• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Hmm... Going on the idea of Pato leaving – Pato at Liverpool? He seems like a very Brendan Rodgers style player.

Except for the part about his bones being made of balsa wood

That's why he won't leave for more than €10m. And why it'll be really hard for him and Milan to find a new team for this particular reason.

It's a really complex situation, we had to sell him last January and buy Tevez.

How do I set referee theory test to Serie A rules? I want to make sure that if its a team playing Juventus that I make my decision accordingly.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What's this ref test??

Q. Jonny Evans lunges at a player and catches him, missing the ball. Do you...

A1. Show a straight red to the player caught by Evans
A2. Book the attacking player for diving
A3. Wait for the ball to run out of play and then give a goal kick

Blablurn

it has been a terrible day so far but if that one works, im happy

3uMFF.png

deGod

Q. Jonny Evans lunges at a player and catches him, missing the ball. Do you...

A1. Show a straight red to the player caught by Evans
A2. Book the attacking player for diving
A3. Wait for the ball to run out of play and then give a goal kick

A2 and A3 if I'm Mark Clantenberg

Carbonox

So I'm hitting up London for my Birthday this weekend. What are good areas of the city to hit up for a big and diverse variety of pubs/clubs aimed at varying types of people? Aside from Camden which has long been my go-to place. Want to shake it up a bit and try some other bustling areas. Every other place in London that I've been to has been for different purposes other than checking out to see what they offer nightlife-wise, so I don't know the 'other Camdens' so to speak.

I hear Soho is a good spot too?

fuenf

thanks , man! i hope they really dispatch it . i want to believe. it has been a horrible launch.

I'm kinda glad i overslept. I've been on the fence about this phone since they annoucement, but i dont really have the money and i've got the Paperwhite on preorder for next week.

Wilbur

Banned
So I'm hitting up London for my Birthday this weekend. What are good areas of the city to hit up for a big and diverse variety of pubs/clubs aimed at varying types of people? Aside from Camden which has long been my go-to place. Want to shake it up a bit and try some other bustling areas. Every other place in London that I've been to has been for different purposes other than checking out to see what they offer nightlife-wise, so I don't know the 'other Camdens' so to speak.

I hear Soho is a good spot too?

Soho's good, yeah. Shoreditch is good fun too.

I had a laugh at these three places in Shoreditch:

http://www.cargo-london.com/
http://www.93feeteast.co.uk/cgi-bin/web/index.pl
http://www.clubaquarium.co.uk/

fuenf

I got the same score. Is there anywhere I can see the results?

I'm genuinely curious for some of those questions. What happens if a strong wind blows the ball back into the net on a free-kick?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_free_kick

"
A goal may be scored directly from a direct free kick, but only against the opposing side (i.e. an own goal may not be scored). However, should the ball directly land in the own goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team. A player may be penalised for an offside offence committed from a direct free kick."

Wilbur

Banned
That's what I went with. Can a player pass the ball in the penalty situation presented?

I think so, but the ball has to move forward and they're not allowed to encroach. So it's like Henry/Pires situation.

I went for head the ball, but only out of process of elimination.

fuenf

That's what I went with. Can a player pass the ball in the penalty situation presented?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHN1mN5SCg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_kick

Tap penalty
A two-man penalty or "tap" penalty occurs when the penalty-taker, instead of shooting to score a goal, taps the ball slightly forward and to the side so that a team-mate can run on to it. The team-mate, like all other players, must be at least ten yards from the penalty spot when the ball is kicked. This strategy depends on the element of surprise, so that the team-mate can reach the ball ahead of any defenders. It was made famous by Johan Cruyff in a match for AFC Ajax in 1982 against Helmond Sport.[3]

Arsenal players Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès famously failed in an attempt at a similar penalty in 2005, during a Premier League match against Manchester City at Highbury. Pirès ran in to take the kick, attempted to pass to the onrushing Henry, but miskicked; as he had touched the ball (but barely moved it), he could not touch it again, and City defender Sylvain Distin reached the ball before Henry could.[4]

ARSELOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UCKco-5to

Nyx

5/12, but some pictures are blocked at work so I couldn’t see the ‘’assistant ref does this, what does it mean’’ pics and gambled there.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Ref test answers.

1. A shot is taken by an attacker. The ball is saved by the goalkeeper and rebounds to another attacking player who was standing in an offside position at the time the ball was struck. Is the attacking player:
a. Offside as the attacker has gained an advantage by standing in an offside position

2. A cup match has ended 2-2 after extra time and the tie has gone to penalties. Which of the following criteria is first used to determine which end of the pitch is used for the penalty shootout?

b. The referee chooses the end

3. The end has been chosen, but the away team has ended with just nine players on the pitch following two players being dismissed during extra time. With regards to the penalty shootout, should you:
a. Ask the team with 11 players to nominate two players who will not take part in the penalty shootout

4. During a penalty shootout, which of the following are allowed on the field of play?

b. The referee, assistant referees and players

5. Prior to the big local derby kicking off, one of the home team's players is caught using foul and abusive language to an opponent in the tunnel. Should you:

b. Dismiss the player, allowing him to be replaced by a substitute in the starting lineup

6. From which of the following breaks in play can a player be ruled offside?

d. None of the above

7. What does this assistant referee signal mean? (picture of the signal shown on the website test)

c. Substitution

8. The away team has a corner kick; the ball is delivered and cleared up field. As a defending player and attacking player run away from the goal line, the defending player spits at the attacking player. The incident is noticed by your assistant referee. Do you:
a. Dismiss the offending player and award a penalty kick as the incident took place in the penalty area

9. It's an extremely windy day. A direct free kick is awarded to the defending team on the edge of their own six yard box following a foul by the attacker. The goalkeeper takes the direct free kick and the ball is blown back into his own goal, do you:

b. Award a corner kick

10. What does this assistant referee signal mean? (picture of signal shown on webpage of test)

b. Offside in the center of the pitch

11. You award a penalty in the second half of a match. The attacking player funs up to take the penalty kick - which of the following can the taker not do?

b. Head the ball

12. During a mass brawl on the pitch, you show several players from the same team red cards. At what point is the game abandoned? When one team has:

d. 6 players

Fellaini will leave at the end of the season, Moyes more or less admitted that at the weekend. I doubt he'll stay in the PL, he'll probably go to PSG.

He's leaving for sure, probably Chelsea, PSG or GazProm league. I think he would fancy PSG for a few reasons.

Fellaini gone from PL would be to the league's credit. We have a team full of thugs and have no pressing need for more of them.

Fellaini and Ibra together, flying kicks and elbow drops galore.

Top Bottom