• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate it'll be 11 goals in 23 league games. That's pathetic.

Benteke's been fit for a while as well, and they've been playing their first choice attacking unit for pretty much the entire season aside from Benteke's period out between October and December iirc

CCS

Banned
Benteke's been fit for a while as well, and they've been playing their first choice attacking unit for pretty much the entire season aside from Benteke's period out between October and December iirc

Genuine question, can anyone explain why they're scoring so few? I really don't understand. For comparison, everyone else has scored at least 20.

Given the state of Liverpool and Everton right now, hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. I guess you never know with these derby's though, they already fluked a point at Anfield.

Could have done without them winning yesterday, every little boost is massive in the buildup to a derby

Hopefully Sturridge can come on again against Bolton from the bench, and then be fit enough to start at the weekend.

GQman2121

Banned
If Villa could form any semblance of an attack we might get to see.

INy0wgo.png

Still twice as good :p and your best as been out. To be honest I'm more just confused than anything else.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe how happy I was when Sturridge's shot hit the back of the net.

What a player. What a shame. What a frustration.

Villa are just moribund.

Poor players in the main
Benteke and Agbonlahor out of form
No confidence throughout the team
Cleverley/Delph/Sanchez is a shocking unit to feed the attacking players properly

Even with that in mind though, you're right that 11 in 23 can't be explained, like Balotelli's record in the league this season, or Altidore. The shittest striker in the world should find themselves on the end of a tap in every now and then, but even that deserts a player in horrendous form. Villa are suffering it across the entire team.

CCS

Banned
Seriously, you wouldn't believe how happy I was when Sturridge's shot hit the back of the net.

What a player. What a shame. What a frustration.

Villa are just moribund.

Poor players in the main
Benteke and Agbonlahor out of form
No confidence throughout the team
Cleverley/Delph/Sanchez is a shocking unit to feed the attacking players properly

Even with that in mind though, you're right that 11 in 23 can't be explained, like Balotelli's record in the league this season, or Altidore. The shittest striker in the world should find themselves on the end of a tap in every now and then, but even that deserts a player in horrendous form. Villa are suffering it across the entire team.

Its good to see him back. No matter who you support, you never want to see a player out like that.

I agree that the team isn't good, but I guess you're right in that luck has completely deserted them too.

Its good to see him back. No matter who you support, you never want to see a player out like that.

That's a weird one, and probably confirms that I take football too seriously

I'd be delighted for our rivals best players to be injured for an extended period, even if I felt sorry for the player himself, and wouldn't wish such injury on them when they were actually playing.

But there are certain players (very few) who I genuinely would like to see injured for reasons other than Liverpool's benefit, as long as its not from a snapped leg or something. I imagine Suarez is in that position for many.

Studgemeister D deserves to be happy though :p

Fucking Napoli. Thank fuck I don't have to actually support them.

May I suggest, Mr Benitez, that you go 3-4-2-1?
No formation will make a difference this season. Our defence is a disgusting coagulation of incompetence.

This summer we need to make Sepe our keeper, drop Rafael and Albiol to subs, jettison Britos and Maggio, and find some functional backs. After an entire reconstruction back there, we can switch to a 4-3-3 and put our magnificent attackers to use.

I don't think you'd get the price you paid for him before.
Anyway the swansea v saints match today. Hmmm....I'd love us to get a draw but it's going to be really tough. Just hope we don't get thrashed.

We'd get nowhere near what we paid for him. There must be players available for dirt cheap though who can fulfil his role in our squad, Rossiter in all probability to name but one.

CCS

Banned
That's a weird one, and probably confirms that I take football too seriously

I'd be delighted for our rivals best players to be injured for an extended period, even if I felt sorry for the player himself, and wouldn't wish such injury on them when they were actually playing.

But there are certain players (very few) who I genuinely would like to see injured for reasons other than Liverpool's benefit, as long as its not from a snapped leg or something. I imagine Suarez is in that position for many.

Studgemeister D deserves to be happy though :p

That's the thing. I'd be fine with a rival's player getting a minor injury that kept them out of some key games. And there are a couple of complete cunts who I'd make an exception for. But injuries that long, career-threatening/damaging ones, I wouldn't wish on any player (except the cunts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom