• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If they play good football, they deserve every point they get.

I don't even care about the quality of football. The table doesn't lie, if you can win games you deserve to be up there.

I only watched the first half, but he did ok, I guess. Both goals were 'world class hits', I think he would have saved them 3 years ago.

Serious question, does Reina ever actually make a match winning save any more? It seems like he's just there to scoop the ball out of the net these days, the last time I checked his save percentage was atrocious.

Fry

Serious question, does Reina ever actually make a match winning save any more? It seems like he's just there to scoop the ball out of the net these days, the last time I checked his save percentage was atrocious.

No, actually :(

At least he doesn't do THAT that Mignolet just did :lol

dc89

Anyone else notice the A.J arse kissing stopped since he's joined Sunderland. The myth of him being a brilliant player has been uncovered.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Horrendous from Mignolet.

And he calls himself Belgian. *tsk*

No, actually :(

At least he doesn't do THAT that Mignolet just did :lol

Didn't he have an awful gaffe in the Europa this season? I think Liverpool won the game anyway, though.

Bo-Locks

I get the feeling that something like that goalkeeping mistake is destined to happen to the Belgian national team in a major championship.

Clegg

Swansea aren't that good, Meus. And it's ridiculous to say they have the potential to be candidates for European football. They play some decent football but it's really nothing special. They also have a mediocre defence.

West Brom are the team you should be admiring.

Viva RT'd this. Official PSG account saying AC3 will join in summer, they quickly deleted it. Very quickly.

FFs, this is a joke. Who will replace him? Bertrand has the long term potential but needs more experience (and to play in a more organised back 4) which means we're going to go and spend probably a god awful amount of somebody who has put in 5 good performances.

Also not happy we're letting our English spine (first joe cole, now cole/Lampard possibly sturridge too then terry next season) go without replacing them with decent English players. We have Bertrand… I find it unlikely mceachran will ever get a proper chance in the first team.

dc89

When we retain the title and lift it again in May, I wonder if people say those 3 points City got at West Brom were vital.

10 men Man City are the only team to beat West Brom on their turf at the moment, considering they beat Chelsea, it's quite an achievement.

Choc

Banned
O'Neill will be the next manager sacked

also i am a sunderland fan

what makes me kinda puzzled is (and yeah ok this is based on FM 13 :p) cuducini is sitting gathering dust @ spurs and is cheap and low wages

why the fuck don't we sign him :\ he is quality still

:|

anyway, yeah O'Neilll will go if this keeps up

Nintendo fans are so butthurt at the moment. You'd think people were in the wrong for expecting the WiiU to be better than the 360 was when it was released. The 360 is 7 years old.

@steverulez, fuck English players

GorillaJu

Swansea aren't that good, Meus. And it's ridiculous to say they have the potential to be candidates for European football. They play some decent football but it's really nothing special. They also have a mediocre defence.

West Brom are the team you should be admiring.

In defense of Meus, Swansea's style of football - high tempo counter attacking - is very successful in European football, in general.

ShogunX

How did Reina play on Thursday. RAWK seem to be blaming him for both goals

1353619010701.gif

1353621229465.gif

Not sure he can be blamed for either goal really. The first is hit with crazy power and the second comes through two defenders and swerves.

Salvadora

Nintendo fans are so butthurt at the moment. You'd think people were in the wrong for expecting the WiiU to be better than the 360 was when it was released. The 360 is 7 years old.

New console launches are always pretty bad on GAF from both sides. Not looking forward to to upcoming console wars.

New console launches are always pretty bad on GAF from both sides. Not looking forward to to upcoming console wars.

Glad I wasn't here when the PS3 launched. That was when my still rampant fanboyism was at its worst, and I'd have got myself banned :D

@steve, it wasn't because they're English, it was because Terry and Lampard (and Cole) were brilliant players. Buying English guarantees nothing. Downing, Cole and Koncjesky, aside from being shite, are 3 of the biggest pussies I've seen play for us

Slizz

I like that most of you guys brave the Gaming side and then share your findings here. This is great cause I can voluntarily ignore the Gaming side.

Clegg

In defense of Meus, Swansea's style of football - high tempo counter attacking - is very successful in European football, in general.

They may have a style that's successful in Europe but it's nowhere near the quality of the best proponents of that style.

They're a slightly above average footballing team.

FFs, this is a joke. Who will replace him? Bertrand has the long term potential but needs more experience (and to play in a more organised back 4) which means we're going to go and spend probably a god awful amount of somebody who has put in 5 good performances.

Also not happy we're letting our English spine (first joe cole, now cole/Lampard possibly sturridge too then terry next season) go without replacing them with decent English players. We have Bertrand… I find it unlikely mceachran will ever get a proper chance in the first team.

I think we should hold on to Cole too. He is too good to be let go on a free.

Also I think our spine is turning into a Belgian/Brazilian spine instead of an English one.

Choc

Banned
just as an aside i think messi on Fm 13 is broken

i suicided a team earlier tonight by signing him (financially destroyed the club)

to pry him away i needed to offer 331 million pounds and 450k a week wages

thats fuckin LUDICROUS. he would go for a lot of money but man, thats gotta be a bug

ShogunX

There will be blood everywhere.

One of my favourite threads here is the Forza 3 V GT5 thread. It's glorious, so many bans. And the way Bish lays the smackdown in the op is masterful.

That thread was glorious and ended up being a free for all that I personally trolled the shit out of with pictures of low resolution GT5 cars :)

Fry

So, Wii U, huh. Nintendo getting ahead of Sony and Microsoft again, in order to fail again? And I mean in terms of hardware. I doubt Xbox 720 and PS4 won't be three times as better.

I won't touch a new console for years.

Top Bottom