• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck. We just weren't up for it. Mid week is gonna be more of the same. This fucking schedule is shit.

Welcome to my world. Chelsea, City and Arsenal in one month. Villa away ain't shit.

robin_van_persies_reaction_to_arshavin_coming_on_for_oxladechamberlain.gif

Ushojax

that was fucking terrible. I guess the derby was just a red card fluke... really disappointing.

Arsenal are always up for the derby, but they were still shit when it was 11 v 11 and cacked themselves when Bale scored. Both teams have a lot of problems.

Anything but a City win tmrw would be ideal. Draw means we stay top and Chelsea will be a bit of a way back. Chelsea win brings it back to 3 points between the 3, but City will have finally lost.

Hope Everton can pull of their usual win against City on the weekend too.

Wilbur

Banned
Anything but a City win tmrw would be ideal. Draw means we stay top and Chelsea will be a bit of a way back. Chelsea win brings it back to 3 points between the 3, but City will have finally lost.

Hope Everton can pull of their usual win against City on the weekend too.

Chelsea win would be nice. I don't think Everton will win at City unfortunately.

Ushojax

Wenger brought Coquelin on for Giroud at 0-0. Even Mancini isn't that crazy.

MON offered his resignation?

Feorax

If we win tomorrow, we're 3 points off a CL spot. Not bad for a team consisting a quarter of our youth players.

Of course, we will bottle it and gift Swansea the game, so it's completely irrelevant, but still, it's a nice thought considering where we could be right now.

There is a stat somewhere Giroud has been directly involved with almost 70% of Arsenal's recent goals. He has a presence in the box. But he isn't getting as many opportunities. It's no coincidence that the midfield isn't playing well

Ushojax

If we win tomorrow, we're 3 points off a CL spot. Not bad for a team consisting a quarter of our youth players.

Of course, we will bottle it and gift Swansea the game, so it's completely irrelevant, but still, it's a nice thought considering where we could be right now.

wut

Chelsea are 4th on 24 points. Liverpool have 15.

Chelsea win would be nice. I don't think Everton will win at City unfortunately.
Yeah it's unlikely but they should give them a good game at least.

So annoyed at how we performed last week. We should have won that match and been 5 points clear after today's win. Guess that itself tell us we need to make sure we beat West Ham on Wednesday. Gonna be a tough game that one.

Would actually like to see us return to the diamond you know. Especially with 2 of our wingers injured and the other one being Young. Something like:

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
--------Carrick
Cleverley Anderson
--------Rooney
---Hernandez RVP

would be nice.

Evans was very good today.

3 points off Everton you mean. Which is equivalent to CL for you guys these days :p

Arnie

Even better when you consider how we should've beat City, effectively did beat Everton, and the United result was garbled by a piece of vintage SAF refereeing.

Ah, sorry, my bad. Was lookin at Everton on 21.

Still, was anticipating we could have been well and truly cut adrift by this point.
It's true. Was looking at the table and thinking that myself. If Liverpool win tomorrow they will be 2 points behind Arsenal and possibly above Spurs. So definitely in the mix with the teams who are vying for 4th. If that's the case come January, then it's not impossible for Liverpool to actually make a run at 4th place.

Arnie

It's true. Was looking at the table and thinking that myself. If Liverpool win tomorrow they will be 2 points behind Arsenal and possibly above Spurs. So definitely in the mix with the teams who are vying for 4th. If that's the case come January, then it's not impossible for Liverpool to actually make a run at 4th place.

And our team should improve post January with signings and the continued adoption of Rodgers' philosophy.

Optimistic Liverpool... The fact is you didn't win.
What a dense response.

Don't blame you for wanting to dodge analysing team performance, though. When you're relying on Giroud things are understandably hairy.

is1ojBt6UBBH4.gif

Tap in master, shitty player.
Funny how it goes sometimes. I bet you if that goal was scored in the PL by RVP or someone, Bundes-GAF would be saying "lol, PL, such a shit league, crap defending" and if it had been scored in La Liga, PL-GAF would be doing the same.

So Gomez is back huh? What's happening with Mandzukic then? 2 up front? Zukic to the bench?

Lightning

Banned
What a dense response.
No it's not. Liverpool have always been decent against the top teams, it's against the lower teams where the standards drop. You cannot measure the quality of a side by hand picking results.

Don't blame you for wanting to dodge analysing team performance, though. When you're relying on Giroud things are understandably hairy.
Giroud isn't doing badly and already better than your master buy of Carroll. And we're not relying on Giroud, we're relying on 11 players. There is no one man superstar in our squad now that RVP and Fabregas have left.

Fry

Funny how it goes sometimes. I bet you if that goal was scored in the PL by RVP or someone, Bundes-GAF would be saying "lol, PL, such a shit league, crap defending" and if it had been scored in La Liga, PL-GAF would be doing the same.

So Gomez is back huh? What's happening with Mandzukic then? 2 up front? Zukic to the bench?

Gomez's kind of used his body strength to put the defender on the floor though, nothing he could have done.

Gomez is still being gradually used, he scored this goal within 20 seconds of playing time.

Arnie

No it's not. Liverpool have always been decent against the top teams, it's against the lower teams where the standards drop. You cannot measure the quality of a side by hand picking results.

I'm measuring this season.

And if I was handpicking results I would remind you of the five we scored against Norwich, or the three we scored against Wigan. Instead I'm talking of the positive performance against this season's top teams.

But again, can't blame you for recoiling at the idea of evaluating team performance.

Mark Hughes to Sunderland?

Di Matteo?

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah it's unlikely but they should give them a good game at least.

So annoyed at how we performed last week. We should have won that match and been 5 points clear after today's win. Guess that itself tell us we need to make sure we beat West Ham on Wednesday. Gonna be a tough game that one.

Would actually like to see us return to the diamond you know. Especially with 2 of our wingers injured and the other one being Young. Something like:

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
--------Carrick
Cleverley Anderson
--------Rooney
---Hernandez RVP

would be nice.

Evans was very good today.

Kyoufu fumes when he sees formations :lol

Personally that selection would be my favourite if you swapped Hernandez for Kagawa (when available of course); I don't think the diamond should be written off after one game. We played it but didn't play Kagawa behind the striker, it didn't necessarily work and all of a sudden we're back to 4-4-2 with fucking Ashley Young.

I don't really like starting Hernandez in games as well, you see how he stretches a tired defence. Personally if we could get Hernandez and Scholes on for the last half hour of games instead of starting them, we'd do well. Scholes is far better in situations where his fitness isn't really needed to rely upon; he's the most intelligent player with the ball at his feet on most football pitches, but after 10 minutes of trying to keep up with players he just didn't play well.

Rio was poor today as well, so Smalling & Evans get my shout from now on. I really rate Smalling, higher than Jones and Evans but its unlikely Rio's going to be rotated too often, especially if we have West Ham (away?), where he's got experience. But the three man midfield would be a good shout for me, and if we are away I can see Frogson considering it.

Top Bottom