• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Carlo's lack of rotation policy is also to be blamed, he doesnt get a pass out of this one. He's too loyal to a select few, we need more depth. Kroos and Ramos can't be starting against relegation teams.

I tell you who doesn't get a pass...

Kroos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema. 2 shots and none on goal.

Carlo's lack of rotation policy is also to be blamed, he doesnt get a pass out of this one. He's too loyal to a select few, we need more depth. Kroos and Ramos can't be starting against relegation teams.
Carlo is scared to rotate because the diva Real Madrid players will revolt like when Jose tried to do that and they got him to leave.

FootballFan

agreed 100%, that was embarassing, especially when Atletico beat a full Madrid squad with their subs.

People looking for excuses are incredibe, hell Atletico lost Koke, arguably their best player, early in the first half and brought in a young kid Saul who hasn't had much playing time this season.

Very true.

Holy shit! I had no idea Parma were bottom of the league and only on 9pts! D:
There's a reason why they've been both the punchline of every serieface's jokes and the target of our pity.

Maybe the results of the second sale will at least make their relegation look slightly less ignominious.

Congrats Atletico btw

Beast team, your lot are doing absolutely incredible work. Even if you don't win anything this season, just making sure you don't have a big decline after last season is fantastic work.

Simeone is doing the best job in football.

thug_life_b.jpg

Guess Southampton are doing okay as well ¬¬

They can fuck off if they think I'm congratulating it though :p

Cappa

Banned
Carlo is scared to rotate because the diva Real Madrid players will revolt like when Jose tried to do that and they got him to leave.

It has nothing to do with him being scared, it's what he's always done in any of his stints and it's why he doesn't have all that many league titles.

FuturusX

What a weekend of football so far. Merseyside derby up next and still have PSG vs Lyon to come...and I'm sure something happening in Serie A right?

I kid my Italian brothers.

Wilbur

Banned
Your reading comprehension is absolutely dire today. Why are you making those insertions as if I'm complaining about fucking Arbeloa being on the bench? I'm highlighting the fact how shit our squad depth is when breathing cones and rocks like Arbeloa and Chicharito are our alternatives.

You just proved my point.
LhwRz7R.png

How has that got anything to do with my reading comprehension :lol

You cannot complain about your lack of squad depth when the team you had on the pitch - replacements and all - were more than capable of winning, and more than culpable for the situation they found themselves in.

Arbeloa's presence on the bench may highlight your lack of squad depth, but that had no bearing on today's result.

Coming to Liverpol, bruhs.

Hmm

Simeone is clearly the better manager and it'd be almost objectively best for Liverpool to have him instead of Rodgers.

But I want to see where B-Rod can take us. Obviously never gonna happen regardless, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to lose Rodgers right now for Simeone, as stupid as that is.

pulga

Banned
How has that got anything to do with my reading comprehension :lol

You cannot complain about your lack of squad depth when the team you had on the pitch - replacements and all - were more than capable of winning, and more than culpable for the situation they found themselves in.

Arbeloa's presence on the bench may highlight your lack of squad depth, but that had no bearing on today's result.

I wasn't even placing the blame/loss on squad depth you daft mole.
JzKGOjM.png

I'm well aware our starters today are more than capable of beating any team in the world.

I was just countering FutureX's claim that we have amazing squad depth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Take the time to read the posts if you're going to jump headfirst into an argument lest you make a baboon out of yourself.

I blame the loss on tactics and the lack of rotation this season which has lead to injuries and burn out.

inky

Why doesnt Carlo use rotations? Real Madrid was completley lost today. There was no chemistry at all which could be seen the way the team was standing on the field. Losing Ramos and James shouldnt cause such a disequilibrium but when you dont use rotations your bench players have no chemistry with the starting 11. Its going to be an exciting race in la liga.

I don't know, but I would disagree that it is entirely due to the diva players in the squad as some others say.

I think proof enough is how he didn't rotate for a throwaway match like that CWC semifinal against a joke team. He wanted to secure the place in the final, fair enough, but you can't expect your best 11 to be up for every single game when they also play midweek. He also makes subs way too late in matches. When they have a match secure by 2+ goal difference, he only takes his best players off by the 75th minute for instance.

I mean, look at Illarra. He's been doing a good job when the midfield needs to be locked up, and even he wants to leave because he gets 20 minutes at most. And Illarra is probably the one sub with the most minutes, barring Isco, who only got a place because Modric is out.

Ancelotti needs to do much better than that.

Remember how fucking ridiculous this fixture was last season? Absolutely mental. Both teams couldn't be arsed to defend,a proper Premier League end-to-end ding-dong

Give me a relaxing 3-0 pls

Only one team showed up today, the other was makeshift. Shame on the players really, the forwards did nothing to help the midfield who was already suffering. Ronaldo's attitude was unforgivable.

Congrats atleti.

Only thing left now is to focus on the remaining games.

Wilbur

Banned
I wasn't even placing the blame/loss on squad depth you daft mole.
JzKGOjM.png

I'm well aware our starters are more than capable of beating any team in the world.

I was just countering FutureX's claim that we have amazing squad depth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Take the time to read the posts if you're going to jump headfirst into an argument lest you make a baboon out of yourself.

I blame the loss on tactics and the lack of rotation this season which has lead to injuries and burn out.

Then why do you keep saying you had five starters out as if that (arguable as it is anyway considering who some of the replacements were) had an effect?

You don't have amazing squad depth. But it's deep enough so that the players who did start - which is what he actually said - should have been capable of far more than they offered.

Once again, I think you're having a discussion about something entirely different to the one everyone else is having.

EmiPrime

Shame about the result today but had a nice time in the pub in Stokey with other Arsenal and Spurs LGBT supporters.

Love having the rivalry without the hate and animosity, looking forward to doing it more often. :)

Much <3 to ArseGAF and SpursGAF.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it has anything to do with Rotation. I think it is Simeone preparing AM to battle RM and setting things up that way. Carlo preparing RM line any normal game.

Yes that is true. With rotations at least you create some sort of chemistry just in case you lose players to injury, you can atleast add someone that has had some time in the starting 11. One example is Khedira or Illarramendi. Good players just havent seen enough of the field. I thought or wanted to see Real play 4-4-2 today since their defense hasnt played much together. Real just has to adjust to these injuries. They have the talent and skill which should not affect their objectives this years. Carlo just has to make the adjustments and hopefully this game showed him that.

Scum

Only one team showed up today, the other was makeshift. Shame on the players really, the forwards did nothing to help the midfield who was already suffering. Ronaldo's attitude was unforgivable.

Congrats atleti.

Only thing left now is to focus on the remaining games.

Can we have Bale and Modric back, please? You can have Paulinho and Townsend as their replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom