• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather to face Andre Berto on September 12th at MGM Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a lot of demand to see Mayweather fight Amir Khan. They have a similar fight style, which makes it more interesting. Not that I think Amir Khan would ever win, but I'd still love to see it.

Would also like to see a Manny re-match. Preferably with Mayweather not doping this time, and Manny not having a shoulder injury. Again, doubt it'd change the outcome, but at least it'd be more entertaining.

To bad mayweather hasn't been caught doping

There are a couple guys he could fight which would do two to three times the amount of PPV buys this fight will do, easily. This was just an all around stupid decision

This, basically. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his least bought fight in the past 5 years. Maybe even longer. At least Khan would have had boxing experts hyping it up, and people that consider themselves "true boxing fans" interested in watching. Picking this challenger has no one interested except the people interested in giving Floyd money.

smurfx

get some go again
I actually think Khan would give him a decent fight. Not saying he would win but it would possibly be worth watching at least
well sooner or later age is going to catch up to floyd so khan may give him a good fight. floyd is definitely slower these days but still fast enough to execute his gameplan.

Mayweather threw an uppercut
davidsternehhhh.png

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
to much clinching in boxing

I think berto has to piss mayweather off and force mayweather to get off his counter punch game

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't know how Mayweather almost gassed himself on a shit opponent like Berto, but he almost did. Holding: The Fight. What a shit show. Mayweather won't end his career on a mismatch like this. Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom