• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

So what's the reason for SAF's continued selection of Giggs and Scholes?

Scholes is still a very technically gifted midfielder but cannot run and Giggs generally doesn't play very well apart from one or two good passes.

Now is the time when Clev and Ando should be playing. But they aren't.

SAF needs to decide what he wants in CM. Either he thinks Clev and Ando are good enough, and selects them to play. Or he doesn't trust them completely and has to bring a new midfielder in.

Class from Suarez followed by a shocking tackle
iTJaMb1IdEXu9.gif

Feorax

Expecting a lot of lazy journalism with regards to Suarez transfer speculation over the coming weeks with him being top scorer. For example, The Mirror running with a story tomorrow saying Abramovich is willing to pay (get this) £50 million to get him to Chelsea...

Clegg

I genuinely had no idea that Wii U was out tomorrow.

I haven't been following anything related to then ext gen of consoles. Can you play Wii games on it?

K1LLER7

It's out in America tomorrow.

Weird how Nintendo release games and consoles on a Sunday lol
Oh, it's just normally there's the hype but I don't think i've even seen an advert for it yet. Whens it out in the UK?

I think people are saving up their hype for when a real console of note is released.

:lol

Don't think i'll buy any of the next gen consoles straight away. But then again I bought a Vita :)

Expecting a lot of lazy journalism with regards to Suarez transfer speculation over the coming weeks with him being top scorer. For example, The Mirror running with a story tomorrow saying Abramovich is willing to pay (get this) £50 million to get him to Chelsea...

Terry and Suarez on the same team.

5CntM.gif

K1LLER7

Sentimentality, relying on wise heads.

Not working. They can't keep up with the pace of the game any more.

They'll stop playing when Fergie retires.

If we win the league this year or if there's a miracle and we win the CL , it could be the best time for Fergie to retire imo.

Statue unveiling, win a major title. Retire. Bring in Pep, watch United start to play decent football again and possibly buy a midfielder.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
They'll stop playing when Fergie retires.

If we win the league this year or if there's a miracle and we win the CL , it could be the best time for Fergie to retire imo.

Statue unveiling, win a major title. Retire. Bring in Pep, watch United start to play decent football again and possibly buy a midfielder.

Lulz you're not winning champions league with that shitty squad

Clegg

There's still going to be a massive problem when Giggs and Scholes retire. We'd be down two midfielders with only Carrick, Clev, and Ando as recognised senior players. And Carrick is on the wrong side of 30.

Powell has a lot of potential but he's still only 18. It will be years before he's ready imo. We need to get a top quality midfielder soon imo. I'm surprised we haven't done it sooner.

kharma45

There's still going to be a massive problem when Giggs and Scholes retire. We'd be down two midfielders with only Carrick, Clev, and Ando as recognised senior players. And Carrick is on the wrong side of 30.

Powell has a lot of potential but he's still only 18. It will be years before he's ready imo. We need to get a top quality midfielder soon imo. I'm surprised we haven't done it sooner.

I'm surprised someone like Davide Petrucci hasn't been sniffing around the first team bench more.

It's possible Tunnicliffe might make the jump up but he could just end up being a squad player. We do need to sign someone though.

K1LLER7

I'm surprised someone like Davide Petrucci hasn't been sniffing around the first team bench more.

It's possible Tunnicliffe might make the jump up but he could just end up being a squad player. We do need to sign someone though.

Pettruci's injured i think. too inury prone.

Clegg

If Petrucci was ready he'd be in the squad or at least out on loan to give him some proper match experience. The fact that he's still stuck in the reserves at 21 suggests that he either isn't ready or isn't good enough to make the step up. That would be a shame as he really is a classy player. Such a shame that he missed two seasons due to injury.

I think we can count out Tunnicliffe though. He's a battler but doesn't really offer much else.

K1LLER7

rachelmcadams.gif

after seeing that horrendous match against chelski you clearly only pay domestic refs
Thats why we still play 35 year olds in midfield :(

Barca already bought all the CL officials a few years back. Tied them to long term contracts. Pep gave the signal and watched the magic happen. His masterpiece move was the RVP red for kicking the ball away.

kharma45

If Petrucci was ready he'd be in the squad or at least out on loan to give him some proper match experience. The fact that he's still stuck in the reserves at 21 suggests that he either isn't ready or isn't good enough to make the step up. That would be a shame as he really is a classy player. Such a shame that he missed two seasons due to injury.

Could argue the same for Pogba (bar the injury stuff), he never got a chance on loan or in the team bar maybe a couple of sub appearances last year and one CC start iirc.

Clegg

There is a bit of a gulf in class in Uniteds academy right now. The 19/20 year olds don't seem likely to make the step up but there is a lot of potential in the 16/17 year olds.

Daehli, Januzaj, and Pereira are supposed to be very good.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Thats why we still play 35 year olds in midfield :(

Barca already bought all the CL officials a few years back. Tied them to long term contracts. Pep gave the signal and watched the magic happen. His masterpiece move was the RVP red for kicking the ball away.
bNyxL.png

K1LLER7

Could argue the same for Pogba (bar the injury stuff), he never got a chance on loan or in the team bar maybe a couple of sub appearances last year and one CC start iirc.

Fergie messed it up with Pogba imo. He should've been starting Carling Cup games atleast.

One thing I like about Rodgers, he's not afraid to try the youngsters if the talents there. Fergie doesn't do that any more.

kharma45

Fergie messed it up with Pogba imo. He should've been starting Carling Cup games atleast.

One thing I like about Rodgers, he's not afraid to try the youngsters if the talents there. Fergie doesn't do that any more.

Yeah I feel he's getting conservative with his selections this year, you can't really see him taking many chances now.

Clegg

I'd rather just forget about Pogba tbh. He should have been played more but what can you do? He wanted to leave and he got his wish.

FWIW I don't think SAF would repeat the mistake of letting such a talented player leave. If any of the younger lads were ready to make the step up then we'd at least see them going on loan.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd rather just forget about Pogba tbh. He should have been played more but what can you do? He wanted to leave and he got his wish.

FWIW I don't think SAF would repeat the mistake of letting such a talented player leave. If any of the younger lads were ready to make the step up then we'd at least see them going on loan.

And yet when he's got two young players on the bench itching to make impressions he leaves them on there for two 40 year olds. He's far too stubborn sometimes, which is odd considering he stuck with the kids and won everything.

I'm not saying Clev and Anderson are anywhere near the quality of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes et al. But he showed faith, which he isn't doing now.

Salvadora

Didn't Pogba only want to leave because he wasn't playing? A player of that quality struggling to make an appearance in United's midfield is mystifying. Fergie's lost it.

OHGOD THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH

We're in semifinals but only thanks to Morelia's inability to capitalize on our many mistakes. I can't believe how Herrera insists on starting that piece of shit Mosquera or that useless cunt Montenegro that only gives one good match for 10 mediocre and 2 or 3 horrible ones. Most infuriating thing is that the only good match he gives is usually a meaningless one, tending to disappear when he's actually needed.

Team is FULL with talentless hacks that for some incomprehensible reason keep impersonating actual football players. Fuck them all.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
OHGOD THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH

We're in semifinals but only thanks to Morelia's inability to capitalize on our many mistakes. I can't believe how Herrera insists on starting that piece of shit Mosquera or that useless cunt Montenegro that only gives one good match for 10 mediocre and 2 or 3 horrible ones. Most infuriating thing is that the only good match he gives is usually a meaningless one, tending to disappear when he's actually needed.

Team is FULL with talentless hacks that for some incomprehensible reason keep impersonating actual football players. Fuck them all.
aquivaldo.png

Lol

Clegg

And yet when he's got two young players on the bench itching to make impressions he leaves them on there for two 40 year olds. He's far too stubborn sometimes, which is odd considering he stuck with the kids and won everything.

I'm not saying Clev and Anderson are anywhere near the quality of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes et al. But he showed faith, which he isn't doing now.

Not trusting Ando or Clev is a bit irritating but there isn't much that can be done about that tbh. SAF is gonna SAF.

I was talking more about the younger players though. We don't seem to have anyone from the academy that's ready to make the step up. Powell has looked good whenever he's come on but he isn't a product of our academy. I guess we'll have to wait until Daehli, Pereira, and Januzaj are ready.

I'm a bit annoyed about the Henriquez situation though. He was getting regular first team football in Chile and scoring goals. He's just scored on his debut for Chile too. Yet he's just playing reserve football with us.

elsk

Banned
Wilbury, do you like the the traveling wilburys?

fake edit: oh shit... I just got it haha

edit: seriously, I just got it while I was writing it hahaha

Top Bottom