• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Lightning

Banned
Hope Redknapp is made QPR manager. His banter about Arsenal wound me up at times but he was nice to have around and the drop from Spurs to QPR is his just deserves after baiting Arsenal like he did last season.

Salvadora

The Times is reporting that Arsenal's deal with Adidas is worth 22 million a year. Oh and apparently we are in front to sign Huntelaar in January according to Erik Meijer.

pulga

Banned
Living off credit from his Villa goal like 5 years ago. Don't know why he hasn't been sold to a Serie B side yet, he'll never feature regularly.

Just Fucking Cried :'(

omg lololol the Juve ones have been on fire. Just Fix, Cunte is my fave

Yen

The Times is reporting that Arsenal's deal with Adidas is worth 22 million a year. Oh and apparently we are in front to sign Huntelaar in January according to Erik Meijer.

"I heard it too", the striker was quoted as saying by Voetbal Primeur, when asked about Meijer’s comments.

"If that’s the case, then he knows more than I do because I know nothing [about it]", he concluded.

Zabojnik

tumblr_mdy7ueRGs81rhcbgoo1_500.gif

WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! It's low budget as hell, but I'm loving the new Jojo anime. First one I've watched in what feels like years, since they're all so incredibly shitty these days. Can't wait for Battle Tendency (Part 2) to start in a few weeks. Bring on the swag.

That's right, I made an anime related post.

Wilbur

Banned
---->

Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are set to sever their long and glittering association with Chelsea at the end of the season after Rafael Benítez marked his first full day in interim charge of the club by confirming the break-up of the European Cup-winning team will continue in the summer.

Asked if he thought the players would leave in the summer, Benítez said: "I think so. I don't have all the information and it's not fair to tell me I'm only here for seven months and then expect me to have an influence at the club over the next two or three years, but I think that's the case at the moment."

Benítez will continue to consider both for selection, though Lampard is still suffering from a calf injury. The manager has spoken to all his playing squad since taking up the reins on Thursday – he oversaw his first full training session on Friday in preparation for Sunday's visit of Manchester City – and been reassured by those older members of the squad that there are no lingering issues from the combustible rivalry they endured with his Liverpool side from 2004-10. "I had a conversation with John Terry today and it was quite positive," said the Spaniard. "He knows: he's a winner, I'm a winner. It's simple."

Equally impressed has been Abramovich, who enjoyed a three-hour dinner with the ninth manager he has appointed in nine years before Benítez emerged from that first meeting of employer and employee convinced he will be able to pick his team without influence from above. "The priority of the owner was whether I'm a good manager, a good coach, if the players understand me and if we'll be a winning team," he said. "He was very clear with that and happy with the things I've said. My impression of him was he's a nice person. You can talk with him and he understands and he likes to see you have clear ideas.

"I've had quite a lot of different owners, presidents and chairmen in my 26 years in football and they all liked to talk about football and find out what was going on. If you have confidence in yourself and can explain yourself, everyone can understand. But after the owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett] we had at Anfield – they didn't love each other – this will be easier. I know who the person is in charge."

Benítez rolled his eyes at Ferguson's words. "I've missed training the players and improving my team, even if the other things are part of football now," he said. "I like to talk about football but, if people push you… well, if you want to win, maybe you have to push back. I have to defend my team, my club. I like to respect people but sometimes I cannot because they push me. When I came to England I knew the other managers, and Arsène Wenger, who had been [at Arsenal] for a while, was the best manager here. But I cannot talk about these things every day. So I concentrate on my team and Manchester City on Sunday."

Fernando Torres will start that fixture, with his compatriot convinced he can squeeze form from the £50m British record signing. "I don't need to talk too much to Fernando because he knows me and what I'm looking for," he said. "My idea isn't just to improve Fernando but the whole team. I can't just focus on him. But when I look at him I see a player with commitment and a desire to improve, just as I do when I look at the others."

Empty

hope fergie cracks benitez again

i mean i respect the guy and think he's a very good manager but he's back to being the enemy now.

Kyoufu

Rafa Benitez on whether Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard will leave Chelsea in the summer: "I think so, that's the case at the moment" #SSN

Salazar

Rafa Benitez on whether Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard will leave Chelsea in the summer: "I think so, that's the case at the moment" #SSN

Intrigued to see how Rafa reacts to David Luiz's occasional buccaneering imbecility.

I would imagine it would make him mad.

Top Bottom