• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Warm food is what they recommended to me. Too hot and it will disrupt the healing. I just stuck with mild food to make it easier.

Yeah Weetabix is a bit risky I think. I was so worried about food bits I made sure the soup I got was pure mushroom or tomato soup without any bits in it.

When I swallowed, it felt weird because my tongue wasn't used to the new hold in my mouth so yeah you will feel as if something's pulling. Wouldn't worry about it though.

Even to this day I refuse to look in my mouth at the precise hole where my tooth was pulled. :lol I find the idea horrible. Though I remember when my wisdom tooth was cracked. Could see the innards of the tooth. D:

Eww. It feels worse knowing that having it out was a preventative measure for something that may not have ever happened. Also, did your anesthetic almost feel like it hadn't worked properly? The dentist said 'you'll feel a bit of pressure' but it felt like ahell of a lot more than a bit. Madeworse by the tooth breaking and needing two courses of pulling to get it all out. I had the shakes all over my body, and my legs were sweating to the point that the calfs of my jeans became a little damp.

Getting the anesthetic put in was less unpleasant than I thought it would be, I hated it when I got my other 4 teeth out before my braces were put in, but it was a painless and sudden operation this time

Also, I made sure not to look at the extracted tooth. I sawit out of the corner of my eye, and decided I didn't want to know. I'm fine with blood, but not when its covering an inch long piece of keratin which was recently embedded in my jaw.

As an aside, and this goes for everyone here. If you've been putting off going to the dentist, you're being stupid. I put it off for like 3 and a half years, which is possibly the stupidest thing I've done in the long term. You may think your teeth are fine (I did) but you can't be sure without the professional examination and x-ray. if I'd known about my tooth a couple of years ago, I'd have been able to pay particular attention to the space between my wisdom tooth and the one next to it, which would have prevented the decay and need for the wisdom tooth to come out

For some reason the procedure was free, but that was of no comfort as it was being done, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that I'd essentially just found £50

Can't wait til I can eat pizza again

edit: Time for another round of painkillers and antibiotics.

edit2: Someone play MW2 with me :(

Carbonox

Eww. It feels worse knowing that having it out was a preventative measure for something that may not have ever happened. Also, did your anesthetic almost feel like it hadn't worked properly? The dentist said 'you'll feel a bit of pressure' but it felt like ahell of a lot more than a bit. Madeworse by the tooth breaking and needing two courses of pulling to get it all out. I had the shakes all over my body, and my legs were sweating to the point that the calfs of my jeans became a little damp.

Getting the anesthetic put in was less unpleasant than I thought it would be, I hated it when I got my other 4 teeth out before my braces were put in, but it was a painless and sudden operation this time

Also, I made sure not to look at the extracted tooth. I sawit out of the corner of my eye, and decided I didn't want to know. I'm fine with blood, but not when its covering an inch long piece of keratin which was recently embedded in my jaw.

As an aside, and this goes for everyone here. If you've been putting off going to the dentist, you're being stupid. I put it off for like 3 and a half years, which is possibly the stupidest thing I've done in the long term. You may think your teeth are fine (I did) but you can't be sure without the professional examination and x-ray. if I'd known about my tooth a couple of years ago, I'd have been able to pay particular attention to the space between my wisdom tooth and the one next to it, which would have prevented the decay and need for the wisdom tooth to come out

For some reason the procedure was free, but that was of no comfort as it was being done, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that I'd essentially just found £50

Can't wait til I can eat pizza again

edit: Time for another round of painkillers and antibiotics.

My anesthetic worked fine. No pain at all. I'm actually surprised by how quickly it worked. He injected me, a minute later and he's all "let's get started". I was shitting myself as I could barely feel it working. :lol Surprisingly it worked a charm though.

Speaking of antibiotics/painkillers, I only took them for a day and was perfectly fine following on. Very grateful for the speed and ease of my recovery.

The annoying thing is though that I anticipate having the surgery again in the future. They said that if you have one wisdom tooth out, the one vertical to it will grow more because there's nothing pushing it back. This could cause issues in the future. My other side is fine though.

My anesthetic worked fine. No pain at all. I'm actually surprised by how quickly it worked. He injected me, a minute later and he's all "let's get started". I was shitting myself as I could barely feel it working. :lol Surprisingly it worked a charm though.

Speaking of antibiotics/painkillers, I only took them for a day and was perfectly fine following on. Very grateful for the speed and ease of my recovery.

Bastard :p

Modern medicine is quite spectacular, the people who dedicate their lives to this stuff don't get enough appreciation

WJD

Speaking of doctors, I went to get a cyst on my bollock checked out this morning and spent my whole time in the waiting room sweating it because I had a massive rod on. Luckily it wilted when he called my name out but it was still pretty blood-filled.

Speaking of doctors, I went to get a cyst on my bollock checked out this morning and spent my whole time in the waiting room sweating it because I had a massive rod on. Luckily it wilted when he called my name out but it was still pretty blood-filled.

I always assumed that I'd grow out of getting random boners, it hasn't happened yet though :p

Getting rarer though, nothing worse than trying to hide one at school, especially when you're a supply teacher

WJD

I always assumed that I'd grow out of getting random boners, it hasn't happened yet though :p

Getting rarer though, nothing worse than trying to hide one at school, especially when you're a supply teacher

I rarely get them anymore but today it was like it could sense my fear. I have no idea what I'd have done if it was still at full mast when he pulled my pants down.

I rarely get them anymore but today it was like it could sense my fear. I have no idea what I'd have done if it was still at full mast when he pulled my pants down.

Surely it'd be less embarassing to tell the doctor that you've got a boner and you'd rather wait for it to subside?

Late-morning>After-dark

Anderson

Warm food is what they recommended to me. Too hot and it will disrupt the healing. I just stuck with mild food to make it easier.

Yeah Weetabix is a bit risky I think. I was so worried about food bits I made sure the soup I got was pure mushroom or tomato soup without any bits in it.

When I swallowed, it felt weird because my tongue wasn't used to the new hold in my mouth so yeah you will feel as if something's pulling. Wouldn't worry about it though.

Even to this day I refuse to look in my mouth at the precise hole where my tooth was pulled. :lol I find the idea horrible. Though I remember when my wisdom tooth was cracked. Could see the innards of the tooth. D:

Felt similar when I had my tonsillectomy, was 6 days before I ate anything solid and that was a marmite sandwich.

GorillaJu

I liked COD4, but the one game was enough for me. Thought I'd be excited for the next game (WAW), didn't really like it and by the time MW2 came out I had lost all interest and couldn't get into it at all.

I don't have anything specifically against military shooters, there are just too many of them, IMO.

Arnie

Nothing worse than seeing a doctor about your genitals when you've got a half chub. It's either that or the old boy will shrivel up out of nerves. I'm a hypochondriac like Jeff so I'm well versed in both.

3Sixty

COD4 was the greatest thing I've ever played. Shit was crack to me. MW2 i was so excited about i kind of glossed over the shitness. Black Ops was a step slightly back in the right direction. MW3 made me want to die.

I was reading the BBC Gossip section and

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is said to be setting his sights on Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, 24, and is ready to offer long-term Old Trafford target - 24-year-old forward Karim Benzema - in a swap deal.

Guy who said he was unhappy redeemed? :lol

Edit : From the Daily Fail....

Norwich manager Chris Hughton has put a striker top of his January shopping list after scoring just eight goals in the Premier League so far this season. Arsenal's Marouane Chamakh, 28, and West Ham's Carlton Cole, 29, are among his early targets.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sohois

I remember COD4 as being a pretty good game, the single player got quite frustrating at times and I got tired of the multi at about level 30 bu otherwise it gave me alot of enjoyment. When WAW was announced I didn't play to buy it but I got it at Christmas, pretty mediocre really.

I then decided to just rent MW2, a good decision since it was absolutely abysmal. Haven't touched the series since then.

Also, speaking of COD:
tumblr_mdj1n7nRAQ1rl9uuto1_1280.jpg

Meier

Hassli's goal from 2011 is maybe the best I've ever seen. His volley from this past year is amazing but I'd still go with Sow or Mealla (?).

Clegg

Karim Benzema is only 24?

For some reason I thought he was in his late twenties.

Wouldn't swap him for Hernandez though.

GorillaJu

I think Fellaini isn't good enough as a CM to play for a top PL club. He's a mid-table CM, but a top table attacking midfielder/thug.

Top Bottom