• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Schürrle

iQOCiPeGHzn8k.gif

Terrific defending!

Thank you for free Nicolaj Jørgensen, leverkusen.

iGS50b2OjwkPm.gif

He really is our new Grønkjær, we play like shit without him and he's constantly injured, even went out today not long after that goal.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have a buddy that is a watch aficionado too. Dude buys one like every 2 weeks and insists on showing me like a care.

Watch People

Meier

Well this is unprecedented. How do I deal with this alledged Tevez payslip?
It's a lot of money but nothing mindblowing. Euro football players make a lot less than top American athletes (as do the clubs).

Plus, we knew he was on ~£200k per week.

Slizz

It's a lot of money but nothing mindblowing. Euro football players make a lot less than top American athletes (as do the clubs).

Plus, we knew he was on ~£200k per week.

Wait, really? I know you know most contracts in the US are not guaranteed, but the highest paid athletes aren't Euro footballers?

American athletes make the most cash off endorsements, not team contracts.

Wait, really? I know you know most contracts in the US are not guaranteed, but the highest paid athletes aren't Euro footballers?

Ronaldo earns a similar amount to Peyton Manning I believe.

Zlatan and Eto'o are earning more than that though so I reckon they're out ahead of mostly anyone purely in terms of their salary from their sports team.

Fernando Alonso earns a shit-load too.

Edit - Maybe not. Peyton Manning is on ~£350k a week. That probably tops any soccer player.

Meier

Obviously that is a huge bonus for the players there but if you're a top player in the NFL, you're not getting cut necessarily and even if you do, you'd get re-signed. NBA deals are fully guaranteed as are MLB as I recall.

£8m a year is what, about $12.8m? Someone of Tevez's ability would be making $20m in an equivalent position here. there obviously are a lot of bonuses that footballers get that bring things a little closer in line but their standard wages are a almost always lower than American star athletes especially if they're not playing for a Top 4 club.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's not forget THE #1 earning sportsman. The man who goes to work once, maybe twice a year and just about works up a sweat.

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/29bo8wm.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

That motherfucker.

Is he still fighting? Got out of jail recently didn't he, lolz

The top golfers make more than anyone.

edit: Well I think Woods and Mickelson did anyway. I remember seeing both their names at the top of those lists at one point.

edit 2: Just checked and that was true up until this year. Mayweather then Pacquiao.

elsk

Banned
Googled it. Wow most of them only make 5 figures I thought it was much higher. What is del piero making in the a league?

http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

They make a lot compared to what they could make in the rest of CONCACAF leagues (except México). MLS is all about being sustentable, so they all pay the salaries as a whole. The only exceptions are the franchise players, they don't get a salary cap and the club itself has to pay the salary.

Götze goal > Schürrle goal

gtzus24s8k.gif

Klopp agrees too:

kloppob5s7k.gif

Too bad Kuba didn't finish his run :(

kuba0lsye.gif

/wat, they're running at a higher frame rate for me in Chrome as opposed to Firefox - weird

Top Bottom