• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather to face Andre Berto on September 12th at MGM Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gonna come back for that 50 and 0..Against some scrub. Hell he can fight me! I'll lay down in 2 seconds for em for some millions.

Tekniqs

wait so we're really gonna act like Floyd was the only one clinching/holding? Berto kept falling and initiating clinches himself....

ElRenoRaven

wait so we're really gonna act like Floyd was the only one clinching/holding? Berto kept falling and initiating clinches himself....

Oh no Berto did his share too. That's all the more reason the fight sucked ass. I don't care who it is. Clinching needs to actually be penalized. This isn't MMA. This is fucking boxing.

He's going to want 50-0 to be a bigger fight than this, whether is Khan, Manny part 2, or someone else. Sure, he got paid $32 million for this, but the bigger the draw, the more money he makes.

PR_rambo

Banned
Hate him or Love him, definitely the best of his era, boxing will miss him. If he is finished

But we won't miss him fighting the likes of Andre Berto, or Robert Guerrero.

ElRenoRaven

Hate him or Love him, definitely the best of his era, boxing will miss him. If he is finished

But we won't miss him fighting the likes of Andre Berto, or Robert Guerrero.

Yup. The sad thing is that Floyd does have talent. He doesn't need to rely on the clinch. Yet he does. I think that's the most frustrating thing honestly.

abuC

Yup. The sad thing is that Floyd does have talent. He doesn't need to rely on the clinch. Yet he does. I think that's the most frustrating thing honestly.

Floyd is 38 years old, it's only frustrating if you didn't watch him fight when he was younger, when he was much more offensive minded. As he's slowed down he's become more defensive oriented.

Zok310

Banned
He's going to want 50-0 to be a bigger fight than this, whether is Khan, Manny part 2, or someone else. Sure, he got paid $32 million for this, but the bigger the draw, the more money he makes.

I see MGM giving him 50 mil to grad open their new arena next year.
He ain't walking away from that.

Tekniqs

Floyd is 38 years old, it's only frustrating if you didn't watch him fight when he was younger, when he was much more offensive minded. As he's slowed down he's become more defensive oriented.

this

Floyd at 130 to about 140ish was much more willing to throw and exchange. 147/154, he's become much more defensive oriented...can't blame him really. He's maxed out at 147 already IMO.

He's old man! People like to think of him as if he still has the same speed and reflexes as in his youth, but that's not the case. You have to adapt as you get older; Hopkins did the same thing. Fighting these young boys you have to pull out all the tricks; you want him to go toe to toe all the damn time?

-Beaten, but the point still stands lol.

TheBoringestEver.

I remember you from the manny fight
grinch-icon.png

Skeyser

Can you really blame Floyd for fighting cans though? Boxing can cause serious brain damage, he has every reasons to want to minimize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom