get excited.

Like, if you ask five people to rank superhero movies, they'll all come up with different lists.
Yeah if that quote had been at the bottom of the list, people wouldn't have latched on to that one as much either. Human nature, man.

I mean I'm dying for it, I'm very optimistic about it. Just keeping my expectations somewhat in check.

7Th

Reading the plot summary, this movie borrows HEAVILY from Ultimate Spidey. I think I'm gonna dig the new big screen direction a lot. The trailers seem to be fairly misleading, too.

Well, yeah. One of the critics even name-dropped Bendis.

SomTervo

These early impressions are always WAY too positive. Will be interesting to see how reactions are on the day.

Edit: a lot more impressions than usual though, which is a good sign. And more than just tweets too

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think Moviebob said it a while back but he was pretty on the nose saying that the biggest obstacle for Homecoming is Marvel trying to sell people on something they know off-the-bat isn't going to be the best Spider-Man movie.

SomTervo

I altered my post a bunch to be hedged because it was a bit sweeping.

Every thread of early impressions I've ever entered has had overly positive impressions that left everyone deflated when the movie hit. Obviously anecdotal and:

1. it's probably just what the OPs chose to put in the thread rather than the actual landscape of feedback, 2. I think I've only ever seen tweets featured and they're hardly detailed feedback.

Spinluck

I think Moviebob said it a while back but he was pretty on the nose saying that the biggest obstacle for Homecoming is Marvel trying to sell people on something they know off-the-bat isn't going to be the best Spider-Man movie.

That is a monumentally stupid thing to say.

Super happy about the positive feedback.

Have been looking forward to this and haven't understood the negativity on GAF.

From the start Iron Man has always seemed like a big cameo to cement this as part of the MCU where have of GAF seemed to be seriously calling the movie Iron Man 4.

Gonna be funny when no one here guesses the plot that was apparently spoiled since the first trailer.

Reading through that GAF thread should be great after seeing the movie. This fucking spoiler bullshit lol.
The only thing that annoyed me in those trailers was how the ship scene is showed off in the 1st trailer then in the 2nd seemed to be resolved just so they could have the subsequent conversation that explains one of the plot points about the suit.

This is a Spider-Man trailer, show off some web slinging and a bit of the villain and I'll be there, no need to convince me further.

Slayven

So it wasn't obvious to most of the internet?

Also
Glover is Prowler accorsing to these and confirms that Miles does exist

I shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted that

Now i am screaming

SpaceWolf

Banned
Kept away from all spoilers pertaining to the film, but Zendaya better pull off some variation of this scene before the titular homecoming dance:

Probably literally the only classic Spidey comic book moment I've wanted to see adapted for the screen.

Not that Zendaya is officially confirmed to be playing some variation of MJ yet, but I can feel it in my bones.

EDIT: Anyone who might know, please don't confirm or deny any of this for me.

LionPride

Banned
I shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted thatI shouldn't highlighted that

Now i am screaming
NIGGA I KNOW

Top Bottom