• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Kyoufu

Alright Euros, time for you guys to load up a streaming site and watch the FSU-UF game. Gonna be an insane atmosphere.

A8fk5paCMAEcpzr.jpg:large

GO NOLES!

Nope.

Betis vs Real Madrid in 15 minutes.

It's Lego time.

Axe > Sword

No question

Pfft!

Slizz

Alright Euros, time for you guys to load up a streaming site and watch the FSU-UF game. Gonna be an insane atmosphere. College football > NFL any day of the week (and I'm a huge NFL fan).

A8fk5paCMAEcpzr.jpg:large

GO NOLES!

Should be insane, rooting for the Noles. My hate for the Gators runs way deeper.

Oxx

I wish English universities did sport like the Americans.

The level of spectacle in 5-a-side football just isn't the same.

Clegg

All I said was that I think Lewandowski is the best striker in Germany.

I don't see how that's a controversial statement tbh.

FootballFan

You don't want to sound like stupid Americans who call soccer/football boring, do you?!

Well I don't think people have problems with 'soccer' being called boring, it's more when people say stuff like "no skill or brains in soccer" or "every player is a pussy and all games end 0-0" sort of posts that are dumb.

Calling it boring is fine imo. I also think American Football is boring, just like many think football is boring. Nothing wrong with that.

Fry

All I said was that I think Lewandowski is the best striker in Germany.

I don't see how that's a controversial statement tbh.

I got you in a corner, didn't I?

The numbers tell Gomez has been the best striker in Germany for the past years. That's it.

Clegg

The numbers tell Gomez has been the best striker in Germany for the past years. That's it.
You have me where exactly?

I think Lewandowski is the best striker in the league. I wasn't looking for an argument from Bayern fans.

All that your numbers are saying is that Gomez has been the best goal scorer in the Bundesliga in the last few years, don't think anyone doubts that.

But who says that the best scorer is the best striker? Also, Lewandowski made a huge step last season and is still improving, doesn't make sense to compare the 10/11 season when he was benched for half a season and used as playmaker behind Barrios in the other half.

Blablurn

our fans suck

1253904495-plakat_mis_20121124-180807-1W09.jpg

"our management - like a whore - fucked by the police and the DFB"

reason for this banner are the updated rules for stadium security.

I don't like us playing without width. Prefer the formation we used today/ 4-2-3-1. United rely on width and look lost when there isn't an option out wide.

In the 1st half, we needed one of the midfielders to push forward when attacking but neither Scholes or Fletcher did. It allowed QPR to take their time and get everyone behind the ball. When Ando came on, the tempo improved and the ball was moved forwards quicker due to either him picking the ball up and driving forward (3rd goal) or moving into positions to pick the ball up in their half. QPR didn't have the time as much time as in the first half to get everyone back and defend.

Either Ando/Clev should start alongside someone who'll stay back and defend Scholes/Carrick/Fletch.

Also, when Kagawa returns, he should play behind the striker, Rooney isn't the best in that No.10 position, especially when there's a bunch of players around him. His ability to thread a pass through a number of players isn't as good as Kagawa's imo and his ball controls not as good.

prefered team:

----------- De Gea ----------

Rafa - Smalling - Evans - Evra

---------- Ando - Carrick ----------

Valencia -- Kagawa -- Rooney

---------------- RVP ------------

I think that is the big thing currently. I don't know why Fergie goes with some of the mid field combinations he uses. I still wish we had a quality winger like the olden days, but Rafa/Valencia link up is good enough for him to start over Nani/Young.

If we can get Kagawa/Rooney/RVP switching positions the way Tevez/Ronaldo/Rooney did, we will be good too.

Clegg

Haha, no, you're the bullshitter one.

Fry, I came here stating that I thought Lewandowski was the best striker in the Bundesliga. Then you said no he isn't. That's fine and I respect your opinion.

I didn't come here looking for an argument ffs.

FootballFan

David Villa, who I might add played in worse teams(Sporting Gijon, Zaragoza, Valencia etc.) has 20 goals more than Ibra, career wise + Villa is a year younger.

Villa > Ibra? Let me guess now, stats don't matter :p

Saw Isco for the first time today. He looks pretty smooth but at times I fell he would be better on a team with more support...

First time now? :eek: Lol I was a big supporter when he was at Valencia, had seen him for the Spanish youth teams. Was always good when he came on but Valencia never used him. Fools! He got his revenge :p

:lol afer dark is like 10 am for me. :(

Diablos54

Tulisa's boobs and Nicole being crazy are the only 2 good reasons to watch X-Factor.

Or according to Gaming GAF, for a Wii U commercial which didn't even happen. :p

Top Bottom