• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
And he'd put in a virtuoso display. We're in for a really tough game if Moussa's fit; I love Joe Allen, and Sahin etc, but Dembele and Sandro offer much more in the strength department. Saying that, Lucas could be back for the Spurs game, thus making Sandro irrelevant.

It will be an interesting game. I don't remember the last time Liverpool scored against us but Suarez is in excellent form, I don't really think our defense will be able to stop him scoring this time around. No King, no Kaboul, no BAE, Walker in rubbish form.

Cuddler

Juventus better win tonight, I have the flu :( and to watch the match I have to miss my weekly dose of Modern Family. :( Beeeeeeellllllliiiieeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeee!!!!

Capello: "Championship? In Italy there is no competition. Juventus will win easily."

I have to agree with him. It's ours to lose.

Inter looked vulnerable against smaller sides. Losing to Siena, Atalanta, Roma and ALMOST to Cagliari, not good enough. Napoli still just as inconsistent as last season. And Lazio wasting time in Turin summed up their ambitions. Fiorentina are mighty impressive though!

He also compared Giovinco to Zola. Leave him alone Capello. :(
I've watched the whole interview, it was really interesting.
Gentlemen, in a classic stroke of failure I have tickets to the opera tonight when Juventus plays Chelsea. I know, rookie mistake. I'll be grabbing a download of the match when I get back and will attempt to avoid spoilers before I get home. As a result, let me go ahead and get out all my responses ahead of time, and in no particular order. JuveGAF feel free to repost these during the match in my stead.

QUAGLIARELLLLAAAAAAAAA

fucking WAKE UP vucinic what are you doing?

cross the ball LOW porca puttana, these guys have no sense.

bonucci ffs.

NICKY B: TOP STRIKER

Well, at least we can focus on Serie A now.

Pirloooooooohhhhhh

fuck.

giovinco is SHITTTT TAKE HIM OFF ALESSIO WHAT THE FUCK

LOL TORRES

Vidal is in beast mode

ohhhh principinoooooooo

crossbar fuck this game.

That should about cover it.

lol, true, but you missed one about Matri, this tells me how much consideration people have right now about him.

MPW

But back to Benzema. His goal was a beauty, but you might argue that Messi scores those every week. Indeed he does, but there's a sense in which Benzema does things for Madrid that Messi doesn't quite do for Barcelona. Tito Vilanova seemed slightly piqued at the suggestion, after the 3-1 win against Zaragoza, that it was all Messi's doing, and that there was an increasing dependency on the Argentine. Well, Madrid apologists have been saying that for several seasons now, but although it would be wrong to underestimate the power of the Barcelona system to help Messi do what he does, he remains an individualist supreme, almost passing the ball at times as if he just couldn't be bothered to do it all himself again. And of course it's more pertinent to look at Cristiano Ronaldo, and the way in which he seems to pass to a team-mate as a last resort. His involvement in Real Madrid's best moves is usually to finish them off, not to initiate or develop them. Benzema, on the other hand, brings everyone into the game.

It's an unusual skill, but his subtle changes of direction and the unpredictable angles of his passes encourage fellow forwards and midfielders to make runs into spaces that would not normally constitute the delivery areas of a centre-forward. He can receive quite high up the pitch, but then drop back into advanced midfield positions carrying the ball and waiting for players to make runs either side of him. He can drift out wide, allowing others to fill the normal striker zones, and then supply them like a winger, but most of all he is extremely difficult to read, with almost imperceptible changes of pace and the vision of pass that reminds me of Michael Laudrup. He's generous, and less obsessed with scoring than Ronaldo and Higuain. When he's good, Madrid can beat anyone. In truth, he's the player that Barcelona most fear. Although Ronaldo is making a habit of scoring against them, they still feel that he's easier to shackle, easier to frustrate. Benzema's stealth worries them. He's a Barcelona-type player.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1231834/ball:-hunting-cats-and-sausages?cc=5901

benz > higuain

Kenka

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRNN

Gomez is back!

2012-03-14-mario-gomez-haut.jpg

So far it looks like hot garbage.

The original Wii may have been severely limited, but at least it worked.
The Wii U seems limited and broken at the moment. ZombiU and NSMBU look decent though.
I wish Nintendo would just concentrate on one platform. They were spread too thin even during the DS?Wii years and I think things will overwhelm them with the WiiU.

avoid at all costs!

Not. Almost minuscule leap in graphical performance, any game you buy digitally is locked to that system, can only use account on system it was registered on, a myriad of technical faults on all third party titles, shit battery life of gamepad, insanely long load times in the OS as well as a number of design fuckups in the menus.

It's pretty much a massive crock of shit.
Well, cannot be clearer, I guess :x
I'll rent it to play Mario, ZombiU and CoD.

Clegg

Beckham will come back to United to fulfill Fergie's dream of having the oldest midfield in world football.

Giggs/Scholes/Beckham three man midfield.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Antonio Cassano gets a two-match ban for insulting the referee after the game with Cagliari, Andrea Stramaccioni one match.

jbRCCFYobeE4G.jpg

Juventus better win tonight, I have the flu :( and to watch the match I have to miss my weekly dose of Modern Family. :( Beeeeeeellllllliiiieeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeee!!!!

Our sacrifices shall be rewarded my friend.

Cuddler too said:
lol, true, but you missed one about Matri, this tells me how much consideration people have right now about him.

iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

And to top it off, Fade actually rates him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shakhtar are rooting for Juve apparently.

Interesting stats:
Juventus are 2nd in chances created in the Champions League behind Real Madrid. They're 2nd in chances wasted too… behind Real Madrid.

Chelsea: Have the best shooting accuracy in the Champions League this season, hitting the target with 56.9% of their attempts on goal.

Last season Vidal made more tackles (133) than Pirlo (57) & Marchisio (59) put together. Holy shit at Pirlo, I never knew he made that many tackles!!

Zabojnik

I have a bad feeling about this game. It's been a shitty day so far. Hoping that the match will make it better NEVER works for me. Like, never ever. It usually ends up being a shitty cherry on the top of a shitty cake. Maybe this once ...

Feorax

Some reports saying Torres dropped, Hazard upfront tonight.

So thats both Chelsea and the Spanish National Team that prefers to play midfielders upfront over him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Everyone is reporting this lineup:

Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Vucinic.

Except for La Stampa, who replaced Vucinic with Giovinco.

I'm also hearing RDM dropped Torres from the XI and is going to use Eden Hazard upfront. Sounds... dangerous. Edit: Beaten by Feorax.
I have a bad feeling about this game. It's been a shitty day so far. Hoping that the match will make it better NEVER works for me. Like, never ever. It usually ends up being a shitty cherry on the a top of a shitty cake. Maybe this once ...
Win or lose, it's win-win. Go further in Europe ($$) or focus on our only realistic Trophy this season.

Sorry Chelsea-GAF, but I can't go against a barcode team tonight.
IT'S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK BABY

Very concerned about the team that RDM will put out tonight.

This is my preference:

Cech
Azpili Cahill Ivanovic Cole
Ramires Mikel
Hazard Oscar Mata
Sturridge

But... read rumours he might drop Hazard? (which would be fucking insane).

I think we should go back to 4-3-3.

Drop Oscar between Ramires and Mikel and have Mata/Hazard either side of a striker (Torres or Sturridge I have such little faith in either at this point it doesn't matter) they can still link up with Oscar and we'd be better defensively.

I bet he starts fucking Luiz though.

Edit: Seen Yurt/Feorax posts... I'd rather Mata up front but doesn't matter. Does this mean Moses plays as well? Or... Marin? Good grief, we shouldn't have these issues ffs. Should have brought another striker in close season.

Feorax

I would expect Sturridge to play on the right, so it would be:

Sturridge Mata Oscar
Hazard

At least if Sturridge is on the wing, RDM can put a bit of a leash on him blowing great chances.

dc89

I can not believe my stupidity at times. On Sky Bet app I was just messing about seeing how much I'd get if I bet my balance (£19) on a random bet. Instead of pressing the big X to cancel it I end up pressing Place Bet.

.... :/

I think I'm done if this comes off. I'll withdraw my £35 and call it a day and go buy Hitman.

I would expect Sturridge to play on the right, so it would be:

Sturridge Mata Oscar
Hazard

At least if Sturridge is on the wing, RDM can put a bit of a leash on him blowing great chances.

You're probably right but I think starting Sturridge on the right would be an odd move. I wonder if we're actually likely to play Bertrand on the left like we did in CL final/earlier in the season.

3Sixty

I can not believe my stupidity at times. On Sky Bet app I was just messing about seeing how much I'd get if I bet my balance (£19) on a random bet. Instead of pressing the big X to cancel it I end up pressing Place Bet.

.... :/

I think I'm done if this comes off. I'll withdraw my £35 and call it a day and go buy Hitman.

lol What was the bet?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sturridge Mata Oscar
Hazard

That's actually pretty damn good. If you put Torres (reference point) upfront, Chiellini would snuff him out.

Case in point: Ibra, Cavani, Klose, Di Natale etc. All of them never managed to score against us (with Conte), mobile false strikers like El Shaarawy and Pandev bagged in a few.

Edit: And Oscar. :p

dc89

Uhhh Sky Sports News says PSG are one of the clubs interested in signing Beckham.

Isn't he really old now?

Shirt sales! Lets face it, if Beckham rolled up at your club you'd want a shirt with his name on it. Well I would.

Actually, nahhhh, got plenty of English midfielders at City.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
News filtering through that Rangers may have won their appeal in the 'Big Tax Case'. Which probably means the club died for nothing. :lol :lol :lol

Kenka

I'm ok with Juve winning just to drink some Chelski tears :D
I agree. If Juve qualifies, Portugal will not pass them in the UEFA rankings. But of course, Milan will fail to pass the group stage, making the fight interesting till the end.
By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Hummels and Lewa are perfect fits for Juve?

pulga

Banned
I agree. If Juve qualifies, Portugal will not pass them in the UEFA rankings. But of course, Milan will fail to pass the group stage, making the fight interesting till the end.
By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Hummels and Lewa are perfect fits for Juve?

and take away my Bonucci?! NEVAAAAAHHH!!

Cunte pls

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Atletico Madrid interested in Cavani if Falcao leaves, would be a great deal if you ask me.

Antonio Cassano gets a two-match ban for insulting the referee after the game with Cagliari, Andrea Stramaccioni one match.

jbRCCFYobeE4G.jpg
Why i'm not surprised? Was any AC Milan's player/staff
/Galliani
banned when they argued with the ref at HT after muntari's goal? NOPE.
btw the ref said "I couldnt see for a second, some players got in my way.", those useless goal refs(and the linesman) didn't see anything too?

Top Bottom