• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

FootballFan

Fuck, no way we're going to get him now*. Should've went for him pre-season..
Now he's probably destined for Real or Barca.
(he's supposedly on a 21m release clause)

/* not because of that trick, but because of his overall performance in the league/cl

I only watch Malaga because of Isco, used to be because of Cazorla. Portillo is quite impressive too(scored the first goal against Valencia) though I think he is older than Isco.

Pellegrini is a good coach imo, his teams always play good football, he even managed to get Madrid to play well.

Anyone know if Pablo Hernandez is playing for Swansea against Liverpool?

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone know if Pablo Hernandez is playing for Swansea against Liverpool?

It's likely he starts. Laudrup normally likes Hernandez and one of Dyer/Routledge

========================

Lol

AXhhV.jpg

"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield, or shagging Miss World, it'd be a hard choice. Thankfully I've done both."

george_best.jpeg

Wilbur

Banned
It's Mou's job to motivate them.

Not saying that he's right, because they have a squad that should be able to deal with it, but Barca playing Tuesday - Sunday while Madrid play Wednesday - Saturday is just stupid. Might as well just switch the latter dates.

I think they're going all out for the CL this year though which is a shame. No idea how Barca haven't lost yet, their defending's been awful.

I am kinda with Meus.

I would love Guardiola as our manager but his pedigree is still nowhere near Mourinho's. With Jose leaving Madrid before long I think you'd rather have him as your manager than Pep.

Time will tell with Guardiola I guess. I'm not saying he is an average manager, just it's a bit soon to say he is up there with the very best because despite everything he did at Barca, it was only 3 years under conditions which were ideal for him. That doesn't take anything away from his achievement, just means whenever he goes next, he will have a tougher job.

Wilbur

Banned
I am kinda with Meus.

I would love Guardiola as our manager but his pedigree is still nowhere near Mourinho's. With Jose leaving Madrid before long I think you'd rather have him as your manager than Pep.

Time will tell with Guardiola I guess. I'm not saying he is an average manager, just it's a bit soon to say he is up there with the very best because despite everything he did at Barca, it was only 3 years under conditions which were ideal for him. That doesn't take anything away from his achievement, just means whenever he goes next, he will have a tougher job.

Agreed; until he proves himself somewhere else or if he had stayed at Barca for 10 years and kept it up, then he'll be a hard one to judge properly. Great achievement up until now.

LegoArmo

Arsenal fans at the game yesterday who chanted at Wenger should be ashamed. When he leaves your club, the only way I can see you going is down.

FootballFan

Not saying that he's right, because they have a squad that should be able to deal with it, but Barca playing Tuesday - Sunday while Madrid play Wednesday - Saturday is just stupid. Might as well just switch the latter dates.

I think they're going all out for the CL this year though which is a shame. No idea how Barca haven't lost yet, their defending's been awful.

Conceding goals most games but scoring more than the other team thanks to Messi.

FootballFan

Agreed; until he proves himself somewhere else or if he had stayed at Barca for 10 years and kept it up, then he'll be a hard one to judge properly. Great achievement up until now.

Does coaching Barca B and promoting them into the second division count as anything or is it still essentially 'Barca'?

Wilbur

Banned
Does coaching Barca B and promoting them into the second division count as anything or is it still essentially 'Barca'.

I don't think its the greatest credentials ever to be honest; the third league of Spanish football isn't going to be the strongest, and especially considering that - while they're youth players - they're still going to be fantastic talents because after all that's why they're playing for Barca B in the first place. It's a good achievement, but Lambert keeping a team full of League One players in the Premier League last season was a better achievement for me, to use one example.

FootballFan

^Fair enough. It was important though, that is why he was picked as coach, and that is how he saw the talents of Pedro/Busquets.

I long for the day he wants to return to boyhood club Manchester United and then our defending will never be spoken of again

Cruyffs saying was "you can win the league by scoring 80 and conceding 50, or by scoring 50 and conceding 30" Barca right now is definitely the former.

Wilbur

Banned
Sneijder has been told he won't play for Inter again until he signs a "modified" contract.

Tbh, I always knew we'd get him.

He's our box to box midfielder isn't he?

^Fair enough. It was important though, that is why he was picked as coach, and that is how he saw the talents of Pedro/Busquets.

Yeah, agreed. I'm not saying he's a lucky manager, or a fluke, but outside of being the best Barca manager in history I don't think you could say he's necessarily one of the best ever.

It's not their first. They're busy doing the whole cataloge actually. I keep track of this thread to stay up to date. Also love the packaging. Arrietty came with post cards too.
Grave of the fireflies is on Blu too? Finally. Let my manly tears flow down over my cheeks like the Niagara falls on a rainy day.

DDG
Rafael Vidic Smallings Evra
Wanyama Sneijder Strootman
James RVP WAZZA

Subs - Lindy, Jevans, Phones, Ando, Kagawa, Welbz, Pea

Teams looking good from Jan onwards.

Top Bottom