• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

There's about 160 or so premfaces now lol..

ibpKkgJ2rLJRyI.png

fucking hell. I loved the site because the amount of premfaces was limited. now is a fucking mess like the first page pf the thread.

can you have like the basic/most important 20-30 icons and then a button to load 20-30 more (or the complete rest)?

Lightning

Banned
Hope Wenger doesn't play Sanchez this weekend. We really shouldn't need him to win this weekend. But even if he's passed fit we need to rest him this weekend to fully get over his injuries.

I also hope to see chambers and Paulista in our defence too. Give Kos and Per a break, they need one as well.

wedward

Hope Wenger doesn't play Sanchez this weekend. We really shouldn't need him to win this weekend. But even if he's passed fit we need to rest him this weekend to fully get over his injuries.

I also hope to see chambers and Paulista in our defence too. Give Kos and Per a break, they need one as well.

Sanchez should be on the bench. Bring him on in the second half if we are losing.

Would like to see Paulista and Per in defense. Maybe Chambers in midfield.

Lightning

Banned
Sanchez should be on the bench. Bring him on in the second half if we are losing.

Would like to see Paulista and Per in defense. Maybe Chambers in midfield.
Chambers in midfield? No. Per has played too many games and needs a break. We've got a hectic schedule coming up so need to take advantage of this break.

The game will be tough but we should win if we defend properly. Szczesny will be in goal so expect a clanger or two.

fucking hell. I loved the site because the amount of premfaces was limited. now is a fucking mess like the first page pf the thread.

can you have like the basic/most important 20-30 icons and then a button to load 20-30 more (or the complete rest)?

Very possible, let's see what the popular consensus is. Democracy yes!

wedward

Chambers in midfield? No. Per has played too many games and needs a break. We've got a hectic schedule coming up so need to take advantage of this break.

The game will be tough but we should win if we defend properly. Szczesny will be in goal so expect a clanger or two.

He has already played there and did pretty well.

Better than he has ever looked at RB or CB.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Show some respect, Boro are a good team.

Tsht

wedward

Ive been noticing people tossing this idea around recently. Did wenger himself ever talk about the possibility of converting him to a DM?

He said that is where he sees him in the future.

Pretty sure he also played a game in midfield this season. Can't remember against who though.

“He can play a major role because, in what I observe, he has the qualities to impose himself in this part of the team,” he said. “I believe he can play in defensive midfield and that’s where I see him.”

Lightning

Banned
He has already played there and did pretty well.

Better than he has ever looked at RB or CB.
He has played pretty well at CB too, yes I know he's had a few dodgy games. People let a couple of bad performances with a team that was defending poorly as a whole, remembering flamini was the DM who was shit/Ramsey had no discipline and was never where he was meant to be and Per was hopelessly out of form next to him.

Arsenal fans piss me off throwing chambers under a bus ignoring the fact we heavily exposed an 18yr old who was not experienced.

Show some respect, Boro are a good team.

Tsht
Huh? Where in my post did I not show respect?

What is the context behind "It can happen"? Did Rafa go full-LVG?
GPG02YW.png

Context is that Benitez is suggesting a conspiracy amongst the Italian FA, media and referees that benefits Juventus. By saying "it can happen" he can avoid being outright punished as it's ambiguous enough to allow room for doubt in what he's saying. It's perfect legalese. Anyone who can read between the lines knows what he's up to.

He tends to use it when a controversial decision goes the way of Juve or against Napoli or Roma. It's usually bullshit dressed up to hide his own (and his teams) shortcomings. It's Mourinho esque nonsense of the highest order. Ironic, the two of them share a lot in common but genuinely seem to despise each other. Maybe that's why...

wedward

He has played pretty well at CB too, yes I know he's had a few dodgy games. People let a couple of bad performances with a team that was defending poorly as a whole, remembering flamini was the DM who was shit/Ramsey had no discipline and was never where he was meant to be and Per was hopelessly out of form next to him.

Arsenal fans piss me off throwing chambers under a bus ignoring the fact we heavily exposed an 18yr old who was not experienced.

Still think he ends up playing in midfield in the long term.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-long-ball-boring/

United’s strategy is to park the bus with the ball inside. They keep possession, stay in conservative positions, and don’t create or allow much goal-bound action. That’s also how van Gaal can continue to play midfields chock-full of attackers and not get punished for it. By keeping the ball, and keeping it, and keeping it, and keeping it, United don’t provide teams with the opportunities to rip to shreds what should be a paper-thin midfield. Conversely, none of those attacking players stuffed into the midfield actually get the opportunity to do anything other than occasionally become a third body in the box at very safe attacking moments.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Context is that Benitez is suggesting a conspiracy amongst the Italian FA, media and referees that benefits Juventus. By saying "it can happen" he can avoid being outright punished as it's ambiguous enough to allow room for doubt in what he's saying. It's perfect legalese. Anyone who can read between the lines knows what he's up to.

He tends to use it when a controversial decision goes the way of Juve or against Napoli or Roma. It's usually bullshit dressed up to hide his own (and his teams) shortcomings. It's Mourinho esque nonsense of the highest order. Ironic, the two of them share a lot in common but genuinely seem to despise each other. Maybe that's why...
Thank you

If anything, Roma is the side getting some absolute bullshit calls all season :lol but it really and genuinely 'can happen' to all the (relatively) big teams across Europe

FootballFan

Why don't these Chelsea cunts stop doing cuntish things. Maybe they are getting unfairly penalised. But the fact remains that if the players didn't do these things then there would be no reason to ban them.

Plus, Jose is so small time. No wonder a decent club like United din't want him, and RM hated him. He is such a cunt of a human being who needs dirty little clubs that don't give a shit about anything like Chelsea and Inter.

I almost died from agreeing too much.

scabro

"everyone else does it and gets away with it"

is such a horseshit excuse.

if everyone else does something illegal, i wont look down upon you for doing it, but dont start bitching when you get caught.

like steroids in, well, every sport

Why the hell did I type 'kick' instead of 'click'?!

Ingrained sexism and acceptance of negative representation. Kick is a subconscious representation of football, a male-dominated sport. You reject the idea of 'click' as it reminds you of the Adam Sandler film, which features an empowered woman as a main character.

FootballFan

I don't even care how "good" The Order's gameplay is going to be. From the videos I can already tell it's basically a Gears clone, a genre I honestly couldn't care less for. In for the graphics, the world and the story. Sorry, gameplay is king nerds.

That's why you have to buy Xenoverse.

Holy crap the order is out in 6 days? When did that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom