• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

People are laughing about Madrid now but they will still destroy every other team in La Liga. Atletico and Barca are exceptions usually.

Wilbur

Banned
To be honest I'm not annoyed Saints scored. If they make CL I'll be delighted for them.

Just worried that the perennial ghost of arsene wenger lurks in the vicinity of fourth place, and soz SaintsBros but we gotsa have that other spot

Would be ECSTATIC if both of us made CL at the others' expense.

Still decent results for us.

Win to go 3 behind City. Pls Gaal.
We have to win tmrw regardless of what happened today. Arsenal/Spurs always a win-win for us.

Chance to go two results clear in the top 4 so it's important to capitalise now.

But our away form is so crap :(

pulga

Banned
It's hyperbole to complain about squad depth when you're Madrid. I know the loss is embarrassing and you can't think straight...but come on. Carlo got the tactics wrong today and some big players decided to take the day off.

Casillas, Varane, Nacho, Coentrao, Carvajal, Khedira, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

That's still a strong team with some great players. Just not good enough.

Squad depth? Have you even bothered looking at our bench?

Arbeloa, Illarra, Chicharito, Marcos Llorente, Jese and Lucas Silva who has yet to play a single minute for us.

f200390bbf4769279a0161f031ef3fac76a508d52ba12cbf8b698da24745eca0.jpg

I do agree Carlo got the tactics wrong today, though.

inky

Only way this day could get any better would be if Lolerpool decide to show up, but the Battleship has become an Helicarrier and it's soaring high right now.

FuturusX

To be honest I'm not annoyed Saints scored. If they make CL I'll be delighted for them.

Just worried that the perennial ghost of arsene wenger lurks in the vicinity of fourth place, and soz SaintsBros but we gotsa have that other spot

Would be ECSTATIC if both of us made CL at the others' expense.

It's so tight that the only lock right now is that Chelsea are champions. City have done fucked up. But everything else is too close to call. I'd give UTD and Arsenal the edge due to the massive gulf in goal difference. But it will come down to the head to heads me thinks.

Wilbur

Banned
Squad depth? Have you even bothered looking at our bench?

Arbeloa (irrelevant, your starter played) Illarra (cost 40m), Chicharito (irrelevant, your starters played), Marcos Llorente (fair enuff m8), Jese (irrelevant, your starters played) and Lucas Silva (also fair enuff m8 who has yet to play a single minute for us.

f200390bbf4769279a0161f031ef3fac76a508d52ba12cbf8b698da24745eca0.jpg

I do agree Carlo got the tactics wrong today, though.

pls see insertions

pulga take it like a man

lie down

let prinny slide his girth deep inside you

try to smile throughout

it shows tact and class

Only way this day could get any better would be if Lolerpool decide to show up, but the Battleship has become an Helicarrier and it's soaring high right now.

Our primary cannon is being held in reserve though.

Our secondaries are okay, but I wouldn't trust them to hit their mark consistently. New technology on the ship as well today, only really been field-tested in the Championship.

K1LLER7

We have to win tmrw regardless of what happened today. Arsenal/Spurs always a win-win for us.

Chance to go two results clear in the top 4 so it's important to capitalise now.

But our away form is so crap :(
Hopefully we can pull it off against West Ham. I'd take a meh performance and 3 points again.

Di Maria hasn't scored in a while, time for him to step up.

pulga

Banned
pls see insertions

pulga take it like a man

lie down

let prinny slide his girth deep inside you

try to smile throughout

it shows tact and class

Your reading comprehension is absolutely dire today. Why are you making those insertions as if I'm complaining about fucking Arbeloa being on the bench? I'm highlighting the fact how shit our squad depth is when breathing cones and rocks like Arbeloa and Chicharito are our alternatives.

You just proved my point.
LhwRz7R.png

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Carletto's lack of rotation did him in. Some people will disagree but that's how it is. Ramos broke because he didn't get a rest. Kroos looks mentally and physically exhausted. Bale needs to be benched for a match or 2 as well. Just out of it.

Madrid shouldn't have paid to have Ronaldo back for this game. They were playing well without him.

Simeone. What a cunt. What a man. Just knows how to beat RM.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

FFS

Why doesnt Carlo use rotations? Real Madrid was completley lost today. There was no chemistry at all which could be seen the way the team was standing on the field. Losing Ramos and James shouldnt cause such a disequilibrium but when you dont use rotations your bench players have no chemistry with the starting 11. Its going to be an exciting race in la liga.

Does anyone not see Chelsea taking the Barclays?

Carlo's lack of rotation policy is also to be blamed, he doesnt get a pass out of this one. He's too loyal to a select few, we need more depth. Kroos and Ramos can't be starting against relegation teams.

Gurthang

Banned
Ronaldo----Aguero----Reus
----------------Kroos----------------
-------Modric-------Thiago-------
Marcelol-Vermaelen-Javi-Douglas
---------------Casillas-----------

Florentino pls

Cappa

Banned
It's hyperbole to complain about squad depth when you're Madrid. I know the loss is embarrassing and you can't think straight...but come on. Carlo got the tactics wrong today and some big players decided to take the day off.

Casillas, Varane, Nacho, Coentrao, Carvajal, Khedira, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

That's still a strong team with some great players. Just not good enough.

agreed 100%, that was embarassing, especially when Atletico beat a full Madrid squad with their subs.

People looking for excuses are incredibe, hell Atletico lost Koke, arguably their best player, early in the first half and brought in a young kid Saul who hasn't had much playing time this season.

Real Madrid got out played in every way. Their midfield is non-existent, Ancelotti shits the bed any time he plays Simeone. He keeps putting in Khedira, despite Illara playing much better than him and he continues to make subs way to late in the game.

I think he's a much better coach than Mourinho, for Madrid but the reason he doesn't win many league titles in any of his coaching stints is because he has habit of doing this, sticking to the same thing every game whether it works or not.

Edit: Not bolding Carvajal is a head scratcher considering he was the bundlesliga's best right back during his time there and he's one of the best young RBs in the world

Why doesnt Carlo use rotations? Real Madrid was completley lost today. There was no chemistry at all which could be seen the way the team was standing on the field. Losing Ramos and James shouldnt cause such a disequilibrium but when you dont use rotations your bench players have no chemistry with the starting 11. Its going to be an exciting race in la liga.

Does anyone not see Chelsea taking the Barclays?

I don't think it has anything to do with Rotation. I think it is Simeone preparing AM to battle RM and setting things up that way. Carlo preparing RM line any normal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom