• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for Tim Burton's "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV_IhWE4LP0

From visionary director Tim Burton, and based upon the best-selling novel, comes an unforgettable motion picture experience. When Jake discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.

Eva Green and Samuel L Jackson, not a Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter in sight.

glaurung

Oh noes, Eva Green has replace Helena Bonham Carter! How's Helena supposed to pay her rent this month?

I kid, I kid.

Looks somehow better than average Burton tripe these last years. Definitely better than the new Alice movie.

Looks okay. As much of a Burton film as it sounds like it looks like he's slightly stepping outside his comfort zone. Strange as that sounds.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Burton would be good again if he allowed the quirkiness to be a little more nuanced and not MOUTH IN BACK OF HEAD, PROJECTOR EYE Burton.

Protome

I'm about half way through this book so far and it's pretty good. A good concept and story, some fantastic photographs but the writing itself is pretty weak. I think it'd work well as a film.

Burton would be good again if he allowed the quirkiness to be a little more nuanced and not MOUTH IN BACK OF HEAD, PROJECTOR EYE Burton.

Characters directly from the book.
Based on real people...kinda...

Protome

Ahhhh, they feel very Burton'y

I actually feel that way when reading it to be fair.

peregrines2.jpg

Strax

Looks good

A little of topic but this kind of reminded me of a story I read that had a tree that grew grenades, what book was that?

berzeli

Banned
I'm definitely in.

I quite like Burton as a filmmaker and think that the hatred expressed by others is more often than not undeserved. He has had a knack for picking some bad screenplays lately, but this is Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, X-Men First Class, Kingsman) so hopefully not a let-down in that area. Visually it (unsurprisingly) looks great.

Mr. Hyde

Kind of weird that he decided to switch powers for some of the characters, but I am excited to see it! Hopefully it can stand on its own. I don't mind altercations from a book to film as long as the quality is on par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom