• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Great news football fans

Rovers are live on sky this Saturday

See Jordan Rhodes in all his glory (he's the guy you want realise is playing till he pops up and taps one in)

Klopp on Perisic who complained about not playing enough and thus not being happy:

"A professional football player is not happy when he's not playing. In the end, it's better if he shuts the fuck up at such times. Training, working hard and fighting for a spot."

Well, who are we going to buy now?

GorillaJu

Klopp on Perisic who complained about not playing enough and thus not being happy:

"A professional football player is not happy when he's not playing. In the end, it's better if he shuts the fuck up at such times. Training, working hard and fighting for a spot."

Hahaha. Awesome.

Slizz

Damn, really? Google Wallet told me my jersey shipped like last week but now I'm completely in the dark. Hopefully if the 10 day shipping occurs, it'll be here before I leave for Thanksgiving break.

I think this might/is the problem.

zaWkv.png

Hopefully since I'm not UK I don't have a problem, and def the last time I bother with them. Nice to get shirts from teams I don't really root for and what not at a discounted price, but seems like its too big of a hassle now.

EDIT:

2bJUS.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fucking mind blown that Chicha and Benz are the same age...

I still can't believe Kwadwo Asamoah is 23. He plays with the confidence of a 30 y/o veteran.

Vidal and Isla are also quite young. 25 and 24 respectively

TeegsD

I think this might/is the problem.

zaWkv.png

Hopefully since I'm not UK I don't have a problem, and def the last time I bother with them. Nice to get shirts from teams I don't really root for and what not at a discounted price, but seems like its too big of a hassle now.

In the US so I really hope that doesn't affect me. And as a college student, I need ST to keep doing business well over here for at least a few more years.

Slizz

In the US so I really hope that doesn't affect me. And as a college student, I need ST to keep doing business well over here for at least a few more years.

They are pretty good about emailing you if there are any hiccups, so you might be good.

Also SportsDirect has decent deals, especially on last seasons kits they still have in stock. I can get last years United L/S kit with printing for about the same as a ST kit.

pulga

Banned
Just booked a flight to Rome for X-mas, going to be spending it with the mom and grandma. Where can I check if there's any games going on while I'm there? I need to see Juve before I die. Sadly, a Roma game was my first Serie A experience -_-

Bo-Locks

That was the only place he could have scored that goal, too. The second defender was running in from the far post, and would have cleared it if the shot wasn't dipping so close to the near post.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just booked a flight to Rome for X-mas, going to be spending it with the mom and grandma. Where can I check if there's any games going on while I'm there? I need to see Juve before I die. Sadly, a Roma game was my first Serie A experience -_-

sMBcu.png

Slizz

I would love to see the new Juve stadium in person, shit looks incredible.

Also, gonna get my chance to lure Alex Morgan away from her college bf on December 15th USWNT play China down here.

pulga

Banned
I would love to see the new Juve stadium in person, shit looks incredible.

Also, gonna get my chance to lure Alex Morgan away from her college bf on December 15th USWNT play China down here.

Her boyfriends in college? He must have the golden dick on campus.

Anderson

Just had my car service, gonna cost me £350, so will have just £50 left til 28th November.

Why did I bet my winnings on Italy yesterday, curse you gambling GAF!

Shame it never worked out for him at Dortmund. Before he joined you guys, he was a beast in the Belgian league, probably of the best of the last decade. Yeah the league level is pretty low but he was one of the few players who looked good enough to make the leap to a bigger club.

He had everything : technique, flair, poaching skills. FC Bruges just built their team around him and let him do his stuff. He never tracked back nor helped much with teamwork which is his main problem at Dortmund I suppose.

dc89

@neilashton_ said:
Appalling taste by http://mcfc.co.uk to use Remembrance Sunday as a link to piece about Joe Hart in today's Mail.
Mr Ashton tweeted that in response to City's 'What the Media says' feature.

Finally, after the Remembrance Sunday and the message ‘lest we forget’, perhaps Neil Ashton’s version in the Daily Mail should be ‘how soon we forget’ when it comes to Joe Hart.

Ashton focuses on a rare bad day at the office for the City No.1 and is already claiming England should look at other options. What, after one off-colour game?

He writes: “He was exposed, brutally, after the break. He was late latching on Ibrahimovic's third and humiliated with his failure to clear the ball in the final minute.

“Hart will be waking up in cold sweats after that error, turning round just in time to watch the Sweden striker's incredible effort nestling in England's net.

“Roy Hodgson has other keepers, John Ruddy and Fraser Forster were both on the bench, and it is a wonder that England's manager had not called upon them.

“Against Brazil in February, it may be time to look at alternatives.”

You are in the minority, I would suggest, with that thought Mr Ashton…

What say GAF? Do I need to step in here and get to work?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Mine was significantly higher than £350. :(

Messi where's my Soccer Triad shirts?! Damn swindler.
I knew his posts were pure PR.

Edit: Wow why's everyone overreacting? So Joe Hart had a bad game in a friendly, big deal! He's still THE best English keeper around, and performed admirably well when it counted.

Unless they want Green back?

pulga

Banned
Oh God, Madrid play Real Sociedad on the 6th as well..decisions decisions.. #firstworldproblems

Pogba has been showing up early to training recently
KuGsj.gif

Nice of him, shows he's committed to the team!
until he backstabs us right where Veratti left his mark

Messi where's my Soccer Triad shirts?! Damn swindler.

Ugh, don't even remind me. All I wanted was a Marchisio home shirt to go with my Pirlo away :(

Meier

Edit: Wow why's everyone overreacting? So Joe Hart had a bad game in a friendly, big deal! He's still THE best English keeper around, and performed admirably well when it counted.

The English press (well, the press in general) are absolute shit-stirrers. He had essentially untested kids trying to stop Zlatan in front of him when the late goals were conceded and the 4th goal was something that is converted maybe once in a life time. He made a goof on it, but it's not one he or any other keeper would have paid for most of the time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Even if it was a hat trick of own goals by Joe Hart, it was a friendly and there's no one better than him.
Oh God, Madrid play Real Sociedad on the 6th as well..decisions decisions.. #firstworldproblems

1-Did they ever beat Real Madrid? I'm sure you'll beat them 3-0+
2-Barcelona sealed the title, why are you even still watching?

^Even if it was a hat trick of own goals by Joe Hart, it was a friendly and there's no one better than him.

That there might not be anyone better than Hart hardly makes him immune to criticism when he's shit, although some English pundits and commentators think he's the second coming.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That there might not be anyone better than Hart hardly makes him immune to criticism when he's shit, although some English pundits and commentators think he's the second coming.

Oh of course. But asking for him to be replaced is ridiculous.

Lol

I'm certain he is lying. There is a culture of Africans giving fake ages when migrating to Europe, not just footballers. Officially, Obafemi Martins is only 31, and Kanu 36, yet if anyone has seen photos of these guys - especially several years ago - it is immediately obvious they were older than they claimed to be. It's an open secret to us Africans. I think the Guardian once wrote a piece on it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Kwadwo-Asamoah-120811-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He wouldn't do that <3 He looks young though! Unlike Muntari, who I'm convinced is (at least) in his mid 40s.

I still can't believe Kwadwo Asamoah is 23. He plays with the confidence of a 30 y/o veteran.

Lol

I'm certain he is lying. There is a culture of Africans giving fake ages when migrating to Europe, not just footballers. Officially, Obafemi Martins is only 31, and Kanu 36, yet if anyone has seen photos of these guys - especially several years ago - it is immediately obvious they were older than they claimed to be. It's an open secret to us Africans. I think the Guardian once wrote a piece on it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Top Bottom