• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zab, Yurt, I trust Caceres and Marrone to do a decent job and even Lulcio tbh, but couldn't we just switch to a 4-3-3?
I do too. Not so much agent Merda.

According to Cunte, a 4-3-3 is more defensive than our 3-5-2. And having watched the Chelsea game three times, I believe him. It seemed like some form of 3-2-5 with the ball, which is even more mental than his original 4-2-4 isn't it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nathan don't get yourself banned you poop.

^What's the story behind your tag bud? One of the best on gaf easily :p

bud

that wasn't me. mine only featured a large and beautiful phallus with one nut hanging lower than the other.

the main focus of it, however, was the amount of leg hair that i have. i think we were talking about that at the time.

Carbonox

Qatar 2022 stadium

A8YKnUDCAAAZj52.jpg:large

A real life Luca stadium from Final Fantasy X? :O

that wasn't me. mine only featured a large and beautiful phallus with one nut hanging lower than the other.

the main focus of it, however, was the amount of leg hair that i have. i think we were talking about that at the time.

It was well illustrated. I certainly learned much about you leg hair that day.

Wilbur

Banned
'Arry says:
"I want it to happen, so it shouldn't be that difficult a deal to do," Redknapp told BBC Sport.

"It's going to be a tough job but it's a challenge. When you've only got four points at this stage of the season it couldn't get any harder than that."

The 65-year-old said he was eager to complete his move to QPR and attend their Premier League game against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday.

"I want to go up and watch the game because I haven't seen them (QPR) play live," he said. "I've only watched the games on TV so I really want to watch them play.

"I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get a deal done. If you want something to happen you'll do it."

Redknapp, who has been out of management for five months after being dismissed from his role at Spurs in June, hopes to meet the QPR squad before the game.

He said he expected this to be the toughest assignment of his managerial career, though he compared it to his second stint at Portsmouth, when he saved the club from relegation in the 2005-06 season.

"That would be the closest," he said. "I went back to Portsmouth and they were struggling desperately and we managed to turn that round.

"That was a fantastic time for me, I really had a great time doing that, so let's hope we can do the same for QPR.

"It's a very similar club in many ways - small stadium and fantastic supporters who can make all the difference. The atmosphere they can create will make all the difference to us staying up or going down."

But the former Spurs manager believes QPR possess the talent to improve their situation.
"There's quality there," he said. "The teams who have been down there with four points at this point of the season have all gone down, so let's hope we can break the mould."

PaulLFC

So we just hired Steve Peters for our backroom staff. He was the sports psychiatrist for British Cycling:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers brings Great Britain Olympic cycling psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters to Anfield

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has recruited the country’s leading sports psychiatrist, Dr Steve Peters, to strengthen his Anfield backroom team.

Peters, credited with inspiring the all-conquering Great Britain Olympic cycling team, has been working at Anfield for the past two months, offering private surgeries to senior players and coaching staff.

Rodgers says there is no compulsion for anyone to see Peters, but his introduction has been warmly received. He has been spending one day a week at the Melwood training ground, discussing the demands of being a top level sportsman on a one-to-one basis.
Last season, Peters added former Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy to a high profile list of sports clients.

He is best known for working with the likes of Sir Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton.
“We have brought in a guy who is the top man in his field, one of the leaders in the world at what he does and it is a real coup for us to get someone like that in,” said Rodgers.

“I see it as a part of the development of the player. The modern game is very much about the psychological aspect of it. I will do lots of technical training, tactical training and physical training and sometimes what gets bypassed is the mental tuning for players. So it is for every age really. It is not solely for players but staff and other people. He has been fantastic since he was involved.

“It is about elite performance. As a manager, it can be lonely as well when you are the leader and trying to drive and lead the club forward. It is always good to have other people. I have my staff around me and they are outstanding, but it is always nice to have a different set of eyes with different experiences.

“At the clubs I have been at I have always used neurologists. “I must stress it is not a psychologist. It is neurology.”

Rodgers returns to Swansea on Sunday with midfielder Joe Allen for the first time since leaving for Anfield. “For me there are certainly no regrets. Swansea was a great time in my life but you move on professionally,” Rodgers said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-psychiatrist-Dr-Steve-Peters-to-Anfield.html

Could be a very good appointment for us. Who knows, he might even be able to give Downing some confidence.

PaulLFC

You can get banned for ms paint poop? lol seems like a bizarre way to go.
Yeah just a bit :lol

"So what did you get banned from GAF for?"
"I posted a rant over in Gaming somewhere, insulted quite a few people. Not the best idea really. And you?"
"I posted a cartoon poo. I drew it myself as well, you know."

Fintan

Wilbur

Banned
It must be very fun to be friend of Wilbury IRL

It's just like on here really except I actually make you anal cakes

Why the fuck he hasn't edited it yet?

Because I'm not of the belief I'll be banned for posting a cartoon of a poop. If I am then... I am I suppose :lol. Honestly, poop isn't bad. Bud went dick deep on us all, that's why he was banned surely

Messi

It's just like on here really except I actually make you anal cakes

Because I'm not of the belief I'll be banned for posting a cartoon of a poop. If I am then... I am I suppose :lol. Honestly, poop isn't bad. Bud went dick deep on us all, that's why he was banned surely

The other guys mspaint job was better. he was upside down on the toilet with poop spraying everywhere.

Fry

But you drew one that has your legs wide open dropping plunkies.

Zabojnik

Zab, Yurt, I trust Caceres and Marrone to do a decent job and even Lulcio tbh, but couldn't we just switch to a 4-3-3?

I do too. Not so much agent Merda.

According to Cunte, a 4-3-3 is more defensive than our 3-5-2. And having watched the Chelsea game three times, I believe him. It seemed like some form of 3-3-5 with the ball, which is even more mental than his original 4-2-4 isn't it?

I don't disagree with Conte, but it's not so much about which one is more offensive. It's about having a backup formation to which we can switch to on the fly, when 3-5-2 clearly isn't cutting it. And there *will* be games when it won't, I can assure you, especially if we somehow manage to make it to the next CL stage. What's more, while 3-5-2 is ideal for having Keiser Bonucci, Chiellini and Barzagli on the pitch at the same time, it sucks for Lichtsteiner (he's a RB first and foremost), Matri (he comes alive when he has two WFs serving him) and - debatable, I know - Giovinco, who I'd really like to see used as WF.

It just seems such a waste not to go with 4-3-3 sometimes, since it worked so well for us last season.

Not feeling the After Dark tonight lads.
Ok let's kick it up a notch

iHbul4gv26eNm.png

He sent me a total of 18 pms and he added me on Skype. Super nice guy though, managed to have a few conversations that weren't this weird.

By the way, Yurt mentioning my curly hair here twice left me with great suspicion.

Top Bottom