• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

That smile tho
59b55e03c0603_ScreenShot2017-09-10at11_44_25AM.png.d9d9658a7d41e6fd5483f45a8846013b.png

The red looks like a profile of the grinch

Parkland/Coral Springs area here - just lost power. Trees and bushes down or ripped out all over our yard. Was hoping we wouldn't lose power until after the Packers game but at least were safe.

MrJames

Is it weakening yet?

No. It is starting to turn west of due north.

SUMMARY OF 1200 PM EDT...1600 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...25.2N 81.6W
ABOUT 65 MI...105 KM SSE OF NAPLES FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...933 MB...27.55 INCHES

The Pope

No. It is starting to turn west of due north.

SUMMARY OF 1200 PM EDT...1600 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...25.2N 81.6W
ABOUT 65 MI...105 KM SSE OF NAPLES FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...933 MB...27.55 INCHES
At least the pressure has gone up slightly.

trickblu

Neo Member
What's the latest from the Keys? Looks like the eye just passed?

Haven't heard from friends or family in Key West since 8:00 a.m. Cell towers might have gone down. Lower Keys around Cudjoe and Big Pine Keys got the worst of it with storm surge around 10 feet. Marathon was flooded but not quite as bad. No idea about Key West at this point. Last official stat I heard was 2-foot surge for them. I saw some structural damage in videos that were posted before communications went dark, most places seemed to be holding up.

Haven't heard from friends or family in Key West since 8:00 a.m. Cell towers might have gone down. Lower Keys around Cudjoe and Big Pine Keys got the worst of it with storm surge around 10 feet. Marathon was flooded but not quite as bad. No idea about Key West at this point. Last official stat I heard was 2-foot surge for them. I saw some structural damage in videos that were posted before communications went dark, most places seemed to be holding up.

Thanks! Yeah they were on Marathon.

Hopefully we can get communication going..

Dark Nyte

Neo Member
TGH ended up moving some patients. Wouldn't be surprised if they moved them all and shut the place down. Not in a great spot. Hoping those that stayed there make it through OK.

We definitely won't be shutting down. We were sent critical patients from other hospitals since they were evacuating. We are actually fully staffed for both day and night shift, and currently staying within the hospital until the storm passes.

How accurate are the forecasts for wind etc during an event like this?

Just been searching random locations but I'm guessing accuracy might be low until the storm actually arrives.

Gamerman1

It's not too bad yet but if she's west of Little Road, she needs to get out of there.

Light rain there now. My parents are in the shelter on SR 52 at high school. I am down south near Little Road and Trinity blvd. Getting a heavy rain band right now. Moving through fast radar shows but its dropping some heavy stuff.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just saw people walking and running along the beach in Miami...LOL wtf

Miami looks seriously flooded right now, though - assuming this feed on Basik.co is accurate.

Ponn

Banned
Really didn't like the last update from my sister in Bonita.

Water in backyard is ankle deep
Wish we would have left, scared right now
We are going to lose everything
Pray for us

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Really didn't like the last update from my sister in Bonita.

Water in backyard is ankle deep
Wish we would have left, scared right now
We are going to lose everything
Pray for us

sbQpr6y.png

Oh jezz, that's right on the coast. Hoping your sister is safe, man.

Gamerman1

Man the rain may flood me out before Irma even gets to New Port Richey area which its supposed to go right over. Wetlands behind and to the side of my house are saturated already from multiple long days of heavy rain last week. Sucks looking out side window and seeing the water only 11 feet away.

Top Bottom