• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Harry Kane, Mason, Ibe, Sterling,

almost like today's games show a pattern

perhaps other clubs should follow. I dunno

Spurs and Liverpool shouldn't waste millions on players and should rely on their Academy. #Prospects.

Hixx

Oh my god @ Burnley's fixtures after tomorrow

Man United a, Chelsea a, Swansea h, Liverpool a, City h, Southampton a, Tottenham h, Arsenal h,

Fucking hell. They need to win tomorrow looking at that.

Elchele

told you guys Dortmund were ok. They just had a fucked up start of the second half with matches against Leverkusen and Augsburg.

Good to see them getting points. I hope Stuttgart gets relegated tho, they need it.

moojito

That was really bad by liverpool at the end there. Everyone crowded round the ball, noone trying to get in space, make a run etc.

Westlo

got the ball there but him and McCarthy are combative sods

But Wilbz is right, cracking pair those two. Can see the compactness they give this Everton side

Now watch Roberto take Besic off while keeping Barry on around the 70min mark :(

Odd match

No rhythm to it, nobody playing particularly well. Can and Ibe been our best. Vital that Lucas isn't too badly hurt, the quality disparity between him and Allen/Gerrard is gargantuan.

Would take a point and no more injuries tbh.

Almost falling asleep here, doubt i will survive the second half. Just wanted to say before that: Oviedo is going to score.

4TfeeGW.png

Odd match

No rhythm to it, nobody playing particularly well. Can and Ibe been our best. Vital that Lucas isn't too badly hurt, the quality disparity between him and Allen/Gerrard is gargantuan.

You can't afford a point here.

Your fixture list is about to get brutal.

Odd match

Tempo slowed the minute Allen came on. Gerrad seems like he doesn't care and he needs to come off. Why did Rodgers bring in Allen instead of Markovic? Makes no sense.

Liverpool will win this with Sturridge on. Getting into good areas in the final third, he'll sharpen them up and free up Sterling to commit defenders.

Wilbur

Banned
He, Carlos Sanchez and Jose Gimenez were the three players I was unfamiliar with that I picked out during the World Cup. I like him a lot.

I really liked Sanchez at the world cup. Surprises me Villa are expecting him to be a deep lying playmaker. Lack of options when you have Cleverley I suppose.

Tempo slowed the minute Allen came on. Gerrad seems like he doesn't care and he needs to come off. Why did Rodgers bring in Allen instead of Markovic? Makes no sense.

Because while Henderson at DM sounds like it should work, it was fucking awful the one time we tried it iirc :p

Would like Markovic on for Gerrard, move Ibe further forward. Speaking of which, this formation could provide a problem if Can, Markovic and Ibe have designs on playing in attacking roles, when the only room for them is in the back 5.

Sakho is having a proper nervy one. Our setpieces have turned to shit pre-Gerrard-semiretirement, so there's really no point playing him right now.

LTWheels

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 53s53 seconds ago
Daniel Sturridge going through an extensive warm up during the half-time interval.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 53s53 seconds ago
Daniel Sturridge going through an extensive warm up during the half-time interval.

Hmm

Ideally we'd bring him on because we want to, rather than because we need to. We look pretty short on ideas out there though. As soon as Sterling picks the ball up outside the box with Everton squaring him up, the attack is dead. No room to penetrate, no runs to find, no gaps to exploit, no height to take advantage of.

Sturridge won't fix that, but he's a lot more willing to spend time away from the ball as long as he's got space to run into and move defenders around.

Guessing the ideal was to have it won at 70 minutes or so to bring him on, this isn't ideal though. Without Lucas we won't have as much control in midfield, so we need to make the most of the probably few chances that come our way, and try and stretch them. Every time we take them on out wide, they have a spare centreback or midfielder to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom