• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're vulnerable to counters with a back three it's too obvious

our backline is being stretched like an Ubisoft IP

No formation will make a difference this season. Our defence is a disgusting coagulation of incompetence.

This summer we need to make Sepe our keeper, drop Rafael and Albiol to subs, jettison Britos and Maggio, and find some functional backs. After an entire reconstruction back there, we can switch to a 4-3-3 and put our magnificent attackers to use.

Honestly, I'd have made the same assumption about Liverpool before we switched, especially as Sakho seemed to be well out of Rodgers' plans.

Obviously it is hugely important that you have the right personnel for it, and for us its early days and could fall apart, but defensively we've seen an incredible improvement since we changed. To an extent that I didn't think possible, tbh.

Helps that we've cut out a large number of the errors leading to chances/goals, but that is partly thanks to the formation as well, which gives the players at the back more passing options, more space to bring the ball out of defense properly, and consists of players who are just better at it than the back 4 that preceded them.

I shouldn't be, but I'm quite happy for Ozil. He's a brilliant player, who's struggled badly.

is he the only player in the world who can score and assist a goal

when he's invisible

If this is an anime that would have been his specialty.

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1148837.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom