• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I can understand the logic, Coutinho has played a lot recently, a rest will help him.

Still would have hooked Gerrard first though.

Ve1ocity

0yCu3M5.gif

Oooozil

Omfg...

L1NETT

you said the top 6 bae

problem is much deeper than top english teams giving them a chance

where is the talent

prem teams not bringing through their own and using their academies is a massive part of the problem. Would rather splash the cash on a ready made player

And as for the talent you dunnae till you give them a go. Kane was playing champ football last year, Mason League 1. Ibe was playing for Brum. There are talented kids up and down the country, don't you worry.

anywho back to the game. Lennon is at least a positive sub. Everton been quite dreary

Salvadora

prem teams not bringing through their own and using their academies is a massive part of the problem. Would rather splash the cash on a ready made player

And as for the talent you dunnae till you give them a go. Kane was playing champ football last year, Mason League 1. Ibe was playing for Brum. There are talented kids up and down the country, don't you worry.
i feel like you're tarnishing a huge amount of teams when you really mean manchester city and chelsea.

lots of clubs in the league are willing to use their academies and give young players a chance and they regularly do so.

L1NETT

Linett Liverpool bought Ibe and Sterling.

when they were wee yeah. What's your point? They have to be scousers or it doesn't count? Sad that big clubs hoover up smaller ones talent and ideally that wouldn't happen but modern football big club bias. Ain't gonna change that.

but Rodgers giving them chances as teenagers. Should be celebrating that

i feel like you're tarnishing a huge amount of teams when you really mean manchester city and chelsea.

lots of clubs in the league are willing to use their academies and give young players a chance and they regularly do so.

lots and regularly? Hmm. Some clubs have been good I agree but only in major injury crises will managers dip in. Saints/Everton/Arsenal/Pool/Spurs have been terrific I'll give you that.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Any former smokers in here?

I'm on my third day without a cigarette, pls tell me how you were able to cope
D5Jy4CR.png
At my worse I was a pack plus a day in college since I'd just run right through them without noticing as I read for hours outside during the day and then the nightly social drinking and smoking.

Now I'm down to two a week and they're both Underwood cigarettes with a woman from work. I went years without them though. Whenever I get cravings I chew gum (non-nicotine). E-cigs and vape pens I can take or leave. I take it you dont like them?

Very easy to blame the managers.

Problem goes much wider than that - on one end, they need the results to keep their job, not much time to experiment.

On the other end, massive structural problems at youth levels of the game in England which makes developing talent to the required level very difficult.

Of course managers could do more but that's isolating a small part of the problem and not one where the meaningful change is going to come from one.

Salvadora

lots and regularly? Hmm. Some clubs have been good I agree but only in major injury crises will managers dip in. Saints/Everton/Arsenal/Pool/Spurs have been terrific I'll give you that.
the clubs are are describing as being terrific (along with united) represent some of the biggest clubs in the entire world

i don't think it should be ignored that some teams, like arsenal, bring youth from foreign countries and develop them into superstars in some cases. that is a significant investment regardless of nationality.

pulga

Banned
At my worse I was a pack plus a day in college since I'd just run right through them without noticing as I read for hours outside during the day and then the nightly social drinking and smoking.

Now I'm down to two a week and they're both Underwood cigarettes with a woman from work. I went years without them though. Whenever I get cravings I chew gum (non-nicotine). E-cigs and vape pens I can take or leave. I take it you dont like them?

I've never given gum (nicotine or normal) or e-cigs/vape pens a chance. I'm thinking about getting a vape pen since my roommate bought one a couple of months back and it's not too bad. Do they have any impact on your health/fitness though? Main reason why I want to stop is because I was knackered after 10 minutes in a five-a-side 3 days ago.
IO0pqxZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom