• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Publix Fried CHICKEN IS GOAT!!!
PCUh98c.jpg

Dollar per bite is unmatched as well. True GOAT (RIP Bojangles)

Lkr

Publix Fried CHICKEN IS GOAT!!!
PCUh98c.jpg

nah you gotta get the breaded wings. best thing publix sells and its about 50 cents per wing

the only place in the orlando area doing sandbags so far is one location downtown. will we get more toward the end of the week?

nah you gotta get the breaded wings. best thing publix sells and its about 50 cents per wing

the only place in the orlando area doing sandbags so far is one location downtown. will we get more toward the end of the week?
Fuck yeah those spicy wings are the best.

mo60

The gfs model is not coupled to the oceans and i think atmosphere if i recall. irma will not make landfall as a sub 900mb hurricane north of florida if it ever threatens the SE US.

Yeah Publix wings are cheaper and better than ,say a buffalo wild wings, and you can just buy the sauce you want if you need it 👍

Publix chicken is actually some of the best I've ever had. Publix is the only thing tying me to this state at this point now that Chick fil a seems to be everywhere in the country

I'm more of a fan of the unbreaded wings. The breaded ones are just too much lmao.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I like Publix's sandwiches, especially the cuban one, but why they gotta make the pre made boars head sandwiches so dry. Put some mayo on that bitch.

I had to double check the thread title to make sure I was in the correct thread. Publix fried chicken discussion in the thread about the most powerful storm in the Atlantic. Ah, levity.

welcometoneogaf.gif

Lkr

Real talk tho, how's Publix's key lime pie?

i don't fuck with key lime pie. in terms of desserts though, that ultimate chocolate ganache cake, the cream cheese frosted cake/cupcakes, and dutch apple pie are godly. stock up on that for an enjoyable hurricane experience

Lkr

I had to double check the thread title to make sure I was in the correct thread. Publix fried chicken discussion in the thread about the most powerful storm in the Atlantic. Ah, levity.

welcometoneogaf.gif

only so much you can do when the storm is days out and you can't predict anything. you can't control mother nature and you can't find bottled water, but you can indulge on the delicious offerings provided by the publix deli.

Atlas157

welcometoneogaf.gif

I'll gladly sit my happy ass down and eat publix fried chicken during Irma. Idgaf.

Wensih

Publix Premium Ice Cream is good shit too. Last year they had a limited edition banana flavor that rivaled B&J's Chunky Monkey.... but they took it away 😥

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

welcometoneogaf.gif

One of the very few things I miss about Florida. Hated living there, but Publix is pretty great.

Kyrios

i don't fuck with key lime pie. in terms of desserts though, that ultimate chocolate ganache cake, the cream cheese frosted cake/cupcakes, and dutch apple pie are godly. stock up on that for an enjoyable hurricane experience

Lackluster. It's all condensed milk and lime juice concentrate. But if you're not getting actual key limes, it's gonna suck either way. Also, mango key lime pie ain't nothin' to write home about. Sad!

That's disappointing. Those other deserts sound good, especially that apple pie I bet.

Ponn

Banned

welcometoneogaf.gif

Publix is serious business here. Plus the wing bones come in handy as distractions for the gators when it floods.

Valhelm

contribute something
My house isn't in the flood zone but my parents are trying to book a hotel room further inland in case we need to leave.

Stay safe everybody. Please stay inside and make sure you have enough water.

IrishNinja

I remember those days, but it's also not true for every area. I can confirm, to the surprise of no one, that Coral Gables tap is a billion times better/safer/tastier/less "black" water than Liberty City. What a nightmare the day we moved in and I just grabbed a glass straight from the sink while moving into our new home..straight spit that shit out..

yeah i'd always suspected that, i even like how it tasted down in the ridge & west perrine vs here in sweetwater/doral. liberty city has to be some shit, though - that area gets none of the respect it deserves

Atlas157

Is there a map somewhere that tells me what the flood zones are? I live in southwest Kendall so I'd like to know if I'm in danger of serious flooding.

Publix is serious business here. Plus the wing bones come in handy as distractions for the gators when it floods.

Lol. That's pretty good.

But you guys are in Florida. You have access to an unlimited amount of fresh seafood that I would have to imagine is much cheaper than in inland states!

250px-Ware_County_Georgia_Incorporated_and_Unincorporated_areas_Waycross_Highlighted.svg.png

What would it take to have the grocery store I work for close it's doors? Evacuation orders? I want to get me, my fiance and children somewhere safe in Central or North Georgia.

Top Bottom