• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

If I wanted to sit around awkwardly and silently around other awkward, silent people while someone -- and we'll never figure out who -- "bathed" with wet wipes stinks up the place I'd just go work at Walmart. :p

Aw come on, I'll use extra wipes this time... :-/

not serious

lightus

Saw a few people with multiple carts of just water alone here in Gainesville. Seems a bit excessive for our area. Publix has literal pallets of 24 packs but they were going quick.

I picked up a pack. Plan to use my five gallon sports coolers for the rest and fill up the tub for backup.

Also picked up a handle of whisky to helping kill the time post-storm. That will probably negate my water supply.

Odinson

Uh.... that's a little creepy, me too.......... lol!

Whoa...Really!? That is a little creepy....lol

For Brandon people.

I talked to my counterpart that services the Publix stores around here.

Causeway will get a truck everyday this week between 5 and 6 in the morning and they should have water on all of them.

The Publix on 301 by 75 will get a truck tomorrow between 12 and 3

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Still going to swing by there today and see what they have left, and maybe Target.

Whoa...Really!? That is a little creepy....lol

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Still going to swing by there today and see what they have left, and maybe Target.

Causeway is already empty. I went at 11. No water and Gatorade and fruit juices almost gone. All of that will be on the high velocity truck in the morning before the store opens

Off to see if the Home Depot near me in South Florida has any plywood. The answer is probably no, but I gotta check anyway. I'm not looking forward to seeing the lines.

I'll be putting up my plywood Thursday morning. I would prefer tomorrow afternoon, but my dad is slammed tomorrow and won't be able to help until Thursday.

Mouse Cop

Finally just started to get comfortable in the house we bought a couple months ago. I'm down in Miami and live in front of a lake, so I'm SUPER nervous right now. I also have all the wiring for my electronics done through the walls so I'm freaking out over potential leaks and such. My house is relatively new (built in 04) so I'm hoping I shouldn't have to worry too much about the house blowing away. I am a bit worried about the roof, the lake, and my LG C7. Stay safe Florida-Gaf!

witness

If it goes south to north through the state, how quickly would we see it weaken? I can't remember how quickly Charlie did back then, I just remember not having power for 10 days in Deltona after. Worst 10 days of my life...

IrishNinja

I thought everyone hated Florida and wanted it cut off from the US by a cartoon character.

OT GAF is usually a collection of herbs who think G/A/F is hilarious with this garbage but yeah, thankfully the ones who took it up a notch in these threads are already gone

For Brandon people.

I talked to my counterpart that services the Publix stores around here.

Causeway will get a truck everyday this week between 5 and 6 in the morning and they should have water on all of them.

The Publix on 301 by 75 will get a truck tomorrow between 12 and 3

Thanks, my Mom was checking those places earlier and had no luck. I let her know to try again in the morning to get a case.

It's pretty funny reading how a lot of us gaffers live so close to each other!

sinkfla87

So to the other Pensacola people in here, how is water stock looking around here? I haven't been able to go shopping for supplies yet :(.

OT GAF is usually a collection of herbs who think G/A/F is hilarious with this garbage but yeah, thankfully the ones who took it up a notch in these threads are already gone

giphy.webp

Quiet, you..

____

Lol, so besides the fact we were already abandoning ship tomorrow evening, I just checked my apartment's location and literally MY BLOCK is the beginning of the evacuation zone in my area.

got a private plane chartered out of Boca Raton airport and we're heading to Nashville on Thursday.
shit is getting cray outside in terms of panic

I've been living in Kissimmee since May 2011. I used to live in Miami from 2002 to then. I've been through a few hurricanes, but none that were too bad. We always prepare just in case, and this time will be no different. But here's hoping Irma doesn't hit Florida at all, somehow...

I was born in Puerto Rico, and it's sad to see it's gonna get hit hard by Irma. I was on vacation in Florida the last time a hurricane hit hard there back in 1998. I got back a few days after it hit, and I remember everything being a real mess, and there being no power for a long while.

I wish hurricanes weren't a thing. :/

Wag

Can I ask you guys a favor? If things get really bad could someone in the Delray Beach area check in on my parents for me?

My dad's 89 and can't really walk and my mom's 83.

Ponn

Banned
Can I ask you guys a favor? If things get really bad could someone in the Delray Beach area check in on my parents for me?

Not in Delray Beach area but I would probably look up local numbers for police and Red Cross there. When it gets closer or if they get evacuation orders you should be able to contact one of those groups and arrange for them to be picked up and taken to a shelter.

Not in Delray Beach area but I would probably look up local numbers for police and Red Cross there. When it gets closer or if they get evacuation orders you should be able to contact one of those groups and arrange for them to be picked up and taken to a shelter.

Yeah, man..absolutely do the bolded. Unfortunately, I'm on the west side of the state..

It's not like we have enough real worries,and panic. Let's make some fake shit for the LOLs.

I'm fucking saying..😒

Got literally the last piece of plywood at Home Depot...at least I think I did. It's 3/4 inch thick and $50. There might have been thinner and cheaper ones somewhere else in the store, but I had my hand on a piece and I wasn't about to risk being picky and winding up with nothing.

Tried to get some water, and of course they're sold out.

Wag

Unless it's mandatory they're not going to leave. 😢

Alebrije

Got literally the last piece of plywood at Home Depot...at least I think I did. It's 3/4 inch thick and $50. There might have been thinner and cheaper ones somewhere else in the store, but I had my hand on a piece and I wasn't about to risk being picky and winding up with nothing.

Tried to get some water, and of course they're sold out.

Tap water + bleach is your friend.

Tap water + bleach is your friend.

To add on to this, because I don't think I mentioned it before

don't use scented bleach, or "bleach for colors!" or anything like that. Use your basic, utilitarian bleach. Trust me, you don't want that linen-scent water unless you want to be on the toilet without running water for the entirety of the storm...at best.

Top Bottom