• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Kyoufu

Not saying that he's right, because they have a squad that should be able to deal with it, but Barca playing Tuesday - Sunday while Madrid play Wednesday - Saturday is just stupid. Might as well just switch the latter dates.

I think they're going all out for the CL this year though which is a shame. No idea how Barca haven't lost yet, their defending's been awful.

They haven't lost yet because their Triforce is godlike and can outscore most teams.

Nyx

NEC Nijmegen - FC Utrecht 2-0 (2-0)

_F.jpg

_FCU5994.jpg

_FCU6131.jpg

_FCU6135.jpg

_FCU6341.jpg

_FCU6486.jpg

The 2-0, classic goalkeeper mistake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeeiZRSICxY

Yen

When is the Liverpool match, and when is the F1? I'm still too groggy after my migraine to check. Think I might miss both.

Arnie

When is the Liverpool match, and when is the F1? I'm still too groggy after my migraine to check. Think I might miss both.

Half one.

That Wenger video is frustrating, give the man some credit, there's a lot more that goes into a substitution than people make out, and it irks me that somehow Arsenal are the only club that should demand a detailed report of each and every substitution to show 'respect'. Wenger's the manager, a top class manager, and he's shown time and time again that he knows what he's doing. Give him a break. Ending was really good.

Kyoufu

NUFC have not lost three Premier League games in a row within a single season since September 2008 #relegation #nufc

Saw that on twitter.

Fuck.

GorillaJu

Expected a lot more from the Wenger presser. I found him to give reasonable responses given the idiotic remark was "it's not showing [the fans] respect to not explain substitutions."

Fans are laymen and it's not their position to know every last detail that goes on in the manager's head. He has that job because he's deemed to be the best person for it (and indeed I think Wenger is one of the world's best managers, if not the best) and he shouldn't have to explain anything he doesn't want to.

Does a teacher have to explain every assignment to their students? They can if they feel the students will benefit from that knowledge, but students (like fans and the media) aren't in the position to be guaranteed whatever they ask for.

The reporters in the crowd are very clearly just trying to bait out whatever they can to get a good headline. They're not people to be respected, and they certainly don't represent the fans like they claim to.

Feorax

Our rumoured team for today;

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Henderson, Allen, Gerrard; Assaidi, Sterling, Suarez.

Should know in about 10 minutes if thats accurate

Wilbur

Banned
Half one.

That Wenger video is frustrating, give the man some credit, there's a lot more that goes into a substitution than people make out, and it irks me that somehow Arsenal are the only club that should demand a detailed report of each and every substitution to show 'respect'. Wenger's the manager, a top class manager, and he's shown time and time again that he knows what he's doing. Give him a break. Ending was really good.

Yeah, agreed. I don't think its Wenger's fault how things are going personally, if the board freed up some money - and he's bought Cazorla/Podolski/Giroud, each of who are delivering so far - then what are they going to moan at next? He's a fantastic manager. Watch if he leaves and fucking Owen Coyle takes over, I'll laugh hard.

Should get to watch the football then. Hopefully Massa Sennas Vettel.

... kills him?!

NUFC have not lost three Premier League games in a row within a single season since September 2008 #relegation #nufc

Saw that on twitter.

Fuck.

You're worrying too much. A win takes you to 9th/8th depending on the Spurs match.

I'm more worried about our football than our league position.

We play differently than we did with Fabregas and Nasri in the team. It isn't two sided triangles anymore, or a possession style that is good enough to get us camped outside our opponents box; the midfield is incompatible. I'm not sure what the problem is specifically, but I reckon its our wingers not coming centrally enough. Podolski and Gervinho aren't exactly the tika taka type

Arsenal dont play pretty football now. They didn't last year either. Worst yet, we dont even have a style

Salvadora

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ
David Beckham a transfer target for Harry Redknapp and QPR

T6JZa.gif
He's already started...
Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme: "I'm sure he could still play in the Premier League.
"I've not discussed it with the chairman so we'd have to look at that."
Redknapp tried to sign Beckham on loan in January 2011 when he was manager at Tottenham but the midfielder was only able to train with the north London club.
"He's a top fantastic player," continued Redknapp. "We had him training at Tottenham and it was amazing [to have him] round the place. He is absolute class.
"David could still be a great asset to anyone. Just having him round the place, showing people how to train and look after yourself. His professionalism is second to none."

Keio

For a Finer World
Watching Ajax stroke the ball around with 70% possession would be ok if we had some decent finishing capability. Even when the ball is played to feet in the box it doesn't feel like a threat. And every time the opposition mounts a counter its like a sure goal. After Wednesday this is too much déjà vu.

elseanio

#lfc confirmed v Swansea: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.

Happy with that back 4, and great to see Henderson starting

Stimpy

I guess Rodgers heard the rumour of Arsenal bidding 10 million for Downing and wants to get the price up by showing just how good he is.

Pretty much my ideal lineup without Lucas. Hopefully Sahin will consider this a kick up the arse. Looking forward to seeing Johnson back on the right. Wisdom's a good defender, but its painful when he goes past the halfway line

Top Bottom