• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

3Sixty

Lol

I'm certain he is lying. There is a culture of Africans giving fake ages when migrating to Europe, not just footballers. Officially, Obafemi Martins is only 31, and Kanu 36, yet if anyone has seen photos of these guys - especially several years ago - it is immediately obvious they were older than they claimed to be. It's an open secret to us Africans. I think the Guardian once wrote a piece on it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

The Ramble said it best.

Kanu left Arsenal aged 28...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Carbonox

Fraser Forster's LE SEX.

Wonder what teams he could move to from Celtic. Maybe he can come back to us once we offload Krul to West Ham, a far superior team.

Meier

Fraser Forster's LE SEX.

Wonder what teams he could move to from Celtic. Maybe he can come back to us once we offload Krul to West Ham, a far superior team.

He made a fantastic reaction save in Celtic's domestic game this week. I believe it was against a team called Saint Johnstone or something. Saw it on the Fox Soccer Channel wrap-up show last night.. #2 save of the week I believe.

The Ramble said it best.

Kanu left Arsenal aged 28...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Martins aged 18 or 19

1347622337_tx_martins_ap.jpg

Martins aged between '22' and 24

Ucx9v.jpg

To be fair though I can understand why they do it

Tc91

Article in the banned newspaper.
Cocky Hart was an accident waiting to happen... England's No 1 must go back to basics

I agree, seen him be cocky in way too many matches always giving little smirks to strikers when he's made a save. Too big for his own boots.

--

Yurt get that Pogba picture deleted. :(

LegoArmo

Keepers who play one "worldy" every 15 games are higher rated by pundits, than keepers who play consistently good, game after game, then make 1 mistake. It's a weird world.

Hart is a great keeper, but the media throthing at the gash over him has been a bit annoying.

It's ok, one day you will understand them too. Meanwhile stick to dumb hyperbole posts about the death of football and betting.

You still talking about that post I made back in May? Fuck me lol. I'll stick to my hyperbole and betting, thanks, I was relying on your input as to whether to carry on. Maybe you'll still be talking about them this time next year!

You still talking about that post I made back in May? Fuck me lol. I'll stick to my hyperbole and betting, thanks, I was relying on your input as to whether to carry on. Maybe you'll still be talking about them this time next year!

Well it still is the most hilarious post I've seen on GAF, so much salt and hilarity compressed into a small post. I will stop now though before you get me banned.

Yen

I don't understand how, if these African players are in their 40s, how they can cope with the physicality of the sport. I remember reading in the Guardian that Taribo West is meant to really be like 53 haha

Well it still is the most hilarious post I've seen on GAF, so much salt and hilarity compressed into a small post. I will stop now though before you get me banned.

"It was funny because you were salty. But I'll stop now before I get myself banned because of how salty I am right now".

On seconds thoughts, your last sentence was pretty funny.

I don't understand how, if these African players are in their 40s, how they can cope with the physicality of the sport. I remember reading in the Guardian that Taribo West is meant to really be like 53 haha

A stream of bloggers on some of Nigeria's most popular websites, in response to comments made after the country's timid effort in last month's Africa Cup of Nations.

Failure to win that trophy is nearly always considered a scandal in the continent's most populous nation but Nigeria's latest misadventure in the tournament triggered a particularly explosive condemnation back home.

It started when a former manager of a leading Nigerian club told the Lagos Guardian: "What happened in Angola is a confirmation of what has been happening in the past where most of our players falsified their age during competition. Most of the players are beyond the age they professed and this made it impossible for them to withstand the pace of teams like Zambia and Benin."

It also led to an entertaining discussion that shows no sign of abating as the Nigerians, who have three months to prepare for the World Cup, reacted to the criticism by sacking the coach. "Our boys are old, we are paying the price for age cheating," said Ken Anugweje, a former national team doctor and board member of the Nigerian Football Federation​

Arnie

I don't even know what the argument was about, but it sure escalated, quickly. You people just need to crack open a Coke and watch Premier League years 08/09.

Slizz

Lol this thread sometimes.

Musical taste time. Heres what I have been looking forward to music-wise for the past 2 months:

wVjpi.gif

Respect that cover lol.

I don't even know what the argument was about, but it sure escalated, quickly. You people just need to crack open a Coke and watch Premier League years 08/09.

Not sure if that's a reference to Wilburys story about sticking premier league dvds up each others body openings or if you just want us to watch that time when Liverpool nearly won the league.

Arnie

Not sure if that's a reference to Wilburys story about sticking premier league dvds up each others body openings or if you just want us to watch that time when Liverpool nearly won the league.

It's definitely the latter, wasn't aware about the former, but it doesn't surprise me.

Dirty little toy merchant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^We never asked why he was fired.

And FWIW, Wooden is fucking hilarious and should never really be taken seriously.

Arnie said:
It's definitely the latter, wasn't aware about the former, but it doesn't surprise me.

How did you guys end up finishing 2nd? You beat Man United home AND away!

Yen

Man, Arrested Development is so good. Just watched the "Leather Daddy" (S01E09) episode.

edit: ahaha the next episode is even better. "Hey, it's the police...and a construction worker"

Zabojnik

Speaking of musical taste, I just bought two tickets for Satriani. March can't come soon enough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FclrtPUquhQ

There are some ugly rumors surfacing regarding Lichtsteiner. How he suddenly isn't happy at Juve anymore, which apparently has a lot to do with Isla getting more and more play time recently? It's most likely bullshit, but I can see why Conte would choose Isla over him. Licht is kinda out of his element in 3-5-2 (he's magnificent as RB in 4-3-3, though) and it looks like that's what we'll be using 95% of the time going forward.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our form against the bigger teams was stellar, it was against the smaller teams that we struggled.

Yeah that nearly fucked us last season! We needed an Ibra.

What really saved us though was beating (almost) all the top 7 home and away.
And also Ibra

Top Bottom