• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

elsk

Banned
I wish English universities did sport like the Americans.

The level of spectacle in 5-a-side football just isn't the same.

Wouldn't work. Football players outside of USA go directly to club football, they don't waste time in university football. In USA they kind of have to do it because they don't have competitive teams in lower divisions, because of the lack of promotion.

All that your numbers are saying is that Gomez has been the best goal scorer in the Bundesliga in the last few years, don't think anyone doubts that.

But who says that the best scorer is the best striker? Also, Lewandowski made a huge step last season and is still improving, doesn't make sense to compare the 10/11 season when he was benched for half a season and used as playmaker behind Barrios in the other half.

Lewa is both great player and great striker. While Gomez is only a great striker, he doesn't really count as a "player" on the pitch because he can't pass or do anything a normal player should be able to do on that level

But Gomez positioning skill (knowing where to be at the right time) is something no player can match right now. Sadly, is practically his only great skill

Still better than Kroos, tho. Kroos is shit

Fry

Okay then, like FootballFan says:

You like Clegg couldn't finish their own arguments. :lol

Laughable.

Villa always played in the same league. Do you really want to compare with a player that went to a different team every season, while winning the title every season?

Clegg

Laughable.

Villa always played in the same league. Do you really want to compare with a player that went to a different team every season, while winning the title every season?

I wasn't in an argument.

I stated my opinion and you jumped all over it.

Wilbur

Banned

Laughable.

I'll finish my argument now then :lol

Like in Torres' case, stats don't necessarily matter. Darren Bent scored a fuckload of goals season after season, but he's certainly not one of England's best players. Gomez scores a fuckload of goals. Lewandowski is better.

Do you really want to compare Ibra who always played for top top teams with a player that played for weaker teams and scored 20+ goals season after season, and scored in a Champions League final and did it when it mattered at the World Cup/Euros?

Dammit Dybala is class, what a pass and Brienza close to a fantastic goal.

Miccoli was substituted with Dybala but he's on the line, Terry style, commanding his team. :lol

Fry

Yeah but Huntelaar plays in a team which is not as good as Bayern.

He would probably have managed 45 goals for Bayern. Gomez could only manage to get 30.

Mario Gomez scored a combined tally of 41 goals for Bayern Munich last season. No player in the German Bundesliga scored more goals than him. Only one player – the god-like Lionel Messi – scored more goals than him in the European Champions League.

Isn't that enough for a non penalty taker?

elsk

Banned
Mario Gomez scored a combined tally of 41 goals for Bayern Munich last season. No player in the German Bundesliga scored more goals than him. Only one player – the god-like Lionel Messi – scored more goals than him in the European Champions League.

would rather have him scoring 0 goals in the whole season and 1 in the CL final

but I'm glad Gomez is back, and with competition for the striker position. Now fuck Kroos

Wilbur

Banned

But he's not a very good football player. He's a great goal scorer, but not a great player. I think Lewandowski is a better player, and I'd rather have him in my team.

It's not even Bayern hate, all my Bayern hate is tongue in cheek. Ribery's a cunt but fantastic, Lahm/Schweini/Kroos/Neuer/Shaqiri/Badstuber/Martinez... I like them all.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Oh boy we suck. Khedira you've been in godmode and now that.

ibjVLOjycwJB6I.gif

Palermo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gasperini lives again. Ilicic reborn. PALERMO TO WIN SERIE A

I need this match to have 4 or more goals. Lets go Real.

This thread will be so good tomorrow if El Shaaaaraaaawy's boys beat Juve

Fry

But he's not a very good football player. He's a great goal scorer, but not a great player. I think Lewandowski is a better player, and I'd rather have him in my team.

It's not even Bayern hate, all my Bayern hate is tongue in cheek. Ribery's a cunt but fantastic, Lahm/Schweini/Kroos/Neuer/Shaqiri/Badstuber/Martinez... I like them all.

We don't have to go through this every day. I don't give a fuck about what you guys think about Bayern or not.

But damn, it's becoming impossible to discuss anything. You guys always team up and think you're always right. I at least have facts on my side.

Huntelaar scored 48.

Clegg

We don't have to go through this every day. I don't give a fuck about what you guys think about Bayern or not.

But damn, it's becoming impossible to discuss anything. You guys always team up and think you're always right. I at least have facts on my side.

ffs no-one came teaming up on you.

You picked the bloody fight.

Salvadora

Calm down.

Top Bottom