• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I just think he's a bit rich walking into two PL jobs. Look at someone like Hasselbaink who started at a small Dutch club and is now at Burton. Or McClaren who was more than willing to go back into the Championship and abroad after being the England manager.

Sherwood's lack of enthusiasm for the myriad of coaching jobs that have opened up besides PL ones is a big question mark: he hasn't proved himself anywhere, and he isn't willing to.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I cannot wait to see Sherwood's first game. Let's see if he can produce results without Adebayor and Eriksen, I very much doubt it.

He had a decent league record with us but we pretty much beat everyone with worse players than us and got absolutely destroyed by anyone better. Aston Villa have one of the worst squads in the league so he has a big challenge on his hands. Really he should have worked his way up the ladder like everyone else, he doesn't have the chops to handle a dressing room properly.

Linius

I just think he's a bit rich walking into two PL jobs. Look at someone like Hasselbaink who started at a small Dutch club and is now at Burton. Or McClaren who was more than willing to go back into the Championship and abroad after being the England manager.

Sherwood's lack of enthusiasm for the myriad of coaching jobs that have opened up besides PL ones is a big question mark: he hasn't proved himself anywhere, and he isn't willing to.

Are you looking for a fight?

Tubie

Watching Bayern play for like the second time this season. Robben and Muller carry this team so much.

Fake edit: oh shit Van der Vaart is in this match too!

Scum

Like Usho mentions too, he had a decent squad to work with at Spurs. But most of those Villa players must be bereft of confidence. No offence to Villa fans but he deserves to fail. He shouldn't be managing a Premier league team.

fuck it i'm just going to pass on FC4.

£30 too rich for ubishyte designed games. Maybe when it's £15.

Best thing to do, m9.

Fintan

Do you reckon they tried to get McClaren, Howe, or Karanka? For some reason, I can't see any of the more successful championship managers wanting to go to Villa. To go from a promotion race to a relegation battle, without being able to make transfers can hardly be appealing.

Or maybe they really did just value the six months of PL experience Sherwood has over any possible lower league or foreign appointment they could have made. Which is a bit stupid in my opinion because his time there had such low stakes. He was never going to get relegated and he was very unlikely to get CL. And he lost every big match.

Hey, at least he'll get the chance to prove himself in the championship next season! :p

What's rich about that. He wants PL jobs, he's getting them. If he was told he had no chance perhaps he might reconsider.

Wilbur

Banned
What's rich about that. He wants PL jobs, he's getting them. If he was told he had no chance perhaps he might reconsider.

Well, he's got one. He took over Spurs temporarily, there was no inkling that after that one he'd get another straight away. WBA and QPR didn't fancy him. It's worked out alright for him, I just think he'll fail again when he really could have used the experience elsewhere.

Scum

I just want something to play on my paperweight console until Bloodborne, yo :(

iyIEIP15d8gqE.png

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just tuned in to Neverkusen v Wolfsburg. Jeez Neverkusen really enjoys being the butt of jokes huh. I'm going back to FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom