• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Götze goal > Schürrle goal

gtzus24s8k.gif

This is stunning.

Meier

What do MLS players typically get paid, outside of Beckham/Donovan?
There are only about 20-25 players in the entire league that make 6 figures a year. It's kind of crazy really.

Soccer won't fully grow here until athletes can make $5-10m a year in the MLS. If you're a 16 year old incredible athlete who grew up playing a lot of sports, you'll focus on American football, baseball or basketball because it offers a greater chance at wealth here.

Now that were talking about money in sport, from the 2014 season I am speculating that United will be earning £120m more ever year.

#basedglazers

elsk

Banned
There are only about 20-25 players in the entire league that make 6 figures a year. It's kind of crazy really.

Soccer won't fully grow here until athletes can make $5-10m a year in the MLS. If you're a 16 year old incredible athlete who grew up playing a lot of sports, you'll focus on American football, baseball or basketball because it offers a greater chance at wealth here.

I don't see it that way. Well, maybe for a part of the kids that could be true but if you like football now you'll have a chance to actually learn how to play in the numerous gigantic academies most MLS clubs are building. Obviously the big picture will always be moving to Europe, as it should be.

If I understand correctly, the home grown players are apart from the rest of players in the MLS. You can have a separate budget for that, and if you sell the player most of the income ends for the club and not the league like it's the case of selling the current (not homegrown) players.

For example the DC United already 'built' a player like Andy Najar. He's very young and surely will make the move to Europe in a year or two if he continues his development.

Meier

I don't see it that way. Well, maybe for a part of the kids that could be true but if you like football now you'll have a chance to actually learn how to play in the numerous gigantic academies most MLS clubs are building. Obviously the big picture will always be moving to Europe, as it should be.

Trust me, it's the case. The end goal is to make money -- a lot of fast guys who play CB/WR could be molded into wingers and the like but they'd rather focus on American football because they can get a college scholarship, play in front of 100k people and then make millions of dollars right off the bat. MLS will always be a fringe sport here until there is a HUGE infusion of money and the minimum salary is at least $500k like every other top sport.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Trust me, it's the case. The end goal is to make money -- a lot of fast guys who play CB/WR could be molded into wingers and the like but they'd rather focus on American football because they can get a college scholarship, play in front of 100k people, fuck drunk bitches and then make millions of dollars right off the bat. MLS will always be a fringe sport here until there is a HUGE infusion of money and the minimum salary is at least $500k like every other top sport.

Agree 100%.

elsk

Banned
Trust me, it's the case. The end goal is to make money -- a lot of fast guys who play CB/WR could be molded into wingers and the like but they'd rather focus on American football because they can get a college scholarship, play in front of 100k people and then make millions of dollars right off the bat. MLS will always be a fringe sport here until there is a HUGE infusion of money and the minimum salary is at least $500k like every other top sport.

That's the thing. I read an article about MLS teams already moving from the college thing, like the Vancouver Whitecaps. They have a full-focused academy, and the youth players get paid instead of going to college football (wasted time).

I can see the MLS getting 500k salaries for home grown players in the future. Hell, Najar earns 108k already.

But Europe will always be the maximum objective, because of Champions League (and more money).

I love going under the covers and seeing how long I can stand. Or farting directly on my fingers and waving them under my brother's nose. That shit burns slow.
A friend of mine would fart on his father's pillow in the afternoon when his father was out. He always asked if anybody else noticed that awful smell during the night the next day

Wilbur

Banned
A friend of mine would always fart on his father's pillow in the afternoon when his father was out. He always asked if anybody else noticed that awful smell during the night the next day

There was a girl at the cinema I didn't like and she always left her locker open. So I used to fart in her bag when I was getting changed.

Interview with Pirlo on banned website where he says he was negotiating with Chelsea but then Milan decided not to let him go.

edit: lol it's that time is it? I better fuck off so I can squeeze in Sherlock on blu-ray before bed.

Top Bottom