• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Who's the Cowboys fan in here again? RG3 is killin y'all.

Sviatoslav

ibgz58YuLpUFdm.gif

He lost an avatar bet to my team, that's why had the Falcao avatar for 2 weeks

LOL

Zabojnik

Can Dortmund pay all their wages, debts, etc without selling players?

Can't they? I thought they were making buckets of money and had no real need to sell players, but have always been willing to let them go if they wanted to.

Also, Mario Götze is amazing. I had flashbacks of '98 Del Piero watching him play the other day. He does what he fucking wants.

dc89

Back from 5 a side. Well actually it was 6 this week. Played the same old Assassin role but nabbed 3 goals with some bursts forward.

So.... Pirlo role I guess.

elsk

Banned
Can't they? I thought they were making buckets of money and had no real need to sell players, but have always been willing to let them go if they wanted to.

I have no idea. I mean, selling Sahin or Kagawa wasn't because they needed money but because they wanted to leave. But I'm wondering if they can pay all their expenses without selling any player

Just finished the Walking Dead....

Spoilers ahead for those that have played it...

:((((((((( lee is one of my favourite characters in gaming. My mouth was agape during the final scene.

One of the best games of this year and this gen, for sure.

Clegg

United's and City's midfield are pretty similar in quality, if you take out Toure.

And even he hasn't played particularly well this season.

elsk

Banned
United's and City's midfield are pretty similar in quality, if you take out Toure.

And even he hasn't played particularly well this season.

I don't know about that, Javi García is pretty decent midfielder. Manchester United don't even have a true DM.
Manchester United midfield: two old guys, Cleverly-Anderson (attacking mids) and Carrick (the only one who knows how to defend and attack).

Messi

So I am watching Happy Feet 2 and it's shit except for Brad Pitt and Matt Damon. Those two are fantastic. I'd watch a movie about those two.

Clegg

Really? Even Rodwell would walk into your team.

I haven't seen anything from Rodwell to suggest he'd be a starter for United. And our midfield is painfully average. He'd be on the bench.

You could swap Clev and Anderson for Milner and Barry and you wouldn't really notice a difference in quality.

Javi Garcia may be a good player but he hasn't really stood out at City. That leaves Toure as the standout player.

elsk

Banned
I haven't seen anything from Rodwell to suggest he'd be a starter for United. And our midfield is painfully average. He'd be on the bench.

You could swap Clev and Anderson for Milner and Barry and you wouldn't really notice a difference in quality.

Javi Garcia may be a good player but he hasn't really stood out at City. That leaves Toure as the standout player.

Clev and Anderson don't know how to defend, so they're pretty useless in a 4-2-3-1. You need at least one defending mid in the midfield.

3Sixty

Milner and Barry aren't really starters though.

United have without a doubt the worst midfield out of any of the big teams.

Morgan Schneiderlin would walk into the first XI

Clegg

United definitely have a poor midfield in comparison to the best in Europe. Carrick/Anderson/Clev are decent enough imo. If they were playing for a mid table team we'd be saying they're actually good players. But there isn't any getting around the fact they're presently good enough. Clev and Ando still have some time to improve but they'd better get a move on.

If only Fletcher was actually healthy. He was a genuinely class midfielder. Strootman seems to have something about him. Hopefully we sign him as we desperately in need of some fresh blood.

K1LLER7

I'd take Silva and Toure from City's midfield. Nasri too on a good day.

I'd take Chelseas midfield over most in the PL. Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Ramires would walk into a number of teams.

Not a fan of mikel. All they need is a striker and a better DM. maybe a CB.

oh and a manager that will last longer than 1 year.

elsk

Banned
If only Fletcher was actually healthy. He was a genuinely class midfielder. Strootman seems to have something about him. Hopefully we sign him as we desperately in need of some fresh blood.

What happened to Fletcher? You guys ruined him like Owen Hargreaves? That's why you can't have a good DM!

Clegg

I'd take Silva and Toure from City's midfield.

I'd take Chelseas midfield over most in the PL. Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Ramires would walk into a number of teams.

Not a fan of mikel. All they need is a striker and a better DM. maybe a CB.

I don't consider Hazard or Mata to be midfielders. They play up front basically and drop deeper to collect the ball. Ramires is a player I'd consider to be a midfielder. And he's a damn fine one too.

Clev/Ando/Carrick/Scholes/Giggs ar United's midfielders. Kagawa isn't as he plays further up the field. So did Powell but SAF seems to want him as a CM. Hopefully he'll develop well there. He was pretty decent against Galatasary.

Clegg

What happened to Fletcher? You guys ruined him like Owen Hargreaves? That's why you can't have a good DM!

He has a very serious bowel disease. He lost an awful lot of weight due to his condition as has t go on a very strict diet and training schedule to maintain himself.

He was seriously ill last season and was given time off to recover. He's back now but you can tell that he's not the same player anymore. He used to snap into tackles and harry the opposition. He could also run for the entire length of the game and come back for more. He's not able for that now. His disease has definitely weakened him.

K1LLER7

I don't consider Hazard or Mata to be midfielders. They play up front basically and drop deeper to collect the ball. Ramires is a player I'd consider to be a midfielder. And he's a damn fine one too.

Clev/Ando/Carrick/Scholes/Giggs ar United's midfielders. Kagawa isn't as he plays further up the field. So did Powell but SAF seems to want him as a CM. Hopefully he'll develop well there. He was pretty decent against Galatasary.

I see what your saying. Agree with getting in new blood. Hopefully this Strootman thing comes through.

Clegg

When Jon Obi Mikel was 18, he was as highly rated as Aguero and Messi were at the same age.

Seems strange when you look at how the latter have developed into world class attacking players while the former is just a decent enough holding midfielder.

Can Dortmund pay all their wages, debts, etc without selling players?

Of course, BVB earned a cool 35m in 11/12 despite new contracts for Hummels, Götze, Piszczek, Kuba (& Reus) which always entail one-time/agent fees and a shitty CL season.

Borussia Dortmund announces preliminary results for the financial year 2011/2012

No one has to leave unless they're not needed or bitch & moan or ask for indecent wages (as compared to the rest of their team and their standing).
The debt is almost non-existent by now, only some 40m long-term obligations which cannot be repaid prematurely.

----
No one's going to (want to) leave except for Lewandowski, Perisic or Subotic (less likely). Götze will stay put at the very least until 2014, same goes for Reus. That is if we qualify for CL, which is not that far-fetched at this point.

elsk

Banned
Of course, BVB earned a cool 35m in 11/12 despite new contracts for Hummels, Götze, Piszczek, Kuba (& Reus) which always entail one-time/agent fees and a shitty CL season.

Borussia Dortmund announces preliminary results for the financial year 2011/2012

No one has to leave unless they're not needed or bitch & moan or ask for indecent wages (as compared to the rest of their team and their standing).
The debt is almost non-existent by now, only some 40m long-term obligations which cannot be repaid prematurely.

----
No one's going to (want to) leave except for Lewandowski, Perisic or Subotic (less likely). Götze will stay put at the very least until 2014, same goes for Reus. That is if we qualify for CL, which is not that far-fetched at this point.

But how much profit they made? (I think that's the world to describe the money left after the expenses are paid, right?)

Top Bottom