• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Seeing the water drain in Tampa is scaring me. I have friends who are in the area, who at the last minute decided not to leave. They are freaking out.

DJXxNSuXoAA1RbW.jpg

Water has been sucked out of the Hillsborough River that feeds the Bay of Tampa

Never, ever seen this
I saw that in Mobile Bay after a hurricane.

dabig2

Huh. Didn't realize the flooding would be that bad considering it's quite far away from the eye of the storm.

Thank goodness that apocalyptic path of a strong cat 4 storm carving right up the middle of Florida didn't come to be. Miami would have been exponentially more screwed.

E-Cat

Thank goodness that apocalyptic path of a strong cat 4 storm carving right up the middle of Florida didn't come to be. Miami would have been exponentially more screwed.
On the other hand, it would have probably died down a lot quicker over land. Now it's gonna keep on ravaging the West Coast.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but T-Mobile is down in the Riverview/Brandon area. I have no way to notify people I'm ok still when power goes down. :(

nobody uses Facebook or any other online messenger?!

I don't think you're understanding the problem... How am I supposed to use the internet when my router/modem go offline and my cell service is down?

you have any text messaging apps? I heard Comcast was opening up hotspots prior to the hurricane in FL

Yes I'm using email and such right now, but when my home internet service goes down I lose that option.

Power has been out since roughly 4am where I am. Our gas powered generator is doing god's work. Constant tornado warnings. Heavy rain and wind gusts as you might imagine.

III-V

I don't think you're understanding the problem... How am I supposed to use the internet when my router/modem go offline and my cell service is down?

How could they when their power and cell phone service is out? They won't have access to WiFi or data.

I guess I don't understand. You had not mentioned their power was out. Also, people phone providers are not always their ISP, either. I would still post to FB account or w/e in case they get a chance to see it.

EDIT: Now I see you are saying IF power goes down, got it.

Sorry running on like 3 days with too much anxiety and not enough sleep.

____

My mango tree has fallen. Luckily on the gate and not on the house.

My friends house is flooding :/

Power still on though.

https://twitter.com/KevinYoungTPA/status/906906556293423104

Hillsborough River is about to run dry, interesting.

Dude this is insane. My Apartment that I just moved out of is literally near this video footage. There is a Boat ramp right off the complex where we would Kayak towards DT Tampa. I know a lot of old neighbors are hunkering down there, but the storm serge is going to be crazy. I still have a few boxes in the upstairs bedroom that we still haven't got out. I hope the old vet with the River front apartment moved his red Mustang.

I guess I don't understand. You had not mentioned their power was out. Also, people phone providers are not always their ISP, either. I would still post to FB account or w/e in case they get a chance to see it.

EDIT: Now I see you are saying IF power goes down, got it.

Sorry running on like 3 days with too much anxiety and not enough sleep.

Well according to local news it's more a question of when, not if... But no worries. :)

Wow, you sound like an asshole

It was a legitimate question, I haven't slept much in like 3 days. Not to mention a little stressed out.

They said they "have no way to notify people (they're) ok still when power goes down," so the "when" pretty much implies that power hasn't gone out yet.

They are worried what will happen when they do not have access to WiFi (because the power's gone out) and can't access their cellular data. They're looking for other options for contacting relatives/friends when they lose power because their cell phone service is out.

III-V

Dude this is insane. My Apartment that I just moved out of is literally near this video footage. There is a Boat ramp right off the complex where we would Kayak towards DT Tampa. I know a lot of old neighbors are hunkering down there, but the storm serge is going to be crazy. I still have a few boxes in the upstairs bedroom that we still haven't got out. I hope the old vet with the River front apartment moved his red Mustang.

Yea, I have a buddy exactly one block off of that road. They never called for evacuation even though he is zone B. I fear he will get flooded later when the storm surge comes.

Thanks, I am up to speed now lol

And I would just try to post now before your power goes out and let everyone know whats up with the lack of phone service, expect outages, call you l8.

Top Bottom