• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Lots of errant passes in the 1st half that ended/prevented real chances. I was glad Jimmy took that long shot..too many players on the team are a bit scared to have a go at it it seems. Wigan had a few chances on counters but it was pretty one-sided I thought. Mario and Kun had rather underwhelming performances although Mario at least was able to make up for it a bit by scoring. Our strikers have got to be more clinical -- hopefully Tevez does well this weekend.

Nervous about the game with Everton this weekend despite it being at home. Not thrilled we have them, Dortmund and Man U in an 8 day period -- that's a lot of tough games in a short order. Man U will send their B team to face Cluj and should easily beat Reading as well.

Dortmund's a dead rubber though really; they're definitely finishing top of the group and if Mancini was being honest I don't think he gives many fucks about Europa League.

We should get a rest in against Cluj though, you're right. I just hope Fergie doesn't revert to starting Scholes because City will eat him alive.

I'm more upset that Luiz has lost his damn mind in defense, Azpilicueta can't cross for shit, Torres can't score and neither Romeu or Mikel seem to be a good fit for this system than anything Rafa has done so far.

And yet somehow, without scoring a goal in two games, we moved back into 3rd today. I can live with it :lol

Azpili seems to cross better on his left foot. Dunno why.

Just got back from the game anyway, crowd were pretty pissed off. We have nothing going forward, why was mata on the bench?

I didn't think romeu was too bad, bit careless on the ball but he's young. I like him though and he was less careless than Mikel seems to be.

No one wants to shoot though; they just pass it all around the box. I thought Torres was actually ok today considering the performance of everyone else on the pitch. He didn't go for things he should have been at times but everyone was guilty of that.

Overall though, it's not good. We need wins, we won't win if we don't create anything. Hazard needs a rest IMO, I'd bench him against West Ham and play either Marin or Moses.

Messi

WGQ4a.jpg

Of course Dani Alves is one of those tossers who wears glasses when he does not need to.

spidye

Here's a better photo showing the amount of piss yellow people running in front of Copenhagens supporters stand to celebrate

Great job, especially the Brøndby players who encouraged the supporters coming into the pitch...

wow. that's pretty fucked up.
must be the yellow colour.

FootballFan

why did you guys got rid of him?

Pep came in, and lazy/late-night party animals who came late to training didn't make it in Pep's team.

He didn't want Deco, Edmilson and Dinho to ruin Messi. Lot's of off-field drama :lol

Eto'o was meant to go as well but he worked hard and convinced Pep to keep him(good choice)

Arnie

did match of the day always used to be this crap? the analysis is surface at best

It's absolutely woeful.

Alan Shearer saying that Liverpool need a new goalscorer.

No fucking shit you fucking ball head.

There was a brilliant blog post on the Guardian this week about how they need to find their Neville. Match of the Day is dross.

Yen

Lucas Leiva ‏@LucasLeiva87
Disappointing result as we had enough chances to win the game. Hoping to be available for the weekend. we keep together more then ever.YNWA

Wilbur

Banned
There was a brilliant blog post on the Guardian this week about how they need to find their Neville. Match of the Day is dross.

Written by Michael Cox, one of the three best football men in the world along with Sid Lowe and James Richardson

Zonal Marking's so fucking class

Lucas Leiva ‏@LucasLeiva87
Disappointing result as we had enough chances to win the game. Hoping to be available for the weekend. we keep together more then ever.YNWA

<3

Needed him in the first half. Allen keeps springing forward for balls he has no chance of winning, and leaving a huge gap behind him. Suicide against a team full of pace like Tottenham

Arnie

Written by Michael Cox, one of the three best football men in the world along with Sid Lowe and James Richardson

I prefer Rory Smith to Sid Lowe, but I like Sid because he once tweeted about my favourite pizza place in Sheffield. We had a little chat about it. I think he went to University of Sheffield too.

Good point someone just made, why haven't Match of the Day shown Bale getting booked for diving? If that was Suarez you can fucking bet it'd make the cut, and be pushed front and centre in the discussion.

Yen

I prefer Rory Smith to Sid Lowe, but I like Sid because he once tweeted about my favourite pizza place in Sheffield. We had a little chat about it. I think he went to University of Sheffield too.

You name-drop you! I don't go round telling people of that time I met Michael Greco.

Wes

venison crêpe

You forgot Raphael Honigstein, Philippe Auclair and, of course, Jonathan Wilson.

Wilbur

Banned

Good point someone just made, why haven't Match of the Day shown Bale getting booked for diving? If that was Suarez you can fucking bet it'd make the cut, and be pushed front and centre in the discussion.

I don't know who Rory Smith is, am I a cumstain on the face of humanity? Sid's sweet though, great writer. He's done a fair few great things on Oviedo recently.

I don't even watch MOTD anymore. The Guardian have 4 minute highlight reels hosted by Yahoo a few hours after games, so I just wait for that to come on. Utterly inane fucking commentary on MOTD.

Arnie

You name-drop you! I don't go round telling people of that time I met Michael Greco.

It was a Twitter conversation, I didn't have a Margherita slice with him or anything.

I don't know who Rory Smith is, am I a cumstain on the face of humanity? Sid's sweet though, great writer. He's done a fair few great things on Oviedo recently.

I don't even watch MOTD anymore. The Guardian have 4 minute highlight reels hosted by Yahoo a few hours after games, so I just wait for that to come on. Utterly inane fucking commentary on MOTD.
Does Chelsea/Spurs stuff for The Times. Was formerly doing Liverpool stuff at the Independent. Still a good source of LFC knowledge and an absolutely fantastic writer. He shadow wrote Benitez's latest book.

Wilbur

Banned
My best Twitter interaction was Example retweeting the picture I drew of him cumming on my media teacher's face

You forgot Raphael Honigstein, Philippe Auclair and, of course, Jonathan Wilson.

I like all three (Wilson comes across a bit pretentious to me sometimes), but Lowe's the best writer of the four, Zonal Marking is a god so I love Cox, and Richardson's the funniest. Auclair especially is good though.

xintin

Watch this shit it's hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6uhKSvgbE

Tello is where it's at son. Jordi looks like a mouse
Is that your cousin?

The NBA fines players for flopping/diving now, time to step your game up FIFA.

Lots of errant passes in the 1st half that ended/prevented real chances. I was glad Jimmy took that long shot..too many players on the team are a bit scared to have a go at it it seems. Wigan had a few chances on counters but it was pretty one-sided I thought. Mario and Kun had rather underwhelming performances although Mario at least was able to make up for it a bit by scoring. Our strikers have got to be more clinical -- hopefully Tevez does well this weekend.

Nervous about the game with Everton this weekend despite it being at home. Not thrilled we have them, Dortmund and Man U in an 8 day period -- that's a lot of tough games in a short order. Man U will send their B team to face Cluj and should easily beat Reading as well.

Exactly, we don't need to be walking it into the 6 yard box all the time, we have quality to score from far out. Balotelli put in the effort at least, worked hard and got the goal.

Everton will be a tough one alright but I don't think they are playing as well now as they were/can so still confident of the win, they couldn't beat Arsenal tonight and they were home.

As Wilbury said, we should just send a B team to Dortmund, rest vital players for the united game. I personally don't care about Europe anymore and neither does Mancini I'd say. Gotta have that domestic focus.

LegoArmo

Commentators are so annoying. Just say the guys names and that's it. I don't need other people telling me if it's a bad miss or a good save. I have eyes.

bud

i want at least half the premier league teams to relegate

but then the championship teams who would promote would probably be even worse

football in great britain is dying

we are nearing the end of that book

this is how it ends

not with a bang

not with a whimper

but with snape dying

Wilbur

Banned
i want at least half the premier league teams to relegate

but then the championship teams who would promote would probably be even worse

football in great britain is dying

we are nearing the end of that book

this is how it ends

not with a bang

not with a whimper

but with snape dying

You are my new favourite bud

PaulLFC

Guillem Balague &#8207;@GuillemBalague
to the Chelsea Boo Army: you have confirmed the image other fans have of you. Well done

Haha, well in Guillem.

It's absolutely woeful.

Alan Shearer saying that Liverpool need a new goalscorer.

No fucking shit you fucking ball head.

As much as I disliked him as a player, I think Neville's a brilliant pundit. I suppose it's not hard to be better than the awful pundits we have to put up with usually, but still.

Probably the same reason half nearly all of these not-given penalty decisions for Suarez would have been given if it was any other player. He's getting denied clear free kicks and penalties for no discernible reason other than "it's Suarez". That penalty he didn't get against Norwich was borderline assault.

Everyone moans in this topic and its mostly fans of the top 4 or so teams

OH NO WE DIDN'T WIN 4-0

fuck off

Tell me about it

We make all your problems look like a delight to have (apart from Bumhead - his team is Shitter than us)

We have been dicked by Bolton and Millwall this week and on Sunday we face our fierce rivals who haven't beaten us for 33 years and are about to break that

Not sure what's going on and I want berg to succeed but tonight was worse than anything under Kean

Top Bottom