• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Lkr

What's the easiest way to upload images to post on gaf from an iPhone? Imgur website is a fucking hassle now it seems

Update: In the eye now. Crazy winds and downed trees, but very little structural damage so far. We've been exceedingly lucky so far. We won't know the extent of the damage until tomorrow when we get out on the roads. Now we wait for the surge after this calm.

IMG_20170910_153342.jpg

Lkr

DJYwRPXWsAAtb4l

My door is 20 feet away and my porch provides a 1ft tall barrier. It's early still in east Orlando, supposed to get really bad here tonight. Fortunately we have a bit of a break right now

So now it's turned slightly right and will be going through land more? Which means itll be weaker once it goes through st pete and tampa hopefully.

Gamerman1

DJYwRPXWsAAtb4l

My door is 20 feet away and my porch provides a 1ft tall barrier. It's early still in east Orlando, supposed to get really bad here tonight. Fortunately we have a bit of a break right now

That how the wetlands is next my house but I am 13 feet away with much more of a slope down. Neighbors said it has never come up to house since it was built in 93. Doesn't mean it wont lol. Good luck.

So is it as bad as people feared?
It's only just now landing in West Florida so you'll have to wait and hear what happens there. Those of us in Miami/Broward got very, very lucky though. At one point it was predicted to be a cat 5 and tear right though us.

I lost power at 9 this morning and my parking lot is starting to flood right now fwiw

From Kendall Miami, still got power and everything seems settled down

Don't hear much wind now

Near Marlins Ballpark here and things have died way down as well. Gust every now and then but seems like the worst has passed and we made it through with power and internet in tact. Lucked out big time. Might only need to replace a couple of shingles and repair part of a wood fence if that.

III-V

DJYwRPXWsAAtb4l

That Florida scrub. So much of the state looks exactly like right out of your backdoor.

Lkr

That Florida scrub. So much of the state looks exactly like right out of your backdoor.
Yep lol. My landlord spends next to no money on the yard and idgaf because the rent is cheap.
Hope the rest of you guys make it out of this well, I expect to lose power in the next few hours. Hoping the cell phone tower stays up though

MrJames

Forward speed up to 12, pressure up to 940, winds down to 115.

The center of Hurricane Irma made landfall in Marco Island in
southwest Florida at 3:35 pm EDT as a Category 3 hurricane.
A 130 mph wind gust was recently reported by the Marco Island Police
Department.

SUMMARY OF 335 PM EDT...1935 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...25.9N 81.7W
OVER MARCO ISLAND
ABOUT 15 MI...25 KM SSE OF NAPLES
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...115 MPH...185 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...940 MB...27.76 INCHES

Top Bottom