• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
hey guys bought some of this at the gym today because it was on sale

413iEZ6QY0L._SY355_.jpg

I thought eating a few egg whites a day would be enough protein but not even close, so I'm going to try protein shakes and look at results.

question is, when do i take this stuff? do i need to get 150g of protein every day, or just days i work out on?

Update on this: It's disgusting.

entremet

I just drank a combination of hot water, metamucil, creatine monohydrate, and coconut oil mixed together, as a chaser for a big swig of fish oil I had just downed. Then a drank half of an RTD that was expired by several months and had lumpy shit in it.

Hope I don't die.

Enjoy your next poop session lol.

are there any other good lifting/fitness podcasts? I listened to muscle college radio per the recommendation of some users in this thread and quite enjoyed it. Some other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mully

Thanks for the support guys. I really focused on form and breathing today. It made a huge difference. Today was actually also the first day I noticed the change in size from my back. Its getting pretty big.

Cagey

Banned
Celebratory dinner last night, tried to grab some legit smoked BBQ (burnt ends). Figured an all protein and fat meat would fit nicely into my low-carb diet plan. Sold out of all the meats.

Wound up with a celebratory half-duck (with some peppers and onions) dinner at a Thai place (rock bottom prices... like $12 for the plate).

So goooood.

CrankyJay

Banned
Celebratory dinner last night, tried to grab some legit smoked BBQ (burnt ends). Figured an all protein and fat meat would fit nicely into my low-carb diet plan. Sold out of all the meats.

Wound up with a celebratory half-duck (with some peppers and onions) dinner at a Thai place (rock bottom prices... like $12 for the plate).

So goooood.

both of those sound awesome. can't wait until the weather breaks here in Buffalo so I can fire up my smoker...

razielim

are there any other good lifting/fitness podcasts? I listened to muscle college radio per the recommendation of some users in this thread and quite enjoyed it. Some other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I listen to Iron Radio. No idea how it rates with others as I've had problems finding lifting podcasts that I enjoy. Got excited about the one Alien linked until I saw they've only done 6 over the last year, unless Downcast isn't showing their episodes properly. I'd like to find more that have to deal with power lifting.

andycapps

both of those sound awesome. can't wait until the weather breaks here in Buffalo so I can fire up my smoker...

I just ordered my new smoker half an hour ago. So it'll be here Monday or Tuesday, then I'll season it once or twice with a dry run, then by next Saturday I'll do a cook. Words cannot express how excited I am.

CrankyJay

Banned
I just ordered my new smoker half an hour ago. So it'll be here Monday or Tuesday, then I'll season it once or twice with a dry run, then by next Saturday I'll do a cook. Words cannot express how excited I am.

Meh, I didn't even bother seasoning mine. I just did a few chickens so the fats/oils in the skin would go throughout the smoker.

The smoker obviously gets better after eat use as the smoke/fats cause a seal to form on the seams.

andycapps

Meh, I didn't even bother seasoning mine. I just did a few chickens so the fats/oils in the skin would go throughout the smoker.

The smoker obviously gets better after eat use as the smoke/fats cause a seal to form on the seams.

That's a good point. Maybe I could just smoke a couple whole chickens in it. I'd been thinking about doing that first anyway.

f0nz0

Scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein + Starbucks via instant coffee packet + 4oz skim milk+ 4oz h2o = my new Pre workout, I'm done buying pwo powders.. Tastes just like an iced mocha, so good.

Scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein + Starbucks via instant coffee packet + 4oz skim milk+ 4oz h2o = my new Pre workout, I'm done buying pwo powders.. Tastes just like an iced mocha, so good.

i will try this with my keurig and coconut milk and protein powder

blackflag

Feels bad to not be able to squat or DL right now.

Especially no deadlifting. It makes my back day feel just about pointless. Nothing compares to it for building and stringthening spinal erectors. Seems like everything I can do now targets lats plus I can do back extensions.

I did get 205 overhead press last night though. First time I did that even though I've been at a humongous deficit for a couple weeks.

This might be a silly question, but I am pretty new to working out regularly. If I am not sore the day after, does it mean I am not hitting the weights hard enough? I got sore after the first few workouts, but not so much anymore.

This might be a silly question, but I am pretty new to working out regularly. If I am not sore the day after, does it mean I am not hitting the weights hard enough? I got sore after the first few workouts, but not so much anymore.

Nope. Soreness is not an indicator of progress. It is very common to feel little to no soreness for very long periods of time yet still get better. Improved performance is the only metric that indicates progress. Weights/reps/times/whatever is relevant to you improving still?

abuC

I really need to get some shin guards or something, my shins are torn the fuck up on deadlift days, even with sweats & high socks on.

I'm putting the pussy pad on the bar when doing deadlifts because I keep banging on my kneecaps. You guys think there's any detriment to getting used to it?

Veezy

que?
I'm putting the pussy pad on the bar when doing deadlifts because I keep banging on my kneecaps. You guys think there's any detriment to getting used to it?

YES YES YES

Get knee high socks!

Or, watch your form. The bar should travel straight. If it's hella scraping your shins, adjust. Bar needs to move in a straight line up a down.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Enjoy your next poop session lol.

It was actually good. Although, IIRC it takes like 48 hours or so for food to go from hitting your stomach to becoming poop. Might be shorter though since it was all liquid food. I'm kind of worried about the expired RTD, I have like 4 of them left that I don't want to waste, but I don't want to die 1,000 deaths if there's like rancid oil in it or it started to grow AIDS or something. I'm gonna drink them anyway though I don't give a fuck about these motherfuckers out here. All these players out here stressin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom