• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters are back - New album Spring 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

snesfreak

Banned
RobotNinjaHornets said:
beavis_and_butthead_headbanging.gif

That's a PERFECT B&B video.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
a new radiohead album and a song from the foo fighters that kicks all kinds of ass.

A good day.

CiSTM

Banned
White Limo was fucking awesome. I really didn't know FF made music like this too :D I have never heard the first album before until I checked links from the op and it was sooooo goood.

Didn't care that much about their music until this day, I always liked their hit songs but never bought their albums but gonna buy new record day 1 for sure and I'm also going to buy the first album asap.

Suddenly I don't mind that I won't hear new vulture album until 2013.

CiSTM said:
White Limo was fucking awesome. I really didn't know FF made music like this too :D I have never heard the first album before until I checked links from the op and it was sooooo goood.

It's also pretty cool because Grohl basically did everything himself... drums, guitars, vocals, all of it. It was really fun to listen to because you could tell he was just doing shit he felt like doing.

Edit: also, damn it, I was going to ask for that gif for an avatar :p

snesfreak said:
Dave-allllllriiiiiiightavt2.gif
Dave-allllllriiiiiiightavt3.gif

Are one of these better?
Nah, I wanted more of a loop of him bobbing his head with the grin, like the one I made. Not quite what I imagined it but meh, I like it. Thanks, though! I used your gif as a source (obviously).

snesfreak

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Nah, I wanted more of a loop of him bobbing his head with the grin, like the one I made. Not quite what I imagined it but meh, I like it. Thanks, though! I used your gif as a source (obviously).
Ah, ok.

blanky said:
I'm still very interested. But honestly the whole PR, back to roots, foo's like the old days etc. etc. :| It's like its THE template for large bands who announce a new album in the 21st century.

Haha, I've noticed this too.

The Experiment said:
Haha, I've noticed this too.

Well, tbh, the Foo have said this exact same thing prior to just about every single album release, with varying results. The only difference this time is this song actually DOES sound like classic Foo Fighters, so it's encouraging.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I love the unintentional/intentional bit of having a red car go over the cliff and explode in a fiery blaze.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I love the unintentional/intentional bit of having a red car go over the cliff and explode in a fiery blaze.
Of course it's intentional. :p It's supposed to be a home video type of thing, so they use stock footage.

Rorschach said:
Of course it's intentional. :p It's supposed to be a home video type of thing, so they use stock footage.
Pretty sure that footage was used for 'Long Road's video too.

Oh, and this song is great. GREAT

Diablos

Wow, White Limo is amazing. It sounds like their first album. Totally legit. I'm officially excited, this could prove to be their best in over ten years. About time.

Honestly, I'd rather have a new TCV album at this point. The last Foo Fighters album that didn't disappoint me was One By One. Though to be fair, I haven't listened to either new song yet.

Diablos

I AM JOHN! said:
Honestly, I'd rather have a new TCV album at this point. The last Foo Fighters album that didn't disappoint me was One By One. Though to be fair, I haven't listened to either new song yet.
That album was absolute garbage.

There is Nothing Left to Lose, while it did get soft at times, was their last good album to me. Colour and the Shape being their last amazing one.

I AM JOHN! said:
The last Foo Fighters album that didn't disappoint me was One By One. Though to be fair, I haven't listened to either new song yet.

That was the turning point for me, so the last album that didn't disappoint me was There is Nothing Left to Lose

Diablos

rogue_pigeon said:
White Limo Instrumentally really does hark back to FF's origins, but shame about the silly shouty bollocks it has for vocals.

Rope Same old. Dull.
Yeah. Rope sounds like a One by One rehash.

I AM JOHN! said:
Fuck that, Have It All, Lonely As You and Low are fantastic songs.
Wow. Three songs. :p

Diablos said:
Wow. Three songs. :p
Three songs that prove the album isn't garbage! :(

I'd probably have more to say about if it hadn't been for the fact that the last time I listened to the album all the way through aside from the songs I really like off of it was, like, three or four years ago, but I definitely remember liking a lot of stuff off of it. All My Life, Times Like These and Tired of You, too.

TeegsD

Ok listened to both Rope and White Limo and I'm loving both of them. I cannot wait for the album to come out.

NGAMER9

I really like "Rope", it's got a ton of little hooks in there. That bridge has been stuck in my head all day. Hopefully this song is more indicative of the album than the other one. Don't really like the slick sound of it itself, but that was to be expected. Hoping for more of those vocal harmonies too.

Green Scar said:
All My Life is the best Foo Fighters song.
This is absolutely true.

Diablos said:
That album was absolute garbage.

There is Nothing Left to Lose, while it did get soft at times, was their last good album to me. Colour and the Shape being their last amazing one.

The first four songs (All My Life, Low, Have It All, Times Like These) were great. And I personally like Comeback a lot. But it was a very uneven album, yes. Certainly not "absolute garbage."

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dave Grohl went on record to say he hates One by One and refuses to play 80% of its song live ever again. So there you have it.

Me personally, I love everything Foo Fighters have ever done. But I'd eat Grohl's table scraps, so my opinion is shit.

AlphaSnake said:
Dave Grohl went on record to say he hates One by One and refuses to play 80% of its song live ever again. So there you have it.

Well, not saying he's a mathematician or anything, but they still regularly play the first four songs from the album, and 4/11 is about as many songs they play live as from any other album they choose to play songs from (other than whatever album is the most recent, of course).

It's kind of an empty comment, like when he came out before One By One was out and said it was the best album they'd ever done, just like he says before every album they ever do.

Diablos

AlphaSnake said:

Me personally, I love everything Foo Fighters have ever done. But I'd eat Grohl's table scraps, so my opinion is shit.
That's the one thing I always really respected about Grohl. He's not afraid to call a spade a spade.

Debate about One by One? Oh goody!!

"All My Life", "Low", "Have It All", "Times Like These", "Disenchanted Lullaby", "Tired of You", and "Overdrive" are amazing tracks! The rest are fun to listen to as well!

One by One was the first FF album I bought so it has and always will have a special place in my heart. I listened to it every day for three months up until the day I left Pakistan to arrive to Canada, thus ditching my Walkman for good under the massive pile of "stuff I won't need overseas", and thus being the last cassette tape that I bought and jump-shifting to CD player and MP3 player.

Disenchanted lullaby, indeed.

legend166

I don't White Limo at all.

Can't stand the vocals. No matter what the music sounds like, I just can't listen to that vocal style. In anything. No, that's not what they were like on the first album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom