• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Kyoufu fumes when he sees formations :lol

Personally that selection would be my favourite if you swapped Hernandez for Kagawa (when available of course); I don't think the diamond should be written off after one game. We played it but didn't play Kagawa behind the striker, it didn't necessarily work and all of a sudden we're back to 4-4-2 with fucking Ashley Young.

I don't really like starting Hernandez in games as well, you see how he stretches a tired defence. Personally if we could get Hernandez and Scholes on for the last half hour of games instead of starting them, we'd do well. Scholes is far better in situations where his fitness isn't really needed to rely upon; he's the most intelligent player with the ball at his feet on most football pitches, but after 10 minutes of trying to keep up with players he just didn't play well.

Rio was poor today as well, so Smalling & Evans get my shout from now on. I really rate Smalling, higher than Jones and Evans but its unlikely Rio's going to be rotated too often, especially if we have West Ham (away?), where he's got experience. But the three man midfield would be a good shout for me, and if we are away I can see Frogson considering it.
Kyoufu has horrible taste. Do one Ky.

Yeah just picking this team out on currently available players. I agree about Hernandez being effective off the bench. But the good thing about having him as an out and out striker is that it allows both Rooney and RVP to be free and create danger. They are by far our two best players and make things happen. Rooney wasn't at it today but even so he did create alot of chances, the pass to RVP at the end was just class.

Speaking of Rooney, I really don't like how we moved him all over today. It's great that he is capable of doing it and selfless enough to do it, he was even diving back as the last defender at one point. But we need to stop messing about, if other players in the squad aren't good enough to play their roles (so today Welbeck and Young), Rooney shouldn't just be moved over to cover their asses.

Really looking forwards to this weeks beautifully red. Some of Powell's touches and Rio's run are sure to be on it :D

Lightning

Banned
I'm measuring this season.

And if I was handpicking results I would remind you of the five we scored against Norwich, or the three we scored against Wigan. Instead I'm talking of the positive performance against this season's top teams.

But again, can't blame you for recoiling at the idea of evaluating team performance.
I'm not afraid of team evaulation because I already know we are not playing well and have an unbalanced and weak team. I've said for a while now we need a world class striker. Once we get one, if we get one, we should be okay.

Liverpool's performances haven't been that great. Suarez and Sterling have been great but overall Liverpool haven't really been. Rodgers is doing better than I expected and has done a marvelous job at bringing the best out of Suarez but defensively Liverpool are suspect to hell. You guys need more than just a quality striker to partner Suarez.

Giroud isn't Arsenal's problem.
But that's just it, he is. It's not his fault and he's not playing badly but Arsenal are a club that need a world class striker, our team is based on having a world class striker, and Giroud isn't up to it. We also need a striker who's finishing is class, can make goals on his own at times, and can lead from the front. Giroud cannot do any of these things.

Again, he will be well worth the money but not the type of striker we need and should be support and nothing more. He cannot lead the line, we're not going to win enough games that way.

Ando showed off his tum after Hernandez's goal loooooooool

A8fb9vzCMAQ_5lN.jpg

It looks weird. It seems like there is a layer of definition squashing all the fat to the sides.

Wilbur

Banned
Kyoufu has horrible taste. Do one Ky.

Yeah just picking this team out on currently available players. I agree about Hernandez being effective off the bench. But the good thing about having him as an out and out striker is that it allows both Rooney and RVP to be free and create danger. They are by far our two best players and make things happen. Rooney wasn't at it today but even so he did create alot of chances, the pass to RVP at the end was just class.

Speaking of Rooney, I really don't like how we moved him all over today. It's great that he is capable of doing it and selfless enough to do it, he was even diving back as the last defender at one point. But we need to stop messing about, if other players in the squad aren't good enough to play their roles (so today Welbeck and Young), Rooney shouldn't just be moved over to cover their asses.

Really looking forwards to this weeks beautifully red. Some of Powell's touches and Rio's run are sure to be on it :D

The pass was sublime, it really was. We all keep going on about the fluid front three (four if Nani gets his act together), but it seems a pipe dream at the moment. I think SAF likes Rooney in that 'hole' position which is a little worrying for me, I don't want Kagawa to be sidelined when Rooney is more than capable of playing up front or on the left. If they're always moving around like Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez did, then we're in the money with regards to our attacking play.

When we play Young and Valencia, the football we play is rigid because they're going to stick to their formations, but part of the appeal of playing Rooney and RVP up for me is that they're certainly able to drop back when Kagawa comes forward, they can put in crosses, can stretch the play wide, so I'd have no qualms of placing Rooney wide left in a nominal 4-2-3-1 and just telling him to keep swapping with van Persie/Kagawa as the play seems fit.

Powell looked promising as fuck, glided past Mbia like he wasn't even fucking there at some point.

Arnie

Liverpool's performances haven't been that great. Suarez and Sterling have been great but overall Liverpool haven't really been. Rodgers is doing better than I expected and has done a marvelous job at bringing the best out of Suarez but defensively Liverpool are suspect to hell. You guys need more than just a quality striker to partner Suarez.

Only Arsenal and Everton have outplayed us this season, the first came on the back of a depressing week for the club and the latter was during a match that we actually, ludicrous officiating aside, won.

Less than six months into Rodgers' tenure we're playing some nice flowing football, getting a lot of promising youth into the side, and developing a squad with a clear philosophy in mind. We aren't defensively strong in the midfield, but hopefully that improves when Lucas returns.

Our points tally genuinely doesn't reflect our performances, and that's why the vast majority of Liverpool fans are currently content with the situation within the club.

Kyoufu

------------Scholes --------

Anderson Giggs RVP Carrick

Giggs Welbeck Rooney Powell

--------Ferdinand Rafael ------

BEAUTIFUL

elsk

Banned
Funny how it goes sometimes. I bet you if that goal was scored in the PL by RVP or someone, Bundes-GAF would be saying "lol, PL, such a shit league, crap defending" and if it had been scored in La Liga, PL-GAF would be doing the same.

So Gomez is back huh? What's happening with Mandzukic then? 2 up front? Zukic to the bench?

Mandzukic started, but got replaced late in the game for Gómez.

Gomez goal was good, but the referee could've mark that as a foul on attack, he was lucky:

ibthVp5VcYlKZN.gif

is1ojBt6UBBH4.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Uh oh. If you lost to Bristol in a couple of weeks then I reckon he's gone.

I have a hunch the wheels are in motion already.

No foundation for that whatsoever, just a feeling I have. Seems to be the way Milan works. I get the impression Jones is going through the motions while his replacement is lined up in the same way as Irvine and Megson before him.

No shame in losing to Leicester and I would rather Jones stay and get it right, but I don't know if he will and our form is abysmal.

The pass was sublime, it really was. We all keep going on about the fluid front three (four if Nani gets his act together), but it seems a pipe dream at the moment. I think SAF likes Rooney in that 'hole' position which is a little worrying for me, I don't want Kagawa to be sidelined when Rooney is more than capable of playing up front or on the left. If they're always moving around like Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez did, then we're in the money with regards to our attacking play.

When we play Young and Valencia, the football we play is rigid because they're going to stick to their formations, but part of the appeal of playing Rooney and RVP up for me is that they're certainly able to drop back when Kagawa comes forward, they can put in crosses, can stretch the play wide, so I'd have no qualms of placing Rooney wide left in a nominal 4-2-3-1 and just telling him to keep swapping with van Persie/Kagawa as the play seems fit.

Powell looked promising as fuck, glided past Mbia like he wasn't even fucking there at some point.
Nicholas Powell is gonna be great. Wonder if he will get a PL start this season. Hopefully we can pick out a good home game for him. Ideally sometime in January, perhaps Stroot's debut.

Disclaimer - Actually dead serious about Powell I think he's got a lot of talent.

Clegg

It will be interesting to see what happens when Scholes/Giggs/Rio all retire.

Do we have enough quality in the squad to compensate for their absence, or, will we have to bring in new players to strengthen the team?

Imo we'll have to get in new CM's. Powell looks very promising but he'll only be 19/20 when Giggs and Scholes leave. I still have doubts over Clev and Ando too.

Still pinning my hopes on Daehli.

Arnie

I have a hunch the wheels are in motion already.

No foundation for that whatsoever, just a feeling I have. Seems to be the way Milan works. I get the impression Jones is going through the motions while his replacement is lined up in the same way as Irvine and Megson before him.

No shame in losing to Leicester and I would rather Jones stay and get it right, but I don't know if he will and our form is abysmal.

I quite like him, so I hope he gets a chance to turn it around. You were abysmal today though, and Leicester played some tidy stuff. Can't really remember Wednesday creating a single clear cut chance, it all seemed to be about getting fortunate with knock ons in and around the box. Bothroyd was a mixture of greed and lazyness.

That new left back was good, the City one, he gave an interview after the game and spoke really well. Talked about wanting to stay beyond the month and how the whole team needs to fight to stay in the division. Should be on Wednesday Player at some point.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Scholes/Giggs/Rio all retire.

Do we have enough quality in the squad to compensate for their absence, or, will we have to bring in new players to strengthen the team?

Imo we'll have to get i new CM's. Powell looks very promising but he'll only be 19/20 when Giggs and Scholes leave. I still have doubts over Clev and Ando too.
Defo need new players. I mean all 3 are as good as done now anyways so I think we are already coping without them, but yeah it's 3 squad places.

At CB there is nobody to step up, we would have Vidic, Smalling, Jones and Evans. Ideally we should be adding another young CB there but if Vidic is done then we need a top player IMO.

In CM we have about 5 players with Giggs and Scholes removed so I think we have the numbers there, what we need is quality so basically I think a top CM signing covers it.

How we manage to replace everything else those players bring to the club I do not know. It's impossible most likely and when Giggs and Scholes finally call time, it'll truly be the end of an era and a massive loss.

Incredibly, Ferguson will have outlasted them both.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Thank god a point. I will take it.

I was impressed with Villa. Very, very tidy and if players had been a bit more decisive when in crossing positions you could have got the 3 points. Arsenal were there for the taking, Benteke was competing well and the team was working hard.

K1LLER7

Kyoufu fumes when he sees formations :lol

Personally that selection would be my favourite if you swapped Hernandez for Kagawa (when available of course); I don't think the diamond should be written off after one game. We played it but didn't play Kagawa behind the striker, it didn't necessarily work and all of a sudden we're back to 4-4-2 with fucking Ashley Young.

I don't really like starting Hernandez in games as well, you see how he stretches a tired defence. Personally if we could get Hernandez and Scholes on for the last half hour of games instead of starting them, we'd do well. Scholes is far better in situations where his fitness isn't really needed to rely upon; he's the most intelligent player with the ball at his feet on most football pitches, but after 10 minutes of trying to keep up with players he just didn't play well.

Rio was poor today as well, so Smalling & Evans get my shout from now on. I really rate Smalling, higher than Jones and Evans but its unlikely Rio's going to be rotated too often, especially if we have West Ham (away?), where he's got experience. But the three man midfield would be a good shout for me, and if we are away I can see Frogson considering it.

I don't like us playing without width. Prefer the formation we used today/ 4-2-3-1. United rely on width and look lost when there isn't an option out wide.

In the 1st half, we needed one of the midfielders to push forward when attacking but neither Scholes or Fletcher did. It allowed QPR to take their time and get everyone behind the ball. When Ando came on, the tempo improved and the ball was moved forwards quicker due to either him picking the ball up and driving forward (3rd goal) or moving into positions to pick the ball up in their half. QPR didn't have the time as much time as in the first half to get everyone back and defend.

Either Ando/Clev should start alongside someone who'll stay back and defend Scholes/Carrick/Fletch.

Also, when Kagawa returns, he should play behind the striker, Rooney isn't the best in that No.10 position, especially when there's a bunch of players around him. His ability to thread a pass through a number of players isn't as good as Kagawa's imo and his ball controls not as good.

prefered team:

----------- De Gea ----------

Rafa - Smalling - Evans - Evra

---------- Ando - Carrick ----------

Valencia -- Kagawa -- Rooney

---------------- RVP ------------

Clegg

Defo need new players. I mean all 3 are as good as done now anyways so I think we are already coping without them, but yeah it's 3 squad places.

At CB there is nobody to step up, we would have Vidic, Smalling, Jones and Evans. Ideally we should be adding another young CB there but if Vidic is done then we need a top player IMO.

In CM we have about 5 players with Giggs and Scholes removed so I think we have the numbers there, what we need is quality so basically I think a top CM signing covers it.

How we manage to replace everything else those players bring to the club I do not know. It's impossible most likely and when Giggs and Scholes finally call time, it'll truly be the end of an era and a massive loss.

Incredibly, Ferguson will have outlasted them both.
I think Smalling and Jones will become very good players. Evans is decent but will never be top class. We'll have to wait and see how good Vidic is upon his return.

We'll need a mobile CM that can pass and tackle well. Someone that can hold his position while Clev and Ando go forward. And maybe even a new winger too.

Scholes was coaching at United before he came back so we know that he'll still be around the squad. I don't know what Giggs' plans are though. But we're definitely going to lose a ton of experience when they retire.

Bumhead

Banned
I quite like him, so I hope he gets a chance to turn it around. You were abysmal today though, and Leicester played some tidy stuff. Can't really remember Wednesday creating a single clear cut chance, it all seemed to be about getting fortunate with knock ons in and around the box. Bothroyd was a mixture of greed and lazyness.

That new left back was good, the City one, he gave an interview after the game and spoke really well. Talked about wanting to stay beyond the month and how the whole team needs to fight to stay in the division. Should be on Wednesday Player at some point.

I'm enjoying your feedback. Not getting to every game at the moment due to the nipper and Owlstalk is nuts at the minute, hah.

I'm no fan of Bothroyd, just looks like he can't be bothered. But I think we've got problems all over the field. Not rocket science though, is it. Not scoring enough and conceding too many. Football is such a simple game over complicated by so many. I fear for us. We are already in what looks like a relegation mini league and I fear we are sleepwalking through the season. So many parallels between this side and the one that cost Laws his job and towards the end of Irvine's tenure.

*sigh*

Meier

Alright Euros, time for you guys to load up a streaming site and watch the FSU-UF game. Gonna be an insane atmosphere. College football > NFL any day of the week (and I'm a huge NFL fan).

A8fk5paCMAEcpzr.jpg:large

GO NOLES!

Top Bottom