• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Lkr

Marlins Ballpark roof is having issues.

img_20170910_16295461b1zgk.jpg

Loria's parting gift to the city

Holy shit, Naples is fucked.

Hope people have left that area, I mean apart from the idiots at CNN who decided it's better to get blasted for 7 hours.

pestul

Ed & Chris on CNN could have easily been killed 30min ago. I can't believe Ed went out into the street in the 120+mph winds with tree debris flying everywhere. There was a hilirious moment where Ed was like "Big gust. That's it. I'm bailing out!". And he proceeded to jump out of frame.. the gust was massive and scary.

Astral

Had a chance to outside here in Miami. Some fallen trees but thankfully no flooding. It was heartbreaking watching tiny birds get blown away. Now that my cat's done shitting I'm going back inside. Stay safe everyone.

B.K.

I'm amazed no one from The Weather Channel has gotten hit and killed by debris while reporting during a hurricane yet.

sojour

Had a chance to outside here in Miami. Some fallen trees but thankfully no flooding. It was heartbreaking watching tiny birds get blown away. Now that my cat's done shitting I'm going back inside. Stay safe everyone.

Woah! Your cat is trained to go outside? Stay safe!

jorgejjvr

Seems the worst has passed down now on Kendall Miami.

Just gust of wind every now and then. No flooding, and never lost power or internet.

Just been some time at home watching TV. Hoping everyone else is well.

Aikidoka

. You're looking at this as if it's a 20 foot deep raging river, but water can look like that in 1-2 feet of water.

where are you getting this from because that is just not true. I feel like you didn't read the post I was responding to saying that that video was showing an actual river, when it is actually showing a street. And I said the buzzfeed tweet is disingenuous because it implies that miami is not flooding when it is.

where are you getting this from because that is just not true. I feel like you didn't read the post I was responding to saying that that video was showing an actual river, when it is actually showing a street. And I said the buzzfeed tweet is disingenuous because it implies that miami is not flooding when it is.

Sorry, I think the person who responded to you about the BF tweet didn't look at your video because it's completely different from the one in the BF article (https://twitter.com/KillarneyKnight.../www.buzzfeed.com/janelytvynenko/irma-misinfo). They're two entirely different videos and the BF articles being specific to the one in the article.

III-V

MrJames

Down to Cat 2

5:00 PM EDT Sun Sep 10
Moving: N at 14 mph
Min pressure: 938 mb
Max sustained: 110 mph

daveo42

Banned
This is some insane shit. I wonder if any of them don't have access to cell service or any kind of news so they think it's actually over.

Ferrio

Banned
Being in the eye is actually really cool. Very errie calm, I don't blame people wanting to check it out. It should be a brief look though.

Chris R

So did this get over hyped? Already down a cat 2, people might not take the next hurricane warning seriously since this isn't still a 5 destroying shit left and right.

daveo42

Banned
I think CNN should be letting those people out in Naples that they will get hit by the other eye wall shortly and to hunker down before it gets much worse soon. Not just standing in the middle of the street.

*picks up shingle*
"That could kill you"
*continues to stand where the shingle was*

So did this get over hyped? Already down a cat 2, people might not take the next hurricane warning seriously since this isn't still a 5 destroying shit left and right.

Why do people say s*** like this?

Top Bottom