• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

I just think he's a bit rich walking into two PL jobs. Look at someone like Hasselbaink who started at a small Dutch club and is now at Burton. Or McClaren who was more than willing to go back into the Championship and abroad after being the England manager.

Sherwood's lack of enthusiasm for the myriad of coaching jobs that have opened up besides PL ones is a big question mark: he hasn't proved himself anywhere, and he isn't willing to.

I don't think that's fair; he was given the position at Spurs on a temporary basis after AVB went, and a string of good results got them to extend his stay until the end of the season. He hardly walked into the position, he had a good record as their youth coach and then proved himself capable in the short term.

Obviously he ended up looking a bit of a wally but I think he was justified in feeling his results in the half season with Spurs were enough to get him another chance at a Prem level club, or at least promotion contenders in the Championship.

I don't expect him to do well with Villa myself, though I do think they will stay up (which I suppose some might say is doing well)

Hixx

Craig Gordon's double save today
4TfeeGW.png

Would have been one of the world's best if his body wasn't made of paper mache.

Blablurn

BpyQ9Ki.jpg

"This aint no Premier League"

"No to the English model"

Fans demonstrating against taking away the classic german football schedule.

Defoe took him out of the game for a couple of years by breaking his arm, the little cunt. Ended his PL career.

Then I think he did his knee ligaments which can end careers altogether tbf.

As A Hearts fan I have an (obvious) soft spot for him. Shame to see him at Celtic, but given his service, the fee we got for him and his struggles with injury I can't bring myself to dislike him. Always seemed a genuinely nice guy too.

Got to love being referenced by The Economist in their style guide. I don't want to ever see Shanks' post is full of shit, only Shanks's post is full of shit.
They taught me to use Shanks' in school. A year later they told us to forget everything we'd learned about apostrophes and we used Shanks's from then on.

Fucking English.

They taught me to use Shanks' in school. A year later they told us to forget everything we'd learned about apostrophes and we used Shanks's from then on.

Fucking English.

lol, you can use both, but I have read that which ever one you use should be consistent.

So just don't do Shanks's and Jones'. It should either be Shanks's and Jones's, or Shanks' and Jones'

But make sure you do Shankses' when talking about many Shanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom