• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

I'm buying a trimmer (my first one) this week. Any recommendations? I'm between the Philips QT4050 and Braun cruzer 6 beard&head so far

jts

...hate me...
I'm buying a trimmer (my first one) this week. Any recommendations? I'm between the Philips QT4050 and Braun cruzer 6 beard&head so far

I have a Cruzer face, and the precision thing.

It was a gift from a couple of years ago.

I don't really use it, don't like it.

Prefer a wired hair clipper. I use one from Rowenta, for no reason.

I prefer it because then I don't have to deal with chargers, charging, and wired means it's more powerful than a cordless as well. A decent set of removable combs and I'm good.

I use it for everything
CNB1W6d.png

Just my 5 cents. To be fair, I'm not a hairy dude.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy personally intervened to scupper West Ham's deadline-day move for striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 30. (Daily Telegraph)
Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert, 32, rejected a £5m deadline-day move to Aston Villa, preferring to stay at Anfield and fight for his place. (Liverpool Echo)
QPR's attempt to sign West Ham winger Matt Jarvis, 28, on loan was blocked by the Premier League because Rangers already have Hammers forward Mauro Zarate on loan. (Guardian Series)
Winger Wilfried Zaha's permanent return to Crystal Palace means the 22-year-old cost Manchester United £400,000 for every 60 seconds he played in a Red Devils shirt. (Daily Express)
Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, has rejected a move to Real Sociedad because he wants to sign for Liverpool in the summer. (Daily Mirror)
Rangers rebuffed Hamilton's deadline-day interest in midfielder Dean Shiels, 30, and rejected a bid from Bolton for playmaker Nicky Law, 26. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 22, has agreed a new long-term contract that is believed to keep the Brazilian at Anfield until 2020. (Daily Star)
Cambridge's Ryan Donaldson, 23, has been promised Angel Di Maria's shirt when they meet Manchester United in an FA Cup replay on Tuesday, but the midfielder says he must pay £40 if he is to reciprocate given his own club are short of shirts. ( Daily Mail )
A former QPR scout says he was paid just £50 for alerting the club to Raheem Sterling. The winger, now 20, was sold to Liverpool in 2010 for a fee that could rise to £5m and is now an England international. (Daily Mail)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
West Ham co-chairman David Gold got Hammers fans salivating in anticipation of some late deadline-day action by tweeting the following message at 10pm: "Don't go to bed."
But their dreams were shattered when Gold posted another message after the window had shut saying: "Sorry for keeping you up late but at the last moment the main deal collapsed and the rest folded like a pack of cards. Stay strong."
Burnley defender Kevin Long indulged in some fantasy football by posting a mocked-up photo of himself in Harchester United gear. Sadly for Long, his appeal to Dream Team's Lynda Block - aka actress Alison King, who now plays Carla Connor in Coronation Street - fell on deaf ears.
Chelsea midfielder Oscar welcomed new signing Juan Cuadrado to Stamford Bridge. But the Brazilian also issued a warning: "Welcome to the biggest club in the world, @Cuadrado. When you're @ChelseaFC, #therewillbehaters"

AND FINALLY...
Jamie Redknapp indulged in some deadline-day dealing on behalf of father Harry by convincing Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to 'sign' for QPR live on Sky Sports. (Metro)

LegoArmo

I just started watching Arrow, because apparently I should if I want to get into The Flash, and I'm about 8 episodes in, and some of this if just painful.

I hope to God, Laurel and Merlyn get killed, or leave or something. Ugh, the characters on this aren't very likeable at all.

Except for Felicity, my waifu

Scum

I just started watching Arrow, because apparently I should if I want to get into The Flash, and I'm about 8 episodes in, and some of this if just painful.

I hope to God, Laurel and Merlyn get killed, or leave or something. Ugh, the characters on this aren't very likeable at all.

YES LEGO!

The female characters (particularly Laurel) are awful on Arrow, but stick with the show anyway m8, it gets a lot better. And yes, Felicity is ridiculously hot. Dem boob-windows
4TfeeGW.png

And The Flash is a different beast. More comic-booky (in a good way!)

Phlebas

Banned
I absolutely loathe the Arrow, dragged myself through the first season in hopes it would get better.

Is The Flash better?

LegoArmo

YES LEGO!

YES SCUM!

The female characters (particularly Laurel) are awful on Arrow, but stick with the show anyway m8, it gets a lot better. And yes, Felicity is ridiculously hot. Dem boob-windows
4TfeeGW.png

And The Flash is a different beast. More comic-booky (in a good way!)

I watched the first few episodes of The Flash until there was a "previously on" with a bunch of footage I hadn't seen, and I loved that about it, very light hearted with little moments of emotion.

Every other scene in Arrow seems like it's meant to be emotional but I don't care one bit about any of these people, so it's falling flat. Glad to hear it gets better.

Anyway, football!

I absolutely loathe the Arrow, dragged myself through the first season in hopes it would get better.

Is The Flash better?

I enjoy both, but The Flash is definitely a lot more 'fun' than Arrow. By this I mean, it's colourful, paced well and has an intriguing story/main villain for S1.

YES SCUM!

I watched the first few episodes of The Flash until there was a "previously on" with a bunch of footage I hadn't seen, and I loved that about it, very light hearted with little moments of emotion.

Every other scene in Arrow seems like it's meant to be emotional but I don't care one bit about any of these people, so it's falling flat. Glad to hear it gets better.

Anyway, football!
Yeah, Arrow's characters are hard to love, most of them are dicks lol. But the action is really good and it's just fun watching a superhero TV show. Plus the show shares some Batman villains (pretty major one too) ;)

Seems like we might have asked Real Madrid today how much they would want for Varane and whatever it was we baulked at it! Not a surprise, perhaps they will lower their demands in the summer, I doubt it though :(

Seems like we might have asked Real Madrid today how much they would want for Varane and whatever it was we baulked at it! Not a surprise, perhaps they will lower their demands in the summer, I doubt it though :(

Sakho is already dining and wining him.

You have no chance!

Scum

Might as well start looking for a new club, Cahill.

pulga

Banned
He's probably considering it already.

If this is aimed at me... I don't think its so unrealistic the idea that we'd ask, I doubt we'd have probably signed him anyway.

I can ask for as many free lap dances as I want, but I doubt I'll get a single one
OVsk9Ou.png

Varane will retire at Real Madrid, why would we sell him? I don't get why teams are chasing him lol.

BigBoss

pulga

Banned
Varane will retire at Real Madrid, why would we sell him? I don't get why teams are chasing him lol.

As if it makes sense from the point of view of both parties.

Why would Varane take a step down to other teams?

Why would Real Madrid let go of the most promising young CB in the world?

It's such a silly thing to even entertain :lol

Madrid have sold better players.

Players we don't have any need for. Varane is the CB of the future, and finding quality CBs is tough enough as it is, no need to let go of the most promising one around.

Its not like I said we were on the verge of signing him and he was demanding to leave and has uprooted the team and theres going to be some mass exodus because we asked about a player, jeez.

Clubs ask about players, its how the transfer market works, its not like its some magical concept.

Elchele

damn, first world always getting the best stuff. how come you guys aren't over using Wow Air?
I would be traveling at every opportunity.

FootballFan

Its not like I said we were on the verge of signing him and he was demanding to leave and has uprooted the team and theres going to be some mass exodus because we asked about a player, jeez.

Clubs ask about players, its how the transfer market works, its not like its some magical concept.

Madrid fans man lol.

All you said was Chelsea asked about Varane.

As if it makes sense from the point of view of both parties.

Why would Varane take a step down to other teams?

Why would Real Madrid let go of the most promising young CB in the world?

It's such a silly thing to even entertain :lol

Players we don't have any need for. Varane is the CB of the future, and finding quality CBs is tough enough as it is, no need to let go of the most promising one around.

Chelsea a step down lol. RM fans are so arrogant.

scabro

stop, just watch the flash

you dont need to watch arrow. fuck arrow

its tries too be too dark gritty and emotional but with a metric fuck load of corn and horrific acting by amell. and the characters are stupid and the plot is stupid and the decisions characters make are stupid and its fucking stupid

felicity needs to move to The Flash because she fit perfectly in the crossover. then they can cancel arrow. and move over deathstroke too. the only two good things about that show

scabro

Is The Flash better?

wayyy better. its light hearted with great action, can be cheesy but a good kind of cheesy. the action is great for the type of show and reverse flash is a motherfucker

I haven't quite figured out yet if you people are intentionally or seriously delusional.
IO0pqxZ.png
Is it even possible for one to be "intentionally" delusional? What does that even mean? And what would being "seriously" delusional entail? Is that a description of the intensity of the delusion? Or a delusion that is held concerning a so-called serious matter? Finally, could one be both intentionally and seriously delusional, or are the two qualifications mutually exclusive (as you seem to have implied); and, if the latter, why?

Phlebas

Banned
I enjoy both, but The Flash is definitely a lot more 'fun' than Arrow. By this I mean, it's colourful, paced well and has an intriguing story/main villain for S1.

wayyy better. its light hearted with great action, can be cheesy but a good kind of cheesy. the action is great for the type of show and reverse flash is a motherfucker

Thanks m8s.

Going to watch the first episode now

pulga

Banned

But it's true bae. Prestige + Money clubs are few, I'd say only United, Bayern and maaaaaybe Barcelolna can be considered lateral moves.
Juve sadly can't afford to offer players the contracts these four clubs can, but the prestige is there ;_;

Is it even possible for one to be "intentionally" delusional? What does that even mean? And what would being "seriously" delusional entail? Is that a description of the intensity of the delusion? Or a delusion that is held concerning a so-called serious matter? Finally, could one be both intentionally and seriously delusional, or are the two qualifications mutually exclusive (as you seem to have implied); and, if the latter, why?

It tickles my fancy that it took me 2 seconds to write an intentionally silly post, and you've wasted god knows how much over analyzing it and even going so far as to edit your post :lol

Go home, kid, you're drunk again.
9vU7w8t.png

But it's true bae. Prestige + Money clubs are few, I'd say only United, Bayern and maaaaaybe Barcelolna can be considered lateral moves.
Juve sadly can't afford to offer players the contracts these four clubs can, but the prestige is there ;_;

It tickles my fancy that it took me 2 seconds to write an intentionally silly post, and you've wasted god knows how much over analyzing it and even going so far as to edit your post :lol

Go home, kid, you're drunk again.
9vU7w8t.png

:(

Not so now tho.

They are, in terms of prestige.

Madrid, Barca and (normally) Man Utd are way out in front, then there's Bayern with another big gap behind them. It'll take decades for Madrid-Chelsea to be even regarded as a step sideways

Delighted with Coutinho's contract, assuming its true. He'd be an idiot to leave though. Our current setup is perfect for him, he enjoys the battles in the PL, we don't drop him when he goes a month without scoring, he plays every game and he has every chance of becoming our key player, or one of the top 3 at least.

Hope the lack of Portuguese speakers isn't an issue though, especially if Lucas leaves. It annoys me that he and Henderson's end products would improve drastically if Coutinho just calmed down when he's in a shooting position, and Henderson got in the box more.

Its pretty pleasing that we've seemingly already found a setup where we don't miss Gerrard at all, so we can adapt to his departure well before it happens. The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't mind getting knocked out of the cups, bellendish as that is. I think we'd have a very good chance of finishing in the top 4 without them.

STURRIDGE-AND-COUTINHO.gif

BqNuvSKIEAILaO7.jpg

Jesus, its like one of Robbie Keane's childhood bedrooms

faridmon

Person of Interest is the GOAT show, anything else is a moot.

Can't really wait for Lennon to dominate that left flank. Astute business there!

Lightning

Banned
Our top 4 chances are very good. We're in a very good position I feel to make it.

After this week against Spurs only United remain in our away games against tough opposition. Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea are home games. Swansea is a home game, West Brom is a home game.

Our remaining away games are Crystal Palace, QPR, Burnley, Newcastle, Hull and United. Everyone else is a home game after this weekend. With our players now back I will be stunned if we finish outside the top 4 from this position.

Still maintain Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United will be the top 4. Liverpool and Spurs will push but will come up short, imo.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our top 4 chances are very good. We're in a very good position I feel to make it.

After this week against Spurs only United remain in our away games against tough opposition. Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea are home games. Swansea is a home game, West Brom is a home game.

Our remaining away games are Crystal Palace, QPR, Burnley, Newcastle, Hull and United. Everyone else is a home game after this weekend. With our players now back I will be stunned if we finish outside the top 4 from this position.

Still maintain Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United will be the top 4. Liverpool and Spurs will push but will come up short, imo.

You have a fantastic home record so I think you will probably do it. I think the last spot is still up for grabs though, I haven't been impressed by any of United's displays against the big teams. If they lose a few of those then anything can happen.

A lot will depend on how far everybody goes in Europe. For once Arsenal have drawn an easy team in the CL, but Liverpool and Spurs have tough draws in the EL. If anyone goes into the later stages it will affect things.

Lightning

Banned
You have a fantastic home record so I think you will probably do it. I think the last spot is still up for grabs though, I haven't been impressed by any of United's displays against the big teams. If they lose a few of those then anything can happen.

A lot will depend on how far everybody goes in Europe. For once Arsenal have drawn an easy team in the CL, but Liverpool and Spurs have tough draws in the EL. If anyone goes into the later stages it will affect things.
Spurs destiny will be decided long before our CL games kick in though. Your next 6 games are Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Swansea, QPR and United. Now there's some tough games in there mixed in with Chelsea capital one cup and Fiorentina Europa league games. That run of games is considerably more difficult than ours.

We have Spurs, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Everton, QPR and West Ham. Middlesborough and another FA cup game if we win and our tie against Monaco.

United face West Ham, Burnley, Swansea, Sunderland, Newcastle and Spurs. and whoever they get in their FA cup games.

Spurs need good results now or they will be out of it by the time April comes and as I just showed, hard run of games they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom