• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Gerrard should really be dropped when Lucas returns, there'll be no excuse then for leaving him on the pitch. Time to select another captain methinks.

Rodgers will get fired before this happens I feel. He values Gerrard over everyone else in the squad but Suarez. Rodgers would probably keep playing even if he started scoring 10 own goals every game. Though you can sorta understand where he's coming from, very hard to drop a legendary captain.

Timurid

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIRSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 TORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keio

For a Finer World
Newcastle defending like it was the 2000s again.

Also midfield looking clueless. Losing possession all the time.

Carbonox

Take your finger out of your arse Pardew. Quicker you ditch either Cisse or Ba in the starting lineup, the quicker we might actually be able scrape draws at least. 4-4-2 will get us fucking relegated.

This club is a fucking joke after last season. Not a single right thing has been achieved so the success of getting in to Europe went to everyone's heads.

sohois

Rodgers will get fired before this happens I feel. He values Gerrard over everyone else in the squad but Suarez. Rodgers would probably keep playing even if he started scoring 10 own goals every game. Though you can sorta understand where he's coming from, very hard to drop a legendary captain.

I don't think it's that, I think it's largely down to the poor run of results thus far, Rodgers probably doesn't feel strong enough yet to be able to drop the legendary captain. You just know if he did drop him, or subbed him off, all of the idiot english media would blame any failure to win on not leaving Gerrard on the pitch for his 'magic'.

If Rodgers had a few more wins under his belt he would have a position strong enough that there would be significantly less criticism.

Kyoufu

I need a new club to support. This is just too much to take.

The owner won't spend money and the manager won't play a formation that we have won games under.

GorillaJu

Eh, I felt like most of Liverpool's attacks came from searching Gerrard through balls and he was the spark that got every movement going that resulted in a chance.

His flaws were on full display tonight but he puts the ball at the feet of our wingers with such ease and regularity that it is extremely difficult to drop him.

I just wish he'd be more incisive when he comes up to the box. He seems more content to build up play than to finish it

Matthew Stanger ‏@MatthewStanger

52 long balls for Liverpool - one more than Stoke against Fulham on Saturday.

Marginally less possession than Swansealona as well. Still a work in progress. The Cole substitution was a highlight.

Rodgers needs to get this transfer window right or he may not get a second season should Liverpool finish mid table.

Zabojnik

BIRSA IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!! THATS FUCKING AWESOME ZABO!
ALSO, FUCK ANDRES!

Birsa is really good, yeah. He had an unfortunate start in Serie A with Genoa, hopefully he'll play his cards right with Toro. He was beasting with Slovenia, before the whole national team turned to shit, Ilicic included.

EDIT: Fucking Fiorentina. 2-2. :/

Marginally less possession than Swansealona as well. Still a work in progress. The Cole substitution was a highlight.

Rodgers needs to get this transfer window right or he may not get a second season should Liverpool finish mid table.

Long ball stats are rubbish tbf

Clearances
Long passes
Hoofs

All of them come under long balls, only 1 of them is (imo) negative play

3Sixty

Half time stats

Shots on Target: Saints 6-0 Newcastle
Shots off Target: Saints 7-1 Newcastle
Possession : Saints 56% - 44% Newcastle

Keio

For a Finer World
Half time stats

Shots on Target: Saints 6-0 Newcastle
Shots off Target: Saints 7-1 Newcastle
Possession : Saints 56% - 44% Newcastle
This season it's few games that I look back fondly on. Unless Pardew makes drastic changes its another lost cause.

GorillaJu

Long ball stats are rubbish tbf

Clearances
Long passes
Hoofs

All of them come under long balls, only 1 of them is (imo) negative play

Yes. Long passes that find their target don't qualify under the negative long ball style, IMO. It's not like we just hoofed and prayed. They just made long passes to switch play or bring the ball up to the wingers.

Carbonox

I hope Southampton stay up and I'm willing to sacrifice Newcastle for that to happen, providing West Ham, Reading and QPR get relegated.

I don't think it's that, I think it's largely down to the poor run of results thus far, Rodgers probably doesn't feel strong enough yet to be able to drop the legendary captain. You just know if he did drop him, or subbed him off, all of the idiot english media would blame any failure to win on not leaving Gerrard on the pitch for his 'magic'.

If Rodgers had a few more wins under his belt he would have a position strong enough that there would be significantly less criticism.

Possibly. I just have the feeling Rodgers is that kind of person/manager who has complete faith in the 2-3 players that he considers as world class quality, from watching Being Liverpool.
Of course Sahin not hitting the ground running or Shelvey missing quite a few easy chances lately haven't helped him at all. He needs stronger options before he can drop Gerrard safely.

No Benyoun in the squad today, and Jarvis is only on the bench - thought we missed their quality against Stoke, but Maiga gets a start so hopefully we won't suffer too much.

COME ON YOU IRONS! Nothing would be sweeter than stuffing the Spuds at their place.

Keio

For a Finer World
Im sure with Ben Arfa and Cabye it would be a different game.

Then again, you have to deal with it i guess.
To be honest in 4-4-2 even those two haven't made a big difference outside individual brilliance. We need more possession.

Timurid

Fuck we could of got the three points today... :( We need Glik back for the derby or we are screwed.
Birsa is really good, yeah. He had an unfortunate start in Serie A with Genoa, hopefully he'll play his cards right with Toro. He was beasting with Slovenia, before the whole national team turned to shit, Ilicic included.

EDIT: Fucking Fiorentina. 2-2. :/

yeah! Hopefully, Ventura gives Birsa some more game time.

Not feeling confident about today. City have such a strong team, Torres doesn't look anymore interested than he did last week, in fact in the tunnel he looks positively miserable.

Defence, I would have gone with Ivanovic and Cahill, but we'll see what Rafa has done in the few days hes had. For what its worth I think fans would be right to boo at some point over the managerial situation but at the sacking of RDM not the appointment of Rafa.

Top Bottom