• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters are back - New album Spring 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
White Limo...........not a fan of it(weak vocals, alright music).

Rope............That's more like it, good melodic tune with a nice riff.

I'm not a BIG Foo Fighters fan but I really respect and appreciate the talent of Grohl.

Nice to have more music from him/them.

legend166 said:
I don't White Limo at all.

Can't stand the vocals. No matter what the music sounds like, I just can't listen to that vocal style. In anything. No, that's not what they were like on the first album.

Did you hate Weenie Beenie off of the first album?

AniHawk

I didn't care much for One By One, and I haven't heard enough of In Your Honor, but I don't particularly like it either (Best of You, as repetitive as it is kind of a guilty pleasure).

I really liked ESPG though. Come Alive was their best song of the decade (or since Everlong- take your pick).

Gooster said:
It's been FOUR years since ESP&G? Jesus.

Yeah, damn...time really does fly. Seems impossible.

"Rope"'s ok..."White Limo" was more exciting. Hopefully most of the album leans toward the latter.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Really lovin both songs a lot now. Rope grew on me a ton. That's just how all of Foo Fighters' songs usually work.

-Eddman-

I really like both songs. I felt a QotSA vibe in White limo; Rope sounds straight from 1994-95. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I like it.

Can't wait for the full album on vinyl.

snesfreak

Banned
I'm gonna make my brother buy me this album when it comes out, he owes me.
15 years ago he stole my Big Me EP cd and let one of his friends borrow it, I never got it back because his friend lost it.
I should make him replace it too, $20 on Amazon.
The fucker doesn't even like the Foo Fighters anymore.

AlphaSnake

Revolutionary said:
Pre-order on iTunes and you can download Rope now.

Also, nice find AlphaSnake, but I still hate you. :p

daverockinout.gif

The Big Rig said:
Dave must have vocal chords of steel.

Reminds me of the story Frank Black tells about doing a gig one time, doing some of his screaming vocal stuff, and going backstage where there was this old bluesman who simply told him "Boy, you sure can holla..."

AlphaSnake

The Big Rig said:
This may not be news, but the album name is Wasting Light. In case anyone didn't know:

foo_fighters_wasting_light_cover.jpg

Pretty sure we've known that for 3 months. Never saw the cover tho.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The Big Rig said:
This may not be news, but the album name is Wasting Light. In case anyone didn't know:

http://www.behindthehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/foo_fighters_wasting_light_cover.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I like the cover.

CloudWolf

I like White Limo and Rope a lot more than most of their recent stuff. Can't wait to see if the full album is just as good.

Wow, White Limo really sticks out there. I wanted a whole album of fucking batshit Foo Fighters like that. :(

Whatever, album still sounds good, although there's a few samey-sounding songs in that preview. Still excited!

AlphaSnake

This album sounds absolutely amazing.

Listening to the Foo Fighters always brings me to my happiest place. Some of my best memories are associated with the band or their music. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom